Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2024, 11:02 PM

418 posts, read 818,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I had what they call a "chemical D & C" which basically means I was never put to sleep but I bled like a stuck pig very suddenly for several hours. It was not fun. But I guess it beat the alternative. And then I still had to have a complete hysterectomy. Please keep us posted!
Oh yikes! That sounds awful! My OBGYN says I will be knocked out for my procedure, thank goodness. But I understand from others that I can expect some pain afterwards, as well as potentially quite a bit of bleeding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2024, 04:47 AM

889 posts, read 775,164 times
I hope your consult goes well this week.

Old 02-20-2024, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimbro000 View Post
I hope your consult goes well this week.
Thanks so much…I hope it does too.

Old 02-27-2024, 09:41 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,261,768 times
So, OP, any news?

Old 02-28-2024, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So, OP, any news?

I met with the OBGYN who will be doing my D&C and hysteroscopy. What a nice guy! One of the nicest doctors I have ever met. I wish all doctors were like him. He reassured me that ovarian cancer doesn’t seem likely. He offered to order a blood marker test that could indicate cancer. I will likely do that. But since my meeting with him, I haven’t worried too much about cancer. I haven’t experienced bleeding in about 2 weeks either, knock on wood.

Even though the fear has subsided, I do still have some weird GI stuff, particularly the burping. I’ll hear a gurgle and then I’ll burp. I have days where I don’t feel hungry and can’t eat much. But I’m not going to get a CT scan. I’m not in pain. I am going to try to eat better and if I still don’t feel right when I have my annual physical in July, then I’ll ask for a referral or testing.

My procedure will be on April 2 (another sign the doc isn’t too worried about cancer…I think he’d try to rush things along rather than waiting for 1+ month to get the procedure done). So I’m hanging in there!

Old 02-29-2024, 04:39 AM

I’m so glad you liked the doctor. Not sure how old you are, but you might think about a colonoscopy. You could discuss with you PCP when you have your physical.

Old 02-29-2024, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skimbro000 View Post
I’m so glad you liked the doctor. Not sure how old you are, but you might think about a colonoscopy. You could discuss with you PCP when you have your physical.
I had one in 2020 so I have to get another one next year.

Old 02-29-2024, 04:51 PM

9,927 posts, read 7,826,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopycat View Post
I met with the OBGYN who will be doing my D&C and hysteroscopy. What a nice guy! One of the nicest doctors I have ever met. I wish all doctors were like him. He reassured me that ovarian cancer doesn’t seem likely. He offered to order a blood marker test that could indicate cancer. I will likely do that. But since my meeting with him, I haven’t worried too much about cancer. I haven’t experienced bleeding in about 2 weeks either, knock on wood.

Even though the fear has subsided, I do still have some weird GI stuff, particularly the burping. I’ll hear a gurgle and then I’ll burp. I have days where I don’t feel hungry and can’t eat much. But I’m not going to get a CT scan. I’m not in pain. I am going to try to eat better and if I still don’t feel right when I have my annual physical in July, then I’ll ask for a referral or testing.

My procedure will be on April 2 (another sign the doc isn’t too worried about cancer…I think he’d try to rush things along rather than waiting for 1+ month to get the procedure done). So I’m hanging in there!
I also had a D&C and hysteroscopy back in 2011 to fix excessive bleeding. Dr put me on a very low dose BC pill for a year. Never had another problem. I really liked my doctor too. Best of luck!

Old Today, 02:25 AM

Hi there, not sure whether anyone who read this post or reads it in the future might be interested in the outcome. I had the D&C and hysteroscopy. Piece of cake. They gave me anesthesia so I was out like a light. Procedure took about half an hour. As soon as I was coherent once again, I was allowed to go home. I was warned there would be cramps for a few days after, and spotting/bleeding for up to 10 days. Fortunately, I had maybe two incidents of cramping but was otherwise just fine. The spotting lasted 8 days. All went well.

During the follow up visit, the doc said he found two polyps, one close to the opening of the uterus and one much deeper in the uterus. The bleeding could have come from either, although the closer one was suspected. No presence of cancer found. More polyps can show up, but as of right now I am fine and have no gynecological cancers. The weird GI stuff, specifically increased burping, is still there but I’m not so worried about that anymore. I’ll ask my PCP about it during my next physical.

Thanks again to all who provided support and kind words on this thread. It was very helpful.

Old Today, 04:03 AM

I’m so glad everything went well, and you got such an excellent report.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness