Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 05:55 PM

10 posts, read 32,111 times

Advertisements

As in your Case in point >>> I find most state employees are rude nasty and make a point to be ignorant to the public. I think they are trained to be that way or its the fact that they as state workers think they are so much better then common folk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 06:54 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
A couple of years ago I called our natural gas provider with a question regarding variable versus fixed rates, and how this would affect being on the budget plan. This woman on the phone was so rude to me-I was speechless. I did, however, find an email address for them and wrote asking if they intentionally hired rude people to deal with customers, or if they were specially trained. Since you basically don't know more than the first name of the person you're dealing with-you know, 'this is Betty" Betty who? "Betty Lou" I doubt it did any good, but it felt good to vent!

Old 02-17-2007, 08:08 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,642,016 times
Really great thread, kimmie. It does take alot of work though, in our day and age to stay positive! I try to do meditation, yoga, tai chi, affirmations, etc. to keep that bright white light surrounding me, but takes effort!

Old 02-17-2007, 10:36 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,217,262 times
I was checking out at Publix once and had the same rude cashier that I had had a few times before. She was absolutely surley. And when I had been through her line before, while I didn't give it back to her, I was a little icy.

This time when she was so rude, I said, "You must be having a bad day." in a nice tone of voice. She completely opened up and almost started crying. Turned out that her mother was dying in Haiti and she wasn't able to bring her over or go to be with her. Our relationship changed after that and I intentionally chose her line to see how she was doing.

I've done that several times since with other rude cashiers and most share something that I can use to excuse, or at least explain, their attitudes.

HOWEVER, I tried it again recently when it happened at another store with another cashier and she snapped back, "NO, I'm not having a bad day. Why would you say that?" So I just replied in a calm voice, "Well, because it seems that you are being so rude to me." Didn't change her attitude, but the bagger loved it!

Old 02-17-2007, 04:24 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
HIF, was that in a Publix in N. Ft. Myers, because I think I met the same rude person!

Anyway, to Kimmie.....I'll think of you and hope that your life turns around. I'm glad you have the intelligence and the perserverence to go forward and to look at life in a more positive way. Hang in there, gal. There's a bunch of people here who want to see you get where you're going.

Old 02-18-2007, 08:00 AM

8,956 posts, read 20,379,888 times
Well, there are so many "negative" things that go on in our society today, it is extremely hard to think or talk about them. Don't get us wrong, there are a lot (not sure "lot" is the right word) of "positive" things that go on today, but with crime at the level it is, so, so many families/marriages having problems, it is really sort of hard to even think about the "good" things that go on today. A couple of things that are "facts" for sure: If you don't want to hear about "negative" things........don't read the newspaper or watch the news on TV AND, as stated in another reply on this Thread......chose very carefully who you make friends with.
Negativity and Reality seem to go "hand-in-hand" and that is why I talk to people sometimes, I talk both positive and negative. That old saying, "if you haven't got anything nice to say about something/someone......don't say it" is a garbage statement to me. People can learn more about their "true" personality if they are told BOTH the positive and negative things about themselves. A lot of people don't like hearing the "negative" things about their personality, but NONE of us are perfect. I've had some people say to me, "that wasn't a nice thing to say about that person". I say, "well, I'm not going to lie about the person"!!

Old 02-18-2007, 08:57 AM

184 posts, read 1,212,507 times
Kimmiey-----

Love your well-written writing. Your messages are good.

We do appreciate you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness