Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 09:52 AM

680 posts, read 716,810 times

Advertisements

Thr only solution for OPs gripe is to have the fast food drive thru cashier require people who come to the window do some sort of exercise before getting their food, Like force the customer to run around their car 3 times or do 20 jumping jacks before they are handed their food. lol. That will teach those fatties for using the drive thru!

Old 04-10-2024, 10:04 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,414,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teal View Post
Because people use the drive in vs. walking into restaurants this is why there is an obesity epidemic?

It's far more about the food at the restaurants than it is the means with which you pick up said fast food. You have a lot of baseless generalizations in your posts here.
This is an EXAMPLE of why there is an obesity epidemic. Physical laziness is as or more important than what you eat.

Old 04-10-2024, 10:09 AM

48,515 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
This is an EXAMPLE of why there is an obesity epidemic. Physical laziness is as or more important than what you eat.
Well, both are important, but what you put in your mouth is more important than exercise. One big Mac requires 45 minutes of cardio to negate it. That's a LOT of exercise for a part of one meal.

Plus, intense exercise makes me ravenous, and if I do not watch what fill that need with, I can wipe out my whole day's exercise, and some additional days as well.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-10-2024, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Well thank god you have solved this dilemma. Petition of do away with drive-through windows and weight problems will be solved!
Any excuse at all to be snotty. But I am sure you know what I mean, even though you never read most of my comments.

This is one example of how Americans would rather sit that stand up and move around. People used to go out for a walk to relax, now they go out for a drive.

They won't even get up to change the channel in their endless TV watching. Now they have a voice control to turn the lights on or off.

Park as close as you possibly can to the stores that don't have drive through.

ANYTHING AT ALL to avoid moving.

The worst thing you can do for health is to sit constantly. Why do you think so many are getting knee replacements.

And, of course, the epidemic of obesity and related diseases.

Mikala you are not concerned about any of this. Let Americans get sicker and sicker. The drug companies love it, as their profits continue to explode.

Now we have weight loss drugs, at $1,000 per month. You can be lazy and still get healthy. Never mind the awful side effects, and the unknown longterm dangers. At least you don't have to exercise, that's all that counts!

Old 04-10-2024, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Avoiding added sugars would be a good start. That means avoiding ultraprocessed foods, fast foods, etc., which many people just won't do. Americans are overfed and undernourished because the average person's diet is primarily ultraprocessed, nutritionally-deficient junk. It's known as the Western diet.

The latest I've seen is that 72% of Americans over the age of 20 are overweight or obese. They are the majority and I suspect they will continue to pretend the reason for this is a mystery. They are just protecting their interests, I guess.
Their doctor tells them it's genetic. They need diabetes meds and weight loss drugs.

Old 04-10-2024, 10:14 AM

Quote:
If one gets so little exercise that walking into a fast food restaurant constitutes exercise... a whole other problem.

I'll use the Starbucks or Walgreen's drive-through if it's available (or any other drive through), because it's convenient, but I get at a minimum, 30 minutes of heavy cardio daily, or more. I also park at the back of parking lots, not to get in more exercise, but because it is more convenient than battling cars trying to park right outside the store.
Getting out of the car and walking into a store or restaurant is NOT to get exercise or burn calories. It is to get up every so often and stretch your muscles. It is to be in a habit of moving, rather than always sitting.

The fact that so many won't do it is a sign of being out of touch with the body and how it feels.

Old 04-10-2024, 10:16 AM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
It is never simply because they are lazy and hate to move their muscles.

So can you explain WHY most Americans choose to never exercise and why about half are overweight and many are obese? Do you have a list of excuses for that also?

The drug industry is very happy that Americans eat fast food and hate to move. How could they sell so many drugs otherwise?
You have no influence on personal decisions and ranting because people decide not to do what you want them to do because you do it - ain't ging to happen.

Looking at some of your threads - you seem to be obsessed with other people's decisions.

Old 04-10-2024, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Well, both are important, but what you put in your mouth is more important than exercise. One big Mac requires 45 minutes of cardio to negate it. That's a LOT of exercise for a part of one meal.

Plus, intense exercise makes me ravenous, and if I do not watch what fill that need with, I can wipe out my whole day's exercise, and some additional days as well.
You have a very wrong idea about exercise and health. The main purpose is NOT to burn calories! Exercise regulates the metabolism and prevents metabolic syndrome, diabetes 2, heart disease, etc.

Some defective research showed that exercise won't help in losing weight. No, a small amount of exercise for a couple of months won't help. But everyone believed it. The drug industry wants you fat and sick so they promote this kind of fake research.

Old 04-10-2024, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep2 View Post
You have no influence on personal decisions and ranting because people decide not to do what you want them to do because you do it - ain't ging to happen.
Keep getting fatter and sicker, that's my advice to you.

Old 04-10-2024, 10:20 AM

24,474 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Their doctor tells them it's genetic. They need diabetes meds and weight loss drugs.
And you know this how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness