Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 02:21 PM

745 posts, read 1,648,410 times

Advertisements

The bite on the finger shown in the picture looks like and ant bite. They usually bite with the front end and sting with the back end so you get 2 marks.

You all don't say, but do you spend a lot of time outside? And when?

There are tiny Noseeums that pack in a lot of venom with their bite and it raises up and itches like crazy. These critters usually are active by late afternoon. Altho if you disturb their home. where ever that may be you can get bit anytime. They can get on your clothes and you can bring them into the house with you.

For those with partners that don't get bit - maybe you are sweeter than they are. Your chemistry is affected by your diet which may attract the little biters. https://www.mosquitnoband.com/why-do...n-anyone-else/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2017, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,538 times
I'm havin the same problem none of these above please help it happens frequently but I've been rid of the biting for awhile an started up when I got home from work and changed as I was eating

Old 08-20-2017, 03:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,473 times
I'm having the same problem, both my parents are not getting bites in the same living quarters, but I just woke up with 7 more random bits/bumps bring me to 102 bites over the last 3weeks. My mother is deep cleaning the whole house and I am currently sleeping in the cleanest room in the house (+clothes), and still got bumps. They look like outdoor bug bites, but I have been working outside in pants, boots, and a sweater to avoid bits. I can feel bugs when they move on me including fleas, but I have never seen a bug or felt one bite me.
I wish you well, thank you for leading me your posts too.

Old 08-20-2017, 05:12 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajane View Post
I'm having the same problem, both my parents are not getting bites in the same living quarters, but I just woke up with 7 more random bits/bumps bring me to 102 bites over the last 3weeks. My mother is deep cleaning the whole house and I am currently sleeping in the cleanest room in the house (+clothes), and still got bumps. They look like outdoor bug bites, but I have been working outside in pants, boots, and a sweater to avoid bits. I can feel bugs when they move on me including fleas, but I have never seen a bug or felt one bite me.
I wish you well, thank you for leading me your posts too.
You might need to try a repellent spray while you work outside. I use Cutter brand Lemongrass and Eucalyptus it works great. There was an article on FB that CDC recommended it for folks who do not like DEET. http://www.cutterinsectrepellents.co...ucalyptus.aspx

I spray myself including my clothes...and a couple spritzes on my bulldog's back...we have west nile mosquitos in our area.

I also use Avon skin so soft bath oil in my shower as a shower wash......just dab it on... not too much I have also used it after my shower....just put dabs on my exposed skin.....it will keep mosquitos off, even while you sleep.

I've also tried vicks mentholatum chest rub....even that dollar store brand worked. Be careful not to get that in your eyes.

But again, I strongly suggest the lemongrass/eucalyptus spray or the avon skin so soft bath oil....used full strength and dabbed on.

Store your work clothes on a back porch, not in the house. There is an older link about spiders and bugs on this forum with tons of ideas....I'll add if I can find it. https://www.city-data.com/forum/house...ug-spider.html

Last edited by JanND; 08-20-2017 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: link

Old 07-13-2018, 07:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,164 times
July 2018, I am being invaded by some kind of bug. I believe it is in my skin. These things are tiny, black and have clear tails. I get bit and itch all over. Mostly my head I feel them crawling. My head, sholders, face, and feet have bad itching, I get straight line scratches on me with small broken lines that are fire red. I believe it's how they lay eggs. I have had some kind of larva in my hair that feels like worms constantly moving. I can feel something running through my hair. My hair fail out from shoulder length. I feel these bugs but never see them. I have had this for 17 months. My doctor thinks I am insane literally. I feel tiny sharp pokes on my body. My face has broken out really bad as well. Has anyone ever found anything. I tried giving these bugs to my doctor but was told they had no equipment to know what they are looking at....I am lost.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:30 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,142,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Confused in Milwaukee View Post
July 2018, I am being invaded by some kind of bug. I believe it is in my skin. These things are tiny, black and have clear tails. I get bit and itch all over. Mostly my head I feel them crawling. My head, sholders, face, and feet have bad itching, I get straight line scratches on me with small broken lines that are fire red. I believe it's how they lay eggs. I have had some kind of larva in my hair that feels like worms constantly moving. I can feel something running through my hair. My hair fail out from shoulder length. I feel these bugs but never see them. I have had this for 17 months. My doctor thinks I am insane literally. I feel tiny sharp pokes on my body. My face has broken out really bad as well. Has anyone ever found anything. I tried giving these bugs to my doctor but was told they had no equipment to know what they are looking at....I am lost.
Keep calling doctors, such as dermatologists, that have proper equipment to see what type of bug it is.

Try calling an infectious disease clinic or international disease or even the University biology department.

I am sorry for your problems.

Old 11-06-2020, 06:21 AM

1 posts, read 587 times
Hi, I'm curious because same thing is happening to me and noone else in the household!
What did it turn out to be, and how did you get rid of it?

Old 11-06-2020, 01:56 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,078,334 times
you both should be checking behind your headboard . I mean actually moving it out away from the wall and look for any signs of bugs and spray like the devil back there . a friend of mine had a brown recluse living back there and she killed it and took it to the er with her and they said yes she had been bitten by the spider . So just a thought check out your headboard .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness