Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 08:57 PM

578 posts, read 303,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in Austin View Post
I am 78 years old. You don't need special lenses to be able to throw away your glasses. My eye doctor told me I would not be happy with the near/close lenses. So I got a lens for my left eye for close up and a lens for the right eye for distance. There should be no extra cost for this with medicare. I am not wearing glasses as I type this. The text on my laptop is perfectly sharp. I am also more than fine to drive without glasses. Interestingly as worthless as the left eye is for distance vision with the right eye closed, it still contributes to distance vision somewhat. Similarly the right eye worthless on its own for close up contributes to what the left eye does up close.

I have bifocals but they are to get the ultimate last few percent of my vision potential and I could function quite reasonably without them. I went a step further with the bifocals with one side "reading" optimized for super close, the other side for 2-3 feet away like instrument cluster on my car.

I have no idea why everybody does not use this option.
I’ve only heard adjusting to the different eye function, ie distance viewing, is hard for someone y age. My wife did it for years with contacts so he recommended this option and we opted for a little more expensive distance lens than Medicare would pay for 10 yrs or so ago.

Old 04-12-2024, 03:46 AM

11,794 posts, read 8,008,183 times
I had cataracts when I was only 12 years old in both eyes. Had to have my lenses surgically removed and replaced. I was too young to comprehend the importance of lense selection, so they made my left eye near sighted and right eye far sighted. Without glasses I'm not 20/20 but can see mostly well however prefer not to drive without glasses. With glasses I have 20/20 vision.

Old 04-20-2024, 08:59 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,402,902 times
Op, I had cataract removal, lens replacement and a stignatism fixed about 1 1/2 years ago. ( both eyes) I could not see well enough to drive safely with glasses at night before surgery. I have 20/20 in both eyes now. I did pay $2500 extra per eye for premium lens. I let my doctor pick the lens. I drive a lot and now a lot at night. Medicare paid all but the $5k. I do not have any halos while night driving and do not use glasses for up close or distance. Highly recommend the procedure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness