Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2024, 02:00 PM

5,961 posts, read 4,223,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
It will change compared to sitting still. How much depends on the individual.

Think through the logic on what you guys are saying. The other user referenced research that says we should hold off on BP readings after exercise for thirty minutes. I pointed out that walking down a hallway shouldn't represent exercise, and if it does, there's a problem.

I didn't say anything about anything "excessive" or whether walking down a hallway elevates BP or HR. I said the point about waiting thirty minutes after exercise isn't relevant here because this isn't exercise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2024, 02:12 PM

5,961 posts, read 4,223,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Never mind.
I'm confused. You asked me what I considered excessive, but I'm talking about excercise. I didn't call anything excessive.

Old Today, 04:35 PM

3,097 posts, read 1,564,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
It will change compared to sitting still. How much depends on the individual.
and what they are walking to!

Old Today, 06:32 PM

2,173 posts, read 3,611,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Think through the logic on what you guys are saying. The other user referenced research that says we should hold off on BP readings after exercise for thirty minutes. I pointed out that walking down a hallway shouldn't represent exercise, and if it does, there's a problem.

I didn't say anything about anything "excessive" or whether walking down a hallway elevates BP or HR. I said the point about waiting thirty minutes after exercise isn't relevant here because this isn't exercise.
"Exercise is physical activity that enhances or maintains fitness and overall health." from some online dictionary." Walking is good for you. It often is recommended to take a certain number of steps per day. I would saying walking IS exercise. Unless you just had a knee replacement it is about as minimal as exercise can be but it IS exercise. Relative to going everywhere in an electric scooter it IS exercise.

Old Today, 07:31 PM

33,577 posts, read 37,212,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
One's heartrate shouldn't spike to exercise levels just from walking down a hallway after sitting in a waiting room.
It absolutely does increase though. My bp increases even by putting the bp cuff on. I wait five minutes after putting it on to take a reading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness