Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 02:17 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,650,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teal View Post
I only squat when it's biohazard in the restroom. Otherwise I always take TP and wipe it clean even if it looks clean. I'm not agile enough to sit in a squat position doing my business and then cleaning up.
You and me both. I wonder what the old creaky people who can no long squat, do in these kinds of countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2024, 02:26 PM

61,738 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Teal View Post
I only squat when it's biohazard in the restroom. Otherwise I always take TP and wipe it clean even if it looks clean. I'm not agile enough to sit in a squat position doing my business and then cleaning up.
Please elaborate: what are you cleaning, exactly, when it looks clean?

Old 04-08-2024, 02:35 PM

317 posts, read 197,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
You and me both. I wonder what the old creaky people who can no long squat, do in these kinds of countries.
Well, they've been squatting all of their lives so it's no where near as difficult for them as what we westerners would experience. While we spend a good portion of our awake time siting in chairs and sofas they've been squatting so they maintain a normal flexibility that most of us have never obtained. I suppose if their bodies can no longer assume the most natural position for them they may be ready for the bed pan.

Old 04-08-2024, 04:16 PM

14,318 posts, read 11,714,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurntCoffey View Post
Well, they've been squatting all of their lives so it's no where near as difficult for them as what we westerners would experience. While we spend a good portion of our awake time siting in chairs and sofas they've been squatting so they maintain a normal flexibility that most of us have never obtained. I suppose if their bodies can no longer assume the most natural position for them they may be ready for the bed pan.
This is correct.

Old 04-10-2024, 01:33 AM

6,956 posts, read 6,880,495 times
Then there is the female funnel-thing which allows them to stand up with the men. Seriously...look it up, it could save someone some toilet grief.

Old 04-10-2024, 01:44 AM

61,738 posts, read 87,172,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
Then there is the female funnel-thing which allows them to stand up with the men. Seriously...look it up, it could save someone some toilet grief.
It takes a little bit of practice, but it's not difficult for a woman to do it standing up, even without the funnel.
Look it up - explained on WikiHow and other sources. A very useful skill that can come handy in some situations.

Old 04-10-2024, 09:30 AM

5,842 posts, read 4,179,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Much of the world squats over a hole in the floor and then rinses off with a spray nozzle. Squatting isn't an issue, and actually puts the body in an optimal position for elimination.
Yes, this is true, and I did this every single day for several months when I did an internship in India. But their "toilets" are ground-level. Squatting on a US toilet would effectively mean doing a wall squat with no wall.

Old 04-13-2024, 02:32 PM

74 posts, read 17,556 times
If public toilets bother you I would suggest having a plastic cup like you get at the fast food place and pee in that. Juust hold it up close around your private area and it works fine.

Old Today, 08:53 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
They are probably using the Bumper Dumper............

https://www.google.com/search?q=bump...client=gws-wiz

Good for camping too.

Old Today, 01:49 PM

30,442 posts, read 21,280,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Please elaborate: what are you cleaning, exactly, when it looks clean?
I don't sit when i clean. I just take a wet rag tag and use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness