Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 07:34 AM

220 posts, read 116,092 times

Advertisements

For those that dislike the hot sunny areas that they live in, could they please share the general areas that they do live in and maybe have lived in in the past. ? It was be great, useful information for people thinking of relocating. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2024, 07:59 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,271,429 times
People in Arizona get angry when it's been 110+ degrees for a month straight. The sun is shining and it's miserable.

Old 01-25-2024, 10:01 AM

5,983 posts, read 3,724,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carminesnow View Post
I found this article to be interesting. You would think places like southern California, Arizona, Spain, Portugal, Bali, Thailand, etc. would be full of the 'happiest' people on earth with all that sun. But this is not the case after reading several articles on this topic. Interesting..

https://www.positran.eu/sunshine-of-...n%27s%20showed.
Living here in Florida with a LOT of sunshine definitely makes ME happier. This winter has been somewhat unusual in that we've a lot more cloudy days than usual. It's been slightly warmer this winter, but I would trade a few degrees of warmth for some more sunshine. I think the current weather is due to the La Nina or one of those things that affects the weather patterns for months at a time. Fortunately, it's only temporary.

Today is mostly SUNNY and WARM (about 80*). Going golfing in about an hour.

Old 01-25-2024, 11:01 AM

30,432 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
Living here in Florida with a LOT of sunshine definitely makes ME happier. This winter has been somewhat unusual in that we've a lot more cloudy days than usual. It's been slightly warmer this winter, but I would trade a few degrees of warmth for some more sunshine. I think the current weather is due to the La Nina or one of those things that affects the weather patterns for months at a time. Fortunately, it's only temporary.

Today is mostly SUNNY and WARM (about 80*). Going golfing in about an hour.
Been cooler this winter and more clouds than in 1977 when we had real winters bra. This is a El Nino and a dud bud with no rain like always. Been over 4 years since i had normal rain.

Old 01-25-2024, 11:17 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Sunshine? Nah, but having more money perhaps? :-D

Old 01-25-2024, 12:30 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Depression is a state of mind. One is inextricably intertwined with the other. Among other things, studies like these draw the connections between weather and one's state of mind/depression. BTW, depression involves a lot more than "happiness". That's an obnoxious outdated oversimplification.
So true. Some people are directly affected by weather and need to live in sunny areas, while others can be depressed living in a sunny area, money in their pocket, because we know that depression is not always brought on by or diminished by external factors or life situations.

Old 01-25-2024, 12:46 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
I grew up in grey, rainy Seattle...do not like that type of weather one bit.

Do I get insanely happy when it is nice and sunny, maybe sometimes. It is more about feeling kinda bleeechy when it seems like you are living in a dark, gloomy, drizzly cave for 9-months out of the year.

On a side note, Seattle had gorgeous summers when I grew up there.

Old 01-25-2024, 12:54 PM

23,291 posts, read 18,810,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartM1 View Post
For those that dislike the hot sunny areas that they live in, could they please share the general areas that they do live in and maybe have lived in in the past. ? It was be great, useful information for people thinking of relocating. Thanks!!!
Well, that's only slightly helpful because it's a personal opinion. As this thread suggests, one person's "miserably hot" weather could be the next person's "perfect weather". Data driven, factual climate information is available for just about every spot in the USA.

Old 01-25-2024, 05:46 PM

1,885 posts, read 1,002,075 times
Sun, yes. Heat, not so much! Consider that they are not necessarily the same. Elevation and coastal influence on climate can change the equation a bit.

Old 01-25-2024, 05:51 PM

8,270 posts, read 8,650,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sno0909 View Post
People in Arizona get angry when it's been 110+ degrees for a month straight. The sun is shining and it's miserable.
I would rather have 110 than 55.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness