Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2024, 08:54 PM

10,547 posts, read 7,739,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by considerforamoment View Post
You are wrong. Cannabis does not "raise your pulse."

The fact you keep referring to the product as "marijuana" shows your ignorance. That term is actually now considered a racist slur. Call it what it is: CANNABIS
Yes it does. You can call it what you want, I don't care. "Racist slur" LOL. That's a joke, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2024, 09:00 PM

10,547 posts, read 7,739,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guidoLaMoto View Post
Exercise raises your pulse. Should we all become couch potatoes?

Probably the worst part of smoking (tobacco or otherwise) is the damage done from inhaling the hot gas..
Obviously you know that an increased heart rate from drugs has no positive vascular effect, while it does from exercise.

Agree with second sentence. "Probably".

Old 03-03-2024, 09:10 PM

37,450 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
it is common sense that using pot in any way shape or form, is harmful.
period. full stop.

ask anyone who has lived with a user.
I have had cancer twice. Right now I am at the stage where I must get retested every year, to see if my cancer has returned yet. It would appear that the only thing I can do at this point to prevent cancer from returning is to get good sleep every night and lower my stress.

I swim laps at the YMCA 3x a week, and I am a medical user.

I use every night right before I go to bed. It helps me to get to sleep most of the time, and I sleep through the night.

Old 03-03-2024, 09:28 PM

21,533 posts, read 8,718,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Its worth exactly one anonymous anecdote.

Ingesting things can harm you too. Like I said, it hasn't been around long enough to know long-term effects.
That's why I said, "For what it's worth." It's a free country. You can believe me or not. As for long-term effects, I'm 75 years old. I probably won't live long enough to find out. But at least I'll die happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
consuming marijuana edibles certainly does, is not ideal for anyone with a compromised cardiovascular system.
Yes, THC does cause an increase in the heart rate. That's why people with cardiovascular issues should NOT use cannabis in any form. As I said before, it's not for everyone.

Old 03-04-2024, 07:20 AM

547 posts, read 326,792 times
Quote:

The fact you keep referring to the product as "marijuana" shows your ignorance. That term is actually now considered a racist slur. Call it what it is: CANNABIS

lmao! comedy gold

but seriously, what's wrong with racism? it's ubiquitous --- people root for their own kind. answer me this -- black boxer vs mexican boxer, both unknowns. how many blacks would root for the mexican? how many mexicans would root for the black? you and i both know the great majority would back their own, and would do so based on nothing but race

racism is natural, just like flocks of birds/schools of fish. fighting racism it is akin to fighting God, it's innate, part of the design

Last edited by cheka; 03-04-2024 at 08:02 AM..

Old 03-04-2024, 08:24 AM

5,706 posts, read 4,278,576 times
Quote:
I also use edibles with no ill effects. It's funny how cannabis deniers or whatever you would call them.....

Chewing an edible (or taking in other oral form) does not have harmful effects on the body.

What is being denied is that that they haven't been around long enough to have studies on their long term effects. It's obvious you didn't read the article I linked because you "know" they don't have harmful effects.

Old 03-04-2024, 08:36 AM

22,152 posts, read 19,203,648 times
if something is classified as a depressant, a stimulant, a hallucinogen then YES it has harmful effects.
pot falls in that category. all of the above.

Old 03-04-2024, 08:40 AM

22,152 posts, read 19,203,648 times
that users fail to recognize the harmful effects
demonstrates the harmful effects.

walk into any bar and ask "any alcoholics here?" or "anyone have a problem with alcohol here?" and the answer is a resounding "no way"

same for pot users. "any harmful effects using pot?" same resounding "no way"
however ask the people who live with them, who interact with them, who do NOT use pot, and you will hear a whole other story of the problems it causes.

Old 03-04-2024, 09:08 AM

2,178 posts, read 2,315,927 times
What are the problems experienced or noticed by those who live with pot users?

Old 03-04-2024, 09:24 AM

27,181 posts, read 43,867,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
couldn't agree with this more. i have worked in healthcare for decades. any nurse or health tech who works in an Emergency Department can report that unequivocally and undeniably yes pot results in health problems.

or talk to anyone who has lived with a pothead. they can tell you the same thing, that it adversely affects brain function, and results in cognitive impairment.
this sums it up, from someone who lived with and was married to a pothead, "I thought marijuana was harmless and natural, until I lived with someone who smoked it."
Yet no one else on this thread has conveniently not mentioned the pretty obvious aspect of mental incapacitation of regular pot smokers. The impairment is permanent if one has any experience with someone like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness