Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2024, 11:40 AM

5,827 posts, read 4,162,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
LOL! Lining up like cattle to receive their dosage of cheap, fattening fodder. Sounds like a feeding station for humans.

I often laugh when I drive by my local Taco Bell (there's only one, small town) and count 8-10 or more cars waiting in the drive-thru, spilling into the entry driveway and sometimes out along the shoulder of the highway. I've joked that they must be selling more than tacos (a la Los Pollos Hermanos in Breaking Bad) to attract so many people willing to wait in line.
Taco Bell's lines are long because even simple orders take 45 minutes to receive. Those 8-10 people you see had probably been there for an hour. It's amazing that those places are still in business.

Old 04-11-2024, 12:36 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
Taco Bell's lines are long because even simple orders take 45 minutes to receive. Those 8-10 people you see had probably been there for an hour. It's amazing that those places are still in business.
The Taco Bell near us never has a line, you can drive up and have no one in front. We once went inside and they had a huge shelving unit full of orders going out to the GrubHub and Doordash people. One reason we don't do those, that food would be cold by the time it gets picked up and delivered. Cold soggy tacos? No thanks.

Old 04-11-2024, 02:53 PM

5,144 posts, read 3,076,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
LOL! Lining up like cattle to receive their dosage of cheap, fattening fodder. Sounds like a feeding station for humans.

I often laugh when I drive by my local Taco Bell (there's only one, small town) and count 8-10 or more cars waiting in the drive-thru, spilling into the entry driveway and sometimes out along the shoulder of the highway. I've joked that they must be selling more than tacos (a la Los Pollos Hermanos in Breaking Bad) to attract so many people willing to wait in line.
The suffering multitudes in this national epidemic of constipation have finally found a cure: Taco Bell!

Old 04-11-2024, 04:06 PM

15,142 posts, read 27,760,706 times
I haven't been to a drive-thru (not in - is more yrs. than I can say - same as going into a fast food restaurant.

Old 04-11-2024, 08:42 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I haven't been to a drive-thru (not in - is more yrs. than I can say - same as going into a fast food restaurant.
Same here. And to me going to one of those places in the first place is the larger issue than whether people stay in their car or walk in.

Old 04-12-2024, 12:19 PM

10,887 posts, read 7,370,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I last did a drive through a couple of years ago-- because I'd spilled tea all down the front of my white blouse. That's the only time I remember using the drive through because it's usually faster to go inside. And I don't like to eat in the car, and take out gets cold before I get home.

We rarely go to the big chains anyway, prefer Mod Pizza or Pollo Loco. Local cafes are the best.

Fun observation: I noticed the other day that all the coffee places were on the eastbound side of the street, heading downtown toward work.
The burger and pizza and Mexican joints are all on the westbound side, to make it easy for folks headed home. Great business plan.

Old Today, 03:44 AM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
^^^ that's all is not even Health and Wellness related.
Time to close then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness