Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 05:12 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times

Advertisements

Perhaps it's more sinister than we think. Here's a short paper on the subject I wrote to a relative. It is religious in nature, so you may skip it if you like.

You do know, don't you, why dangerous drugs show up on the market? Back during Ronald Reagan's time, they changed the rules to allow drug companies to begin marketing their new drugs with only preliminary testing completed, while continuing the long term testing. All they have to prove to the FDA is that they're pretty sure they're safe and the selling begins. That's how things like Vioxx, Fen Fen and Redux got on the market and why people died from them. In effect, WE are the long term testing, the guinea pigs for big drug companies. The rules were changed because drug companies were spending too much money on testing and having to delay making a profit for too long.

Interestingly, in Rev 18, we find a prophecy about Babylon being destroyed. Some people believe that Babylon is the literal city in Iraq or a world government or even a world religion. In fact, it is not. The word Babylon there is a Greek word which means :"confusion," and it comes from a word which means "to confuse by mixing." It's root word is defined as "to mix, mingle, confuse, confound." Remember, Babylon the city got it's name because that's where the Tower of Babble was built and God confused them by mixing their languages.

In this passage from Revelations, the word is used in a more general term and indicates mass confusion brought on by mixing and mingling. Consider for a moment just WHY people are confused today and afflicted with confusion's traveling partners, fear and worry? The drive for globalism, in every sphere of our lives, economic, political, social, religious, is resulting in the mixing and mingling of people, societies, cultures, religions and just about everything else you can name. Everything is being homogenized, standardized and consolidated into fewer and fewer larger entities which contain more and more of what used to be individual activities. Nobody knows what's right or wrong any more. Nobody knows what's acceptable or where the boundries are. From national borders to religions to even tribal ethnicities, boundries are rapidly disappearing and people NEED those boundries. They have not yet accepted the new reality that things are not like they were, that those boundries within which we found comfort, security and safety are breaking down. Consequently, they are confused about it all and that confusion has led to an astonishing rise in the number of people who are taking some kind of mind or physically altering drugs, which is nothing more than medication for confusion and an assurance that all is well. Since they can't turn to the old boundries for assurance, they're turning to pills.

Here's the interesting part: Rev 18: 24 says this in part:
"....for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived."

Who's "merchants?" Babylon's, that's who. In other words, merchants of confusion. Sound familiar? I can name plenty of those, can't you, especially in the fields of politics and religion? But, it gets worse and much more significant.

The word translated there as "sorceries," is the Greek word "pharmakeia," (yes, it's the word from which we get pharmaceuticals) and it's defined as, "the use or the administering of drugs, poisoning." It comes from the word "pharmakeus"---- "one who prepares or uses magical remedies, sorcerer."

I don't think it's just a coincidence that half the world is on some kind of pill for something, do you? And, notice the last three words of that verse: "all nations deceived." That's the pay-off for the sorcerer's. Then, recall what Jesus said in His Olivet Prophesies in Matt 24:

vs 4: And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

vs 5: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

How important is it for us to not be deceived, to keep our minds and bodies clear? He says this later:

vs 24: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Now you know why I simply refuse to take most medications. In fact, my health care provider has given me something on the order of half a dozen prescriptions which I'm supposed to be taking daily, but I only actually take two; half a blood pressure pill and half a water pill. It seems prudent to do that, but the rest of them go into the trash. I do not tell them I'm not taking the rest for fear that they would, eventually, refuse to see me, which is a real possibility. After all, a new pill is the standard treatment for any ailment and, if a patient won't take them, there's no use in wasting the Doctor's time. Denial of serivice will be a real possibility for everyone under any form of government medicine. Most people won't mind, though, because they WANT that new pill. That's why big drug companies are fully behind health care reform. They'll get lots and lots of new customers and won't even have to advertise their drugs. It will be a boon for their sorceries. I'm not suggesting we don't need health care reform. We do, but just be aware of one of the unspoken side effects of it.

It seems to me that I'm among the few now who aren't confused (at least by my reckoning). Nearly everyone I know is heavily medicated for some reason or other and, interestingly, they consider ME as the one who is confused.

Honestly, I've become a follower of the idea expressed by a character in the movie, "Platoon." That character wouldn't join the rest of them in smoking dope. When asked why, he said, "It's simple. Free your mind; your ass will follow."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2009, 06:37 AM

805 posts, read 1,510,438 times
Buddha lived to 80. He died only because he ate an infected dish. Confucius lived up to his 70's. Both were born about the same time in 6th century BC.

They were both men (since men have shorter lifespans). Neither was on drugs!

There was a time when people did not take drugs. They ate food, drank water, and walked a lot. That's all.

If it saves your life, take that drug. Otherwise, it becomes a lifestyle. I take Calcium and Vitamin D tablets.

But a couple of yrs ago I had to go on steroid inhalers due to severe asthma from black mold in the house I was renting. The side effect of the steroid was that it severely compromising my immune system, which caused kidney infection.

I moved out of the moldy house into a drier climate, and it took 3 months to wean myself off the inhaler. After I did, I stopped catching colds. I was determined not to be a permanent asthmatic!

I know many people need to be on medication or they would either get sicker or die. But my body can't seem to handle the side effects. Because of osteoporosis I was put on Actonel (slows down bone breakdown). The first time I took it, it put me to sleep for 16 hours straight. I missed work and was weak all night and the next day. I woke up feeling like Rip Van Winkle. Never again.

Old 10-24-2009, 06:57 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post
Buddha lived to 80. He died only because he ate an infected dish. Confucius lived up to his 70's. Both were born about the same time in 6th century BC.

They were both men (since men have shorter lifespans). Neither was on drugs!

There was a time when people did not take drugs. They ate food, drank water, and walked a lot. That's all.

If it saves your life, take that drug. Otherwise, it becomes a lifestyle. I take Calcium and Vitamin D tablets.

But a couple of yrs ago I had to go on steroid inhalers due to severe asthma from black mold in the house I was renting. The side effect of the steroid was that it severely compromising my immune system, which caused kidney infection.

I moved out of the moldy house into a drier climate, and it took 3 months to wean myself off the inhaler. After I did, I stopped catching colds. I was determined not to be a permanent asthmatic!

I know many people need to be on medication or they would either get sicker or die. But my body can't seem to handle the side effects. Because of osteoporosis I was put on Actonel (slows down bone breakdown). The first time I took it, it put me to sleep for 16 hours straight. I missed work and was weak all night and the next day. I woke up feeling like Rip Van Winkle. Never again.

I, personally, don't take any drugs designed to prevent something from happening in the future. If I'm sick, I will, but not for something which hasn't happened yet.

In the first place, I'm of the opinion that it's smoke and mirrors to begin with because none of us really have dominion over our future anyhow. Assuming that we do is a mirage, a lie we tell ourselves, and when we begin to act upon that faulty assumption, we open ourselves up to every snake-oil salesman who comes down the pike with a "new and improved" remedy for things which have not yet occurred. When we take pills or supplements to ward off some imagined future evil, we're just playing the odds and, frankly, if I'm going to gamble, I like the odds on Harrah's slot machines much better.

Secondly, I don't see how going around all day with a mix of toxic chemicals in your blood can't help but damage your filtering organs, such as the kidneys and liver, not to mention affect your mind. The long-term use of a variety of drugs at the same time isn't what your body was designed for. It was designed to operate on clean water and good food, not artificial chemical compounds by the train load.

Additionally, our bodies are finite by design. We WILL die at some point and that's as natural a part of living as is birth. If you believe in a life after death, which most people do (including me), what possible difference can it make in eternity if we spent 90 years in this plane of existance instead of 60? After a million years of forever, I doubt we'll even remember this place, so why harm ourselves and make ourselves miserable by denying the use of things we like, only to gain the possibility of a few more years? It's just silly to me.

It seems to me that all this sweating and agonizing over "healthy living" is nothing more than an expression of a fear of death. Maybe I'm just different, but I'm not afraid of the Grim Reaper. I've met him before and he's not scary.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:03 AM

805 posts, read 1,510,438 times
Stillkit,

I agree with you. Ours is a finite existence. I too believe in the afterlife and know that any overly concerns of my physical body is simply due to the ego unwilling to part with it.

Old 10-24-2009, 07:11 AM

7,134 posts, read 12,675,471 times
For a long time I've felt I was responsible for my own health, not the pill industry or even my doctor. If I'm ill, first I do internet research for alternative treatments. I will try herbs and minerals and vitamins. Or a dietary change or addition. These usually do the trick, just maybe not as fast as Western pharma or over the counter pills.

For example, peppermint tea quiets my upset stomach better than an OTC medication. Several different teas help me quiet my restless mind so I can sleep--with no grogginess in the morning.

I also eat a mostly vegetarian, low-fat diet filled with beans and green leafy things. Exercise 5x a week. Get a yearly check-up and complete blood panel to see how I'm doing. Keep my weight within normal bounds for my height, give or take 5-10 pounds. Hey, I'm not perfect!

Only if I have a rampant infection or an acute sudden attack (bronchitis, pneumonia or such, which I've only had once) will I seek a Western doctor and take antibiotics (making sure to take them along with probiotics to offset the digestive problems that follow).

Many of our conditions are self-limiting and will clear up on their own in two weeks. Like the common cold. But we're an impatient people and don't want any inconvenience, want a quick fix now.

And like many of you, I hate all the TV ads pushing the drugs. What a crock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness