Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 06:59 PM

2,041 posts, read 990,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Then what are they, and why do the labels say vaccine?

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-p...ine-1891903774
You posted a link from a commercial stock photo site...stock photos are typically staged.

In the case of the COVID-19 pandemic...also staged.

Old 02-18-2024, 07:07 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
In the case of the COVID-19 pandemic...also staged.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:33 PM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
After months of knowing no one who got COVID, in the last few weeks, several friends/family members/neighbors have gotten it. Their symptoms have ranged from a mild cold or flu to my those of my nephew, 30, who said he couldn't get out of bed for 3 days. And he's a pretty strong person.

Old 02-21-2024, 01:50 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I had that same virus, KA, as we discussed at the time. It was the WORST. I think I may even have developed pneumonia (it was definitely a lower respiratory tract infection with wheezing and ronchi along with the ridiculous "messiness" of a head cold.

I'm also hearing about a ton of people who are barely sick with very mild symptoms or none at all testing positive for Covid, and they're all up to date on their boosters.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the shots themselves caused people to test positive?
It would be interesting. OMG, I coughed for WEEKS. Hope you are feeling much better!

Old 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
"Shot" is a lay term for injection.

The covid and flu vaccines are still vaccines, even if less effective than some others.
Call them what you will and I will call them what I will.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:02 PM

Quote:
The CDC has altered the language in the definition of vaccination on its website, including after the
development of COVID-19 vaccines
Even the AP agrees.

But in all fairness, the CDC has been between a rock and a hard place throughout the COVID days.

Old 02-21-2024, 02:05 PM

I personally know a woman who was "vaccinated" for the flu but got it anyway, and it progressed to pneumonia in her case. She was sick as a dog for weeks and weeks. I just spoke meanwhile with someone who is home with COVID, and they sounded absolutely fine. They were working from home. So who knows?

Old 02-21-2024, 03:05 PM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I personally know a woman who was "vaccinated" for the flu but got it anyway, and it progressed to pneumonia in her case. She was sick as a dog for weeks and weeks. I just spoke meanwhile with someone who is home with COVID, and they sounded absolutely fine. They were working from home. So who knows?
As we've seen posted elsewhere on CD, the definition of a vaccine is:

"A preparation that is used to stimulate the body's immune response against diseases." That's from the CDC.
Obviously, the amount of protection this "stimulation" provides is highly variable among the population, and also is subject to being undermined by the virus mutating.

It seems to me that the new Covid shot isn't working well at all for protecting against infection. My cousin reports from Seattle that several of her friends have been ill from Covid this fall, and all of them had the shot.

Both of my sisters also had the shot, only to get Covid while traveling to Seattle. Apparently the Emerald City has been a hotbed for it! Both sisters reported profound fatigue as the primary symptom, lasting about a week or so.

The current Omicron strain seems fairly mild in comparison to the OG and Delta variants. Those two killed and sickened a lot of people, while millions still suffer from long covid. Probably millions more would have become very sick or died without the Covid vaccines.

Old 02-21-2024, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
As we've seen posted elsewhere on CD, the definition of a vaccine is:

"A preparation that is used to stimulate the body's immune response against diseases." That's from the CDC.
Obviously, the amount of protection this "stimulation" provides is highly variable among the population, and also is subject to being undermined by the virus mutating.

It seems to me that the new Covid shot isn't working well at all for protecting against infection. My cousin reports from Seattle that several of her friends have been ill from Covid this fall, and all of them had the shot.

Both of my sisters also had the shot, only to get Covid while traveling to Seattle. Apparently the Emerald City has been a hotbed for it! Both sisters reported profound fatigue as the primary symptom, lasting about a week or so.

The current Omicron strain seems fairly mild in comparison to the OG and Delta variants. Those two killed and sickened a lot of people, while millions still suffer from long covid. Probably millions more would have become very sick or died without the Covid vaccines.
The only person I know personally who died of COVID had had five of those "vaccines" and caught it anyway. She died about a year ago. No thanks.

See my other response about the CDC changing the definition of a vaccine by the way. Which they did do, after COVID I might add. Even the AP agreed with me. However, I understand that they were between a rock and a hard place during COVID, and I don't blame them necessarily.

I had COVID, in spite of getting three shots. After the third shot, when I should have been immune, doggone it if I didn't get it. I hadn't taken the fourth or fifth shot because after the third one, I got a massive headache that I could not shake for FOUR DAYS. Also, my blood pressure went up considerably (it's back down now, well over a year later, was elevated for nearly a year though). So though the fourth shot was just being made available, I didn't get it (the fifth shot hadn't been released yet). I only got the first three because I was traveling so much, including out of the country. It just made things easier, or so I thought. Anyway, I still got COVID and it was a big, fat nothing. Other than getting to stay home for five days which was great. My fever was gone after a couple of days. You can say all you want that I got a mild case because I was "vaccinated" but I know unvaccinated people who also got mild cases. Don't you? Like I said, the only person I knew personally who died had had five COVID shots, which may be the most I've heard of. And she still got it, just a few weeks after receiving her fifth shot, and still died from it.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-21-2024 at 05:50 PM..

Old 02-21-2024, 07:09 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I personally know a woman who was "vaccinated" for the flu but got it anyway...
The flu "shot" never purported to be a vaccine, unlike the Covid potion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.