Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 02:57 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,490,195 times

Advertisements

MoMark- That is a visual I definitely did NOT need!

Last edited by Mrs.Bewitched; 03-19-2007 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: it's VISUAL not VIDUAL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 03:48 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times
I've only had that happen a handful of times, and it's always worked itself out within a few hours. Usually if I close my eyes and roll my eye around, it comes out.

Don't sleep with your contacts in! It's really bad for your eyes.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:15 PM

157 posts, read 1,093,481 times
I lost one in my eye a few months ago. At least I thought I did.. It still hasn't come out, so I figure it must have fallen out but I didn't notice. I normally do feel them fall out though. I've 'lost' other ones too, but I can always feel them in there somewhere, normally.

I'd forgotten about my missing contact until I saw this thread. Now I need to go check my eye again to see if it's shown up.. haha.

Old 03-19-2007, 07:33 PM

32,616 posts, read 77,600,575 times
Thumbs down Contacts? Ewwww! (Shuddddeerrr!!!)

How can so many of you willing poke yourself in the eye over and over again? I'm a young, strong guy who doesn't fear much, but sticking my finger inside of my eye ball in order to search for a lost contact lens isn't something that sounds too appealing to me! YIKES! MoMark, after reading your reply, I nearly threw up! I couldn't imagine having little shards of plastic pain scratching up my cornea----AHHHHH!!! I suppose I'm lucky to have 20/20 vision (only one in the entire extended family who doesn't need visual aid of some sort), but when the time comes that I DO need vision correction, I'm just going for the laser corrective surgery! I'd rather have a red beam poking me in the eyeball as opposed to a loose fingernail that might fall off into my eye along with the lost contact lens! AHHHH!!!

How exactly do you all stomach doing this? I couldn't picture sticking my finger anywhere near my eyeball! UGH!

Old 03-19-2007, 08:12 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,985,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrantonWilkesBarre View Post
How can so many of you willing poke yourself in the eye over and over again? I'm a young, strong guy who doesn't fear much, but sticking my finger inside of my eye ball in order to search for a lost contact lens isn't something that sounds too appealing to me! YIKES! MoMark, after reading your reply, I nearly threw up! I couldn't imagine having little shards of plastic pain scratching up my cornea----AHHHHH!!! I suppose I'm lucky to have 20/20 vision (only one in the entire extended family who doesn't need visual aid of some sort), but when the time comes that I DO need vision correction, I'm just going for the laser corrective surgery! I'd rather have a red beam poking me in the eyeball as opposed to a loose fingernail that might fall off into my eye along with the lost contact lens! AHHHH!!!

How exactly do you all stomach doing this? I couldn't picture sticking my finger anywhere near my eyeball! UGH!
I have no problem touching my own eye. I wash my hands and then use the underside of a finger to try and get the contact to adhere to it and then squeeze it out.
I can touch my own eyeballs no problem, but if I had to touch someone else's eyeball, I'd hurl.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:11 PM

373 posts, read 1,852,885 times
Wow, I never knew so many people had the case of the missing contact. Still no luck. I'll let you know if anything ever shows up. Sorry to gross everyone out. Isn't it funny how we all have some kind of contact war story, like some nearsighted band of brothers?

Old 03-19-2007, 11:24 PM

1,025 posts, read 4,095,226 times
I've worn contacts for many years, but so far I've never lost track of one under my eyelid while wearing it. That must feel weird.

ScrantonWilkesBarre, I'm not sure that I've ever actually touched my eyeball when inserting the lens. When the soft contact goes onto my eyeball from my clean fingertip, it feels just like a cool drop of water -- unless it's flipped inside out and I haven't noticed. Then it hurts like an eyelash in my eye and must come out immediately.

Old 03-20-2007, 08:51 AM

1,999 posts, read 10,565,838 times
Had extended wears on. One I thought must have popped out as I could not find it (astigmatism and have one eye more flat than rounded). Put another contact on figuring the original was lost. Lo and behold the first contact came out in a day or two when I cleaned them. Pretty surprised to pull two contacts off one eye at night when this happened. I think this scenario is pretty common. I think they get lost waaaaay up around to the back of the eyeball...sounds yukkie tho.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:30 AM

5 posts, read 49,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelei2873 View Post
Has anyone ever lost their contact lens in the eye? I know it can't go to the back of the eye, but mine is just plain missing in there somewhere. It's been gone since yesterday. I've gone to the OD, but they just gave me a tech and she didn't use dye. She says she "doesn't think" it's in there, but if it is, "it should work itself out." How comforting!

I really feel like these Acuvue lens flip around a lot in the eye and just plain fall out, too. But, this one really feels like it's back there somewhere. I've heard stories of folks having the lost contact just show up a few days later.

Has this ever happened to any of you? What was your experience like?
I've only had that happen many times, and it's always worked itself out within a few hours. Usually if I close my eyes and roll my eye around, it comes out.

-------------------------------------------------------
Contact Lenses

Old 12-11-2007, 07:09 AM

1 posts, read 34,380 times
Unhappy it dosen't hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorelei2873 View Post
Has anyone ever lost their contact lens in the eye? I know it can't go to the back of the eye, but mine is just plain missing in there somewhere. It's been gone since yesterday. I've gone to the OD, but they just gave me a tech and she didn't use dye. She says she "doesn't think" it's in there, but if it is, "it should work itself out." How comforting!

I really feel like these Acuvue lens flip around a lot in the eye and just plain fall out, too. But, this one really feels like it's back there somewhere. I've heard stories of folks having the lost contact just show up a few days later.

Has this ever happened to any of you? What was your experience like?

yes unless if it fell out. i'm 11 and my contacts are going everywhere.
but i just found one on my sink. i sleep with them on and i lost my left one for like 2-3 weeks and it never was found. last night i lost my other contact and i don't know what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness