Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 02:55 PM

1,633 posts, read 1,720,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Late night eating is what causes most people to gain weight. But here’s the kind of ironic thing about it. If you go to bed hungry, usually you won’t wake up hungry. If you eat a huge meal before you go to sleep, you’ll wake up starving. Your stomach stretches out and you’ll feel hungry if you eat a big meal before sleep the next morning.
If I go to bed hungry, it's hard to fall asleep, I wake up early and am hungry - my stomach is empty.

If I eat too much lunch, I'm not hungry at dinner time, but am hungry before bed time, and then it's too late to eat. If I eat before going to bed, I wake up not hungry and it throws off my eating cycle - i.e., I don't eat breakfast until I get hungry later in the morning.

I find what works best for me is to eat a light breakfast at 8 am, a light lunch at noon, and a full meal for dinner around 5-6 pm. I go to bed around 10 pm and get up around 6 am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 06:45 PM

35,128 posts, read 17,087,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Maybe your wife would want to join your kingly breakfast? And become a Queen of the morning meal? Could be fun to switch things up...
Are you kidding? The epitaph on my wife's tomb, planned for 30 years hence, is "L didn't like to get up in the morning; now she won't have to."

Old 04-22-2024, 08:01 PM

61,857 posts, read 87,314,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Wondering if anyone follows the suggestion of breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince--and dinner like a pauper?

Just saw Dr. Michael Greger post about a study that demonstrated we burn more calories eating this way--even if the foods eaten are the same caloric number and just the order of eating them is changed.

Sounds interesting...

I wonder if you get hungry if you eat a light dinner--like soup & a salad?

Love to hear your take on this and if you've tried this!
That's the way I eat. Always a big, nutritious breakfast around 9AM or so, then good size lunch at about 2PM (little later than most people eat their due to the size of breakfast), then light dinner at 6-7 PM.
NO snacks between meals other than piece of fruit, maybe a small biscuit with my 4 PM tea.
I still have the same weight I had in HS
and maintain European size 38 - their sizes are more stable (in the US it's a wild guess)

I think that no snacking in between meals is the most important part of keeping a healthy weight.

Old 04-23-2024, 05:05 AM

147 posts, read 49,842 times
Like another poster said - it's not practical to eat a large breakfast and then go to work.

I've recently lost weight by eating cereal or oatmeal for breakfast six days a week with my big breakfast being on Sunday. I skip lunch on Sunday.

Monday through Friday I eat very light in work, then have a balanced supper starting at 6.

Old 04-23-2024, 12:23 PM

7,182 posts, read 4,576,439 times
I eat a light breakfast, big lunch and then a piece of string cheese at night. This works for me because I am not hungry at night.

Old 04-23-2024, 12:32 PM

11,083 posts, read 6,667,691 times
We have brunch at noon or 1:00 (no breakfast; we sleep late) then dinner at 9 pm, after ingesting an mj brownie at 8 pm. Timing is critical, lol.

Brunch is often fruit, nuts and yogurt. I do dinner prep (all from scratch, so it takes a while) at about 4 pm, then just reheat it when it's time, since we're well into TV and cocktails by then.

I'm kind of amazed that grown adults are still eating dry cereal for breakfast. And orange juice. Processed junk and sugar. We should know better by now.

Then again, alcohol has sugar. I guess we pick our poison, lol.

Old 04-23-2024, 02:34 PM

10,785 posts, read 5,702,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
We have brunch at noon or 1:00 (no breakfast; we sleep late) then dinner at 9 pm, after ingesting an mj brownie at 8 pm. Timing is critical, lol.
Is MJ legalized in Ecuador, or do you have to operate on the down low?

Quote:
Brunch is often fruit, nuts and yogurt. I do dinner prep (all from scratch, so it takes a while) at about 4 pm, then just reheat it when it's time, since we're well into TV and cocktails by then.

I'm kind of amazed that grown adults are still eating dry cereal for breakfast. And orange juice. Processed junk and sugar. We should know better by now.

Might want to rethink alcohol. Spirits and beer typically have zero sugar, and there’s only trace amounts in red wine. It’s the mixers that have the sugar, not the alcohol. Eliminate the mixers, and eliminate almost all of the sugar.

Old 04-23-2024, 03:37 PM

147 posts, read 49,842 times
Quote:

What's wrong with Wheaties and Cheerios?

Old 04-23-2024, 06:46 PM

22,284 posts, read 19,267,501 times
Quote:
We have brunch at noon or 1:00 (no breakfast; we sleep late) then dinner at 9 pm, after ingesting an mj brownie at 8 pm. Timing is critical, lol. Brunch is often fruit, nuts and yogurt. I do dinner prep (all from scratch, so it takes a while) at about 4 pm, then just reheat it when it's time, since we're well into TV and cocktails by then. I'm kind of amazed that grown adults are still eating dry cereal for breakfast. And orange juice. Processed junk and sugar. We should know better by now. Then again, alcohol has sugar. I guess we pick our poison, lol.
so post above someone who daily consumes booze and marijuana, is looking down on "grown adults" who eat cereal and orange juice. and in the Health and Wellness thread. In my view the grown ups in the room are the ones who are not marinating in recreational drugs, booze, pot.

Old 04-24-2024, 08:34 AM

10,915 posts, read 7,420,904 times
Eat when you're hungry, not on some arbitrary schedule.

Some people don't feel hungry in the morning; they shouldn't force themselves to eat a big breakfast.

Eating two meals a day is probably better than three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness