Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 01:26 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,121,110 times

Advertisements

For most of the time since 1985 we use military clinics/hospitals and the old joke "hurry up and wait" has been mostly true. There have been times that the wait has been measured in hours, so we try to get the first appointment of the day.

Surgical appointments are usually delayed since things obviously come up with surgical appointments.

It is nice that smartphones help make the wait easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 01:31 PM

8,408 posts, read 7,402,622 times
Sometimes the doctor is called away on a medical emergency. Sometimes the doctor gets bogged down when the patients who have appointments before you take longer than expected.

Yes, doctors' offices do overbook, but the best way to avoid the long waits is to ask for an early AM appointment. That way there's no backlog built up.

Old 04-12-2024, 05:36 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,299,568 times
I refuse to wait at a doctor's office more than 30 minutes, especially if it's a recurring problem with that particular doctor.

Old 04-12-2024, 05:39 PM

4,934 posts, read 3,309,602 times
Is very long waiting times here so I take a book to read.

Old 04-13-2024, 05:14 AM

11,767 posts, read 5,781,921 times
I worked for a large group of doctors - most were on time and only ran late if we had a difficult patient or emergency - but I had 1 doctor that was always late and had little consideration for his staff or his patients. He was good at what he did though and he never lacked patients. We'd be making excuses for him all the time - which were lies as he was late due to stopping for lunch or going to his own dentist appt. or sitting in his office talking to one of the pharmaceutical or equipment reps.
then he'd sit and shoot the sh*t with certain patients.

People knew to bring a book and expect to be there a couple of hours. I'd be getting out of the office at 9 pm and there were still patients to be seen but none needed x-rays. When I worked walk in clinic at the University - the doctors who did walk in were coming from the large trauma hospital in the city and we'd be there until 10-11 pm even though we closed the doors at 7 pm. The doctors may not arrive until 5 pm or after even though walk in started at 4 pm.

I hate waiting for doctors but sometimes there are legitimate reasons they are delayed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness