Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2024, 02:35 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times

Advertisements

It is a beautiful spring day here. I was walking past a fast food restaurant and noticed a long line of cars at the drive in window.

They could not even get out of their cars to walk into the restaurant to order on a warm sunny day!!!!

They should be glad to have an excuse to get out of the damn car and stand up. People used to feel they had to "stretch their legs" after sitting too long. Well obviously people don't feel that way now.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????

I was, by the way, walking to the shopping center like I always do.

Old 04-09-2024, 04:15 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
It is a beautiful spring day here. I was walking past a fast food restaurant and noticed a long line of cars at the drive in window.

They could not even get out of their cars to walk into the restaurant to order on a warm sunny day!!!!

They should be glad to have an excuse to get out of the damn car and stand up. People used to feel they had to "stretch their legs" after sitting too long. Well obviously people don't feel that way now.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????

I was, by the way, walking to the shopping center like I always do.
Judgy much?

As for your parting remark, virtue signaling isn't very attractive either OP.

Old 04-09-2024, 04:26 PM

462 posts, read 284,518 times
I miss the days when sitting in your car and being served by a car hop was an event, not just a meal.

Old 04-09-2024, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Judgy much?

As for your parting remark, virtue signaling isn't very attractive either OP.
So I guess you probably drive through. In the midst of an obesity epidemic, I think we need more judging, not less.

Old 04-09-2024, 05:14 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,401,997 times
Quote:
So I guess you probably drive through. In the midst of an obesity epidemic, I think we need more judging, not less.
But exactly how does the obesity epidemic affect you? I couldn't care less about how many obese people there are... It doesn't make any difference in my life..

Old 04-09-2024, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgordeeva View Post
But exactly how does the obesity epidemic affect you? I couldn't care less about how many obese people there are... It doesn't make any difference in my life..
Ok, care only about yourself, not the society, not the terrible suffering and great expense. Don't try to set a good example, don't advocate for better health education. Just sit in your car and keep getting fatter. That is fine.

Old 04-09-2024, 05:21 PM

24,471 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Ok, care only about yourself, not the society, not the terrible suffering and great expense. Don't try to set a good example, don't advocate for better health education. Just sit in your car and keep getting fatter. That is fine.
No good sales the shopping mall?

Old 04-09-2024, 05:45 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times
Quote:
IWHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE????
There are still many who avoid unnecessary confined group contact due to escalating rates of varying infections.

Some are multi-tasking where it makes more sense to use the wait in line time to continue the task.

Disabled people may use the drive through more than the struggle of going inside.

Other just finished shopping and have visible goods in their vehicle where leaving it in the vehicle isn't the smartest thing to do.

At times, someone may be picking up a workplace order that consist of several people's meals. It's easier to accept and store away the items while in the vehicle versus trying to juggle multiple bags and a couple trays of drinks.

Some places, it's known that the drive through is a faster more accurate way to order and receive versus the inside.

And can't forget that it's easier to stay in your vehicle while ordering fast food instead of having to be outside the vehicle just to see the disapproving glare of people walking by who have puny miserable lives that they find any reason to judge others.

Old 04-09-2024, 05:50 PM

37,095 posts, read 41,226,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
There are still many who avoid unnecessary confined group contact due to escalating rates of varying infections.

Some are multi-tasking where it makes more sense to use the wait in line time to continue the task.

Disabled people may use the drive through more than the struggle of going inside.

Other just finished shopping and have visible goods in their vehicle where leaving it in the vehicle isn't the smartest thing to do.

At times, someone may be picking up a workplace order that consist of several people's meals. It's easier to accept and store away the items while in the vehicle versus trying to juggle multiple bags and a couple trays of drinks.

Some places, it's known that the drive through is a faster more accurate way to order and receive versus the inside.

And can't forget that it's easier to stay in your vehicle while ordering fast food instead of having to be outside the vehicle just to see the disapproving glare of people walking by who have puny miserable lives that they find any reason to judge others.
Add:

Some are just tired and do not want to stand in line.

Others have kids with them and it is easier to stay in the car than wrangle them inside for a to go order.

Old 04-09-2024, 07:24 PM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
I went to a Sonic drive thru 2 nights ago. Had the chicken sandwich combo. I go to a drive thru maybe twice a year.

I had just spent the afternoon hiking in the mountains, had ridden my bike in the morning and rode it again that night. My physical therapy assistant said I don't have any fat to lose, but maybe she was just flirting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness