Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2024, 07:14 PM

3,234 posts, read 3,191,046 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have experience with the newest COVID booster?

I just got a text from Publix saying it’s time for my next one. I Googled and read that the CDC last month recommended a spring booster for those who are immune compromised or age 65 or older. I got my winter booster in October and as per the recommendations, I should wait at least 4 months to get this new one.

When I got the booster back in October, I was so lethargic for a day or so. I had no appetite. I’d like to know what to expect this go-round so if anyone has experiences please share!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2024, 09:54 PM

5,710 posts, read 4,282,644 times
I've never had any reaction to any Covid jab, but I had the Johnson & Johnson (2x) and Novavax jabs. Nothing.

Old 03-15-2024, 07:11 AM

3,234 posts, read 3,191,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I've never had any reaction to any Covid jab, but I had the Johnson & Johnson (2x) and Novavax jabs. Nothing.
Thanks! My worst reaction was to the first shot—I had the chills and lethargy for a day. Hopefully this booster won’t be too bad. I’ll know in April when I get it.

Old 03-16-2024, 02:20 PM

3,041 posts, read 7,932,941 times
Just hope none of you end up like me,got 2nd moderma shot !1/2021 and start of aching legs,now crippled in both legs,destroyed my femeral nerve in my groin and both legs,no cure,they tried opiate and hurt my memory.
My daughter is my driver and caregiver,fortunate to be 91 and was in good shape.

Old 03-16-2024, 07:52 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,013,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Does anyone have experience with the newest COVID booster?

I just got a text from Publix saying it’s time for my next one. I Googled and read that the CDC last month recommended a spring booster for those who are immune compromised or age 65 or older. I got my winter booster in October and as per the recommendations, I should wait at least 4 months to get this new one.

When I got the booster back in October, I was so lethargic for a day or so. I had no appetite. I’d like to know what to expect this go-round so if anyone has experiences please share!
Just for clarification purposes, this isn't a "new" booster; it's the same one as last fall. It is just that the CDC is recommending that those of us over 65 get an additional dose of it since protection can wane after a few months.

Old 03-16-2024, 08:28 PM

10,552 posts, read 7,747,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Just for clarification purposes, this isn't a "new" booster; it's the same one as last fall. It is just that the CDC is recommending that those of us over 65 get an additional dose of it since protection can wane after a few months.
Right, it's the XBB vaccine that became available last fall.

And for what it's worth, last week the CDC posted the following: "Hospitalizations and deaths due to COVID continue throughout the year, and rates are highest in those 65 and older. Each week, there are still about 20,000 new hospital admissions and 2,000 deaths due to COVID. And 95% of those hospitalized this past winter with COVID had not received a dose of the updated vaccine."

I haven't had one of these shots to date, or any for a couple years. No problems with the original series of 2 mRNA plus booster.

Old 03-23-2024, 10:13 AM

3,041 posts, read 7,932,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
Right, it's the XBB vaccine that became available last fall.

And for what it's worth, last week the CDC posted the following: "Hospitalizations and deaths due to COVID continue throughout the year, and rates are highest in those 65 and older. Each week, there are still about 20,000 new hospital admissions and 2,000 deaths due to COVID. And 95% of those hospitalized this past winter with COVID had not received a dose of the updated vaccine."

I haven't had one of these shots to date, or any for a couple years. No problems with the original series of 2 mRNA plus booster.
I and wife now deceased,from dementia,havelways taken flushotf.she got terigle reaction to swine flu.
Covid booster,mModerma # two got me crippled in Dec. 2021.no hopr for ach,nor balance'
opiate try affected mrmory,as said glad I am91.

Old 03-23-2024, 11:15 PM

188 posts, read 60,112 times
I am not sure what it isn’t recommended for 64 and younger. Maybe in the fall?

Does this booster include the new variant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness