Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM

22,094 posts, read 13,106,304 times

Advertisements

When I heard someone coughing and sneezing near me on a recent trip, I knew I was destined to come down with it, too, and sure enough, here comes the scratchy throat and runny nose. I used to go years without ever getting sick, and now I seem to catch every cold that comes down the pike.

Ugh! (Just complaining...)
Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 06:48 AM

22,681 posts, read 24,677,688 times
One of the positives that I got out of the whole covid ordeal is that it confirmed to me that social-distancing, at least from my POV, seems to be a beneficial and logical thing to do. No, it is not a total block against sickness, but it is both a decent way to better your odds against catching some miserable sickness, and a convenient cover to stay the heck away from people, yay.

The last airborne-based-sickness I got outside of covid was in Walmart. i was in a long line at customer-service and some lady was very bleechily coughing and sneezing in my vicinity. Oh yes, a day or two later I came down with a fairly nasty case of something yucky, and it lasted 10 days to 2 weeks.

Old Today, 06:52 AM

22,094 posts, read 13,106,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
One of the positives that I got out of the whole covid ordeal is that it confirmed to me that social-distancing, at least from my POV, seems to be a beneficial and logical thing to do.

The last contact-sickness I got outside of covid was in Walmart. i was in a long line at customer-service and some lady was very bleechily coughing and sneezing in my vicinity. Oh yes, a day or two later I came down with a fairly nasty case of something yucky, and it lasted 10 days to 2 weeks.
Funny you should say that (and reach that conclusion); my thinking was that social distancing during Covid - and since, in retirement - has destroyed immune system due to the subsequent relatively lower exposure to other people and their germs. I know I got sick a lot less before, even though I know I encountered many more viruses in my day-to-day life.

Old Today, 12:51 PM

23,443 posts, read 19,085,388 times
Don't discount the inexorable effects of aging. We're all doing it. As for getting sick while on a trip, consider if you're like me, you ran around getting yourself, the house, pets or whatever ready to be left for a few days. You might start the trip off being extra tired, less sleep, maybe snatching quick meals or not eating perfectly. A good setup for succumbing to some virus picked up off surfaces or out of the air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness