Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 03:37 AM

585 posts, read 1,087,709 times

Advertisements

Sorry guys. (Based on 60 plus years of being bitten [or not] in various places worldwide.

Some bugs bite some people - others do not.

You can either get worked up about it or live with it.

A bug that bites you may (or may not) bite me. A bug which bites me may (or may not) bite you.

Learn to live with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 05:39 AM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obee kaybee View Post
These have got to be mites or fleas of some kind. I'm getting attacked bad right now. It's 0334am and I had to get up and spray Lysol all over where I sleep and on myself just to have a moment to myself. I am being bit from head to toe and it feels like flea bites. I will put off! On here in a sec to maybe get this infestation to leave me alone.

I have washed my sheets, vacuumed my mattress and surrounding area, bug bombed the house, stayed at a friends and turned off the heat so the house temp would get into the 20s at night, I've sprayed pronto plus all over the mattress and floor around the bad, shampooed with lice shampoo...soaked my head in listerine for an hour, and on another day oil for the whole night with a shower cap while I slept. To no avail of getting rid of this. I never see anything, no eggs, no bug, no feces. I have had pest control company come and take a look. Its not bed bugs or fleas or lice they say. Doc says its not scabbies. SO WHAT IS IT!!!

I'm reading that alcohol as direct contact kills mites, tea tree oil in shampoo, maybe off! and get a prescription lotion from doctor that kills mites. There may be an oral medication as well. Sigh. I've scrubbed my house top to bottom. I am at my wits end.
Stop taking hallucinogenic drugs. Your problems will all disappear.
Also, stop soaking your head in mouthwash, and stop laying on a bed that's wet from spraying toxic substances on it.
Lastly, you probably just have an allergy to something. That, or it's the hallucinogenic drugs. Or both

Old 04-19-2013, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 4,104 times
I was getting some itchy bumps that looked like little spider bites. I could not find a single insect. I never felt them bite me. After a lot of research, the only thing I could figure out is that I'd gotten scabies. I went to the doctor and she said I have hives, something I had never even thought of as I was so sure it was a bug bite.. She told me to buy some zyrtec which is for people with allergies. I've never had an allergy before. Anyway, I hope this itching goes away soon.

Old 03-02-2014, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,575 times
Default HappyFree

I am getting bitten at night in bed and in my house. First, I got bitten on my ankle, second, the front of my calf, third, two bits on my other upper arm, bit on the hand, and my forehead. I check my bed for bed bugs an flies. I have birds. The bites itch like crazy. I went to my doctor. He gave me a cream for the bits. I don't understand. I need advise from someone. I never experience this before. Will someone give me advise.

Thanks
HappyFree

Old 11-13-2014, 01:10 PM

1 posts, read 3,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANA DENNIS View Post
I have the same problem with something biting me and there are many more of us than we know. I have contacted the cdc and the nioh but do not contact a doctor because we are all nuts. We are doing this to ourselves they say.
Take head we need top band together these things are so amll they sting bite whatever you call it. I have had it for almost 2n years now and i do not know what to think.

They are very small you to use a lighted magnifier to see them. They are black and some are white. Something feels like sand and some are jelly like balls that are white.

The interesting thing is i had have friends that have worked on the sores and they have on occassion brought out a live larva everything else is dead.
I have 2 neices who are chemist with biology degrees and they can not figure it out.
If anyone wants to talk call
513-625-6119
i am having some success in beating this but i am really still siuffering.
Greetings,

Has the bites ever stopped. I have a new born baby and I am currently nursing, yet I am the only one in my house being bitten from my head to my lower back. Please help
Resident of Chicago

Old 11-14-2014, 11:45 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,889 times
Check your pillows and bedspreads under the linings and piping, and anywhere it's sewn together, that's where bed bugs hide. I couldn't figure out what was biting my face until one day a friend came in and showed me these little round black things hidden in the piping of the pillow all in a neat row....blew me away!

Old 11-18-2014, 05:01 AM

6,353 posts, read 11,594,235 times
Try Hot Shot kitchen bug killer and let us know if that works for you. Available at Lowe's.

It says botanical insecticides but still it's good to wear a mask and not hang around in the room after treatment.

Old 11-18-2014, 05:23 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Sounds like you guys might have bedbugs. Do a thorough inspection of your mattress and look for signs of blood, microscopic black crumbs (which would be their waste) and look for bedbugs embedded in one area especially around corners of mattress near where you sleep. I wish I could tell you good luck, but I've been there, those things suck.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 2,482 times
I am having a similar problem and is making me nuts. I traveled to Montana and came back with a ton of these bites on the trunk of my body, so I figured it was something up there. But I have been back nearly a month and I am still getting bites on me! They are not as plentiful or widespread as they were when I was in Montana, but still – I notice a couple new bites periodically, mostly on the trunk of my body. They are in clusters. I have given my mattress a thorough cleaning and spraying a couple of times now, and checked all around the bed and have not seen a thing. I hope to God they are not bedbugs, but I haven't seen squat. I keep thinking I must have brought something home from Montana with me, but I can't believe it has gone on for this long. I don't know what else to do.

Old 09-01-2015, 09:52 AM

3,874 posts, read 4,699,116 times
Kitty
It's way past time for you to see your dermatologist & get an answer & relief to your misery.
Seriously, that's why we have dermatologists so please do get help now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness