Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 07:20 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times

Advertisements

I have always had some thread veins on my face.. but now they seem to be more pronounces around the top of my nose ..It could be my skin thinning with age Im in my late 70s... I have a gel from my doctor that Ive started using today called Rozak and wondered it this gel really works..or does someone know of a better cure.... I did have laser treatment done on them 20 years ago.. it worked but didnt take them away altogether after four sessions.. I was a bit disappointed to be honest.. but wonder if I have to consider this again...if my doctor will refer me for treatment...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2024, 10:39 AM

5,703 posts, read 4,276,476 times
i have mostly used Metronidazole gel and once when that didn't seem to be working, a creme with azaleic acid. That worked but it burned at first. Mostly I use nothing, and avoid alcohol. Mine is pretty mild

Old 03-23-2024, 02:09 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
i have mostly used Metronidazole gel and once when that didn't seem to be working, a creme with azaleic acid. That worked but it burned at first. Mostly I use nothing, and avoid alcohol. Mine is pretty mild
Rozex gel is a trade name just like Metrogel. Same active ingredient metronidazole at the same concentration (0.75%). It's a pretty standard treatment for rosacea.

I have rosacea, diagnosed in its early stages decades ago. I've been using Metrogel ever since. It hasn't progressed; no redness, papules, spider veins, nothing. I don't need to use the gel nearly as often to maintain control.

Be careful OP, rosacea is very common, incurable, so there are many, many quack cures around. It will take some time to reduce your symptoms. Don't expect instant improvement. Ask your dermatologist who can see you in person if it will actually reverse or shrink the damaged veins themselves or mostly keep the existing ones from getting worse.

Here's a description of this medication:

https://www.theindependentpharmacy.c.../what-is-rozex

Of course, the prescription you were given should include an insert that provides much of the same information.

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-23-2024 at 03:00 PM..

Old 03-23-2024, 07:19 PM

3,604 posts, read 1,655,075 times
Quote:
I used this creme for some time with no real results...did the laser thing once...same thing. Still have a half bottle of creme so may start that up again?

Old 03-24-2024, 09:22 AM

Quote:
thank you... but I have had these nearly all my life.. since young.. and wonder if it started with wearing heavy specatacles digging into my nose and cheek area.. as it can been seen in photos when Im about 11...I dont drink alcohol or eat spicy foods.. so is it my skin thinning with age thats making them more noticeable.... thank you for answering..

Old 03-24-2024, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
thank you... but I have had these nearly all my life.. since young.. and wonder if it started with wearing heavy specatacles digging into my nose and cheek area.. as it can been seen in photos when Im about 11...I dont drink alcohol or eat spicy foods.. so is it my skin thinning with age thats making them more noticeable.... thank you for answering..
According to what I read about it, spider veins on your face can be triggered by multiple things. They form due to accumulated damage to capillaries. The tendency is also hereditary. 90% of people who develop spider veins have family histories. They can be caused by UV exposure/sun damage, especially on the face, so if you did a lot of tanning in younger years... Also repeated bouts of intense coughing, sneezing, or vomiting can exert enough pressure on facial veins it can burst the capillaries, leading to spider veins. So, if you were often sick or had bad allergies as a kid...

Old 04-08-2024, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
According to what I read about it, spider veins on your face can be triggered by multiple things. They form due to accumulated damage to capillaries. The tendency is also hereditary. 90% of people who develop spider veins have family histories. They can be caused by UV exposure/sun damage, especially on the face, so if you did a lot of tanning in younger years... Also repeated bouts of intense coughing, sneezing, or vomiting can exert enough pressure on facial veins it can burst the capillaries, leading to spider veins. So, if you were often sick or had bad allergies as a kid...
Thank you.,, Ive had bad allergies since a teenager..and did sunbathe a lot years ago....Ive now seen the doctor who told me that the spider veins are not roscea.. and creams wont take them away.. He said Id need laser treatment.. but Ive been looking on line and there are other ways to get rid of them Im just not sure which one though.... sclerotherapy , has anyone tried this... I havent found out a price yet of each treatment.. but doc said it can get worse and I dont want this to happen..

Old 04-08-2024, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Thank you.,, Ive had bad allergies since a teenager..and did sunbathe a lot years ago....Ive now seen the doctor who told me that the spider veins are not roscea.. and creams wont take them away.. He said Id need laser treatment.. but Ive been looking on line and there are other ways to get rid of them Im just not sure which one though.... sclerotherapy , has anyone tried this... I havent found out a price yet of each treatment.. but doc said it can get worse and I dont want this to happen..
If you've been doing web research, assume you're read articles like this:

https://www.veindirectory.org/articl...r-vein-therapy

Every person is an individual with individual situations, personal health history and counterindications for one or the other. I would talk to more than one provider who can evaluate YOUR situation IN PERSON.

Old 04-12-2024, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
If you've been doing web research, assume you're read articles like this:

https://www.veindirectory.org/articl...r-vein-therapy

Every person is an individual with individual situations, personal health history and counterindications for one or the other. I would talk to more than one provider who can evaluate YOUR situation IN PERSON.
Had an appl with doctor he said sider veins cant be treated with creams or gels but need laser treatment.. ....I also read there are now new injections that can take them away..so Im looking into this...

Old 04-12-2024, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Had an appl with doctor he said sider veins cant be treated with creams or gels but need laser treatment.. ....I also read there are now new injections that can take them away..so Im looking into this...
Did you read the link? Neither of the therapies described/compared there are topicals. One is laser therapy the other is sclerotherapy which uses injections.

Last edited by Parnassia; 04-12-2024 at 02:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness