Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2024, 06:15 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times

Advertisements

Doesn’t happen often. Happened this morning. Wake not quite feeling right, but not bad. Had my usual morning coffee followed by a small bowl of cereal. Began feeling worse as I was eating the cereal and became nauseous. Had to sit down to help settle stomach. Move around, like doing dishes, and the feeling comes back again. Ended up calling in sick. At work I put about 3 to 6 miles of walking depending on how busy is my shift, has this ever happened to you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2024, 02:08 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Doesn’t happen often. Happened this morning. Wake not quite feeling right, but not bad. Had my usual morning coffee followed by a small bowl of cereal. Began feeling worse as I was eating the cereal and became nauseous. Had to sit down to help settle stomach. Move around, like doing dishes, and the feeling comes back again. Ended up calling in sick. At work I put about 3 to 6 miles of walking depending on how busy is my shift, has this ever happened to you?
The bolded is much too vague to comment on.

If by "not feeling quite right" you meant your stomach/GI tract wasn't at peace with the world, possibly the last thing it would welcome was an acidic cup of coffee! Choose something less irritating for the morning's first beverage.

IME once in a while a particularly long overnight fast could result in very mild nausea first thing the next morning due to dehydration and/or low blood sugar (note: I am not diabetic). If I rehydrate (water, milk, fruit juice, sports drink) and eat a modest meal of easily digestible carbs and let that get to work that solves the problem. Some experimentation on your part might help you figure out how to avoid this in future.

If hydration or blood sugar wasn't the problem, a simple dose of Pepto might have been enough to settle things down. I would have given that a try, re-evaluate, then decide whether to show up for work.

Sometimes, just the idea of what might be waiting for me at work was enough to make me feel "off" some mornings too

Old 04-11-2024, 02:15 PM

13,059 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Food rich in gluten will make me off, Not so much as being sick but off a couple of gears.
Currently in Europe, France, Spain, and Italy are rich in gluten.

Old 04-11-2024, 05:03 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Have I ever had an upset stomach? Yes.

Have I ever felt not 100%? Yes.

Normally, neither of those would have caused me to call in sick.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-12-2024, 07:41 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times
"Doesn't happen often" indicates "it happens enough that I recognize it when it does happen."

So that begs the question - what did your doctor say about it, after you told him during your last yearly physical/wellness check?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness