Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 09:25 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,280,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I live in the dry heat of AZ and the warm/hot weather is a welcome relief for my arthritis.
We moved from Tucson to Delaware last summer, and I really notice my arthritis a lot more here. Pressure changes, humidity changes, etc. all seem to aggravate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 11:01 AM

6,987 posts, read 21,921,886 times
I live by the ocean and the slight dampness does not bother my knees or elbows but will flairup the night before the next days overcast. My own little weather forcaster.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 5,584 times
Default as and warmer climates

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Littledog View Post
My 38 year old husband has Ankylosing Spondylitis, an autoimmune disease that causes arthritis. His condition is fairly well-controlled with medications although he feels more pain and stiffness in the winter months (we live in Milwaukee). He always feels much better when it is warm and humid. We have considered a move to the southeast to help his overall health. He also has never liked winter and now it's worse with his arthritis (he was diagnosed 2 years ago). Has anyone else with arthritis found relief after moving to a warmer climate?
I have as as well diagnosed at35 I'm now52 and live in Florida(warm weather helps)but storms can be harder then cold.its pressure from storms that are the killer.I love fl but am looking to less storm seasons maybe Hawaii?if u would like info on as just text me mines current an never burned out like some people exsperiance its terrible dies ease with little light T end of tunnel for ending constant pain without family to help love an support???? Keep moving as much as possible

Old 01-29-2014, 03:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,335 times
Default warmer/dryer

I have had AS for 36 years. Starting when I was 18 years old and still continuing today. I have traveled from Alaska to Mexico and throughout Europe and have noticed a significant difference when leaving my native Seattle weather and traveling to warmer dryer climates. The warmer humid climates have actually caused my AS to worsen. Traveling to Eastern Washington in Winter has also brought me relief as the colder dryer climate beats the cold wet weather of the Seattle area. The trip that really sticks out was the one I took during the late 80's from Seattle to Phoenix during November. I had been experiencing active inflammation around my rib cage and sternum that made sneezing from a cold very painful. I drove south from Seattle and by the time I was in Arizona I was still sneezing but experienced greatly diminished in my rib cage/sternum area and was amazed at how much better I felt all over. I am planning to move down South for at least part of the winter in the coming years.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,453 times
03/12/2017

I am a 56 year old man who has suffered for over 20 years. In the past I have suggested that there is an underlying health problem because of all the symptoms and issues that I have dealt with. I just got my Social Security Disability after a four year battle. My anthem is "No One Knows Your Pain" as it appears no one is listening. After deteriorating and disabling health has taken a horrible toll I still am "fighting the good fight of faith". I refuse to give up with a loving family and my Christian faith to keep me going.

For years I have noted and experienced that high desert climates and or areas with a stable barometric pressure bring me great relief. Climates with quick falling B.P., extreme cold and extreme humid heat cause me to experience torturous relentless pain.

I have not been diagnosed with A.S. or Rheumatoid Arthritis but have all of the signs and symptoms of A.S. Multiple surgeries, joint replacements, many other health issues and on and on have robbed me of a normal life. Now I am concerned for my children as well. With 9, yes 9 Physicians and still not one of them is a Rheumatologist. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma area and do not find one with experience with A.S. so, at this point I am willing to travel to see a very well versed and experienced A.S. Rheumatologist. Please, share the best physicians you have had experience with as I can no longer keep shrinking, stumbling, struggling and crying out from the wilderness...

Sincerely,

Bryan

Old 03-12-2017, 03:10 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,921,886 times
For what it is worth. A warmer non humid is your answer. After two knee surgeries the MD said I would know weather changes...how true. Family is nice but health conditions etc need to be a priority. Take it from me....at. 85 I' m an example.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:09 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
I have RA and live in Hawaii. Meh. I never noticed any difference when I travel to cold climates.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-26-2017, 11:14 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,657,325 times
My spouse has RA and have spent winters in FL Keys, and live in upstate NY. She has found the humidity in FL is worse than the cold climate. She is on Humira and the Humira nurse indicated many clients find the RA becomes painful when the climate changes, not necessarily hot or cold.

Old 03-26-2017, 11:31 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
My spouse has RA and have spent winters in FL Keys, and live in upstate NY. She has found the humidity in FL is worse than the cold climate. She is on Humira and the Humira nurse indicated many clients find the RA becomes painful when the climate changes, not necessarily hot or cold.
I used to love the heat here, and now I hate it. It is almost like something physical sitting on my shoulders. I can't figure out if it is menopause, RA or the FM. Either way, I'm glad we are moving in the future!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-14-2017, 10:14 PM

5,139 posts, read 8,846,073 times
These bones of mine are liking the heat more and more!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness