Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 07:23 PM

417 posts, read 816,654 times

Advertisements

I’ve actually made an appointment with a different OBGYN for Monday. I don’t want to wait. Still having the bleeding, although it’s less than in previous incidents. I think my biggest concern is the lack of appetite. Very unlike me. Didn’t eat til 5:30 yesterday and wasn’t hungry when I ate. I ate at 2:30 today, was a little hungry, but six hours later and I’m full. I feel like I have to burp regularly, and I don’t know how to explain it but it feels like there’s so much food in me that it didn’t all fit in the stomach…like it’s sitting on top of the stomach. I can’t determine whether I’m bloated because I have belly fat. And while I have been having diarrhea the past couple days, that could be due to not eating as much (that has happened to me before when I’ve gone on a diet).

Could the loss of appetite be due to anxiety? Possibly. But I need to know for certain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2024, 08:03 AM

8,771 posts, read 5,059,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopycat View Post
I’ve actually made an appointment with a different OBGYN for Monday. I don’t want to wait. Still having the bleeding, although it’s less than in previous incidents. I think my biggest concern is the lack of appetite. Very unlike me. Didn’t eat til 5:30 yesterday and wasn’t hungry when I ate. I ate at 2:30 today, was a little hungry, but six hours later and I’m full. I feel like I have to burp regularly, and I don’t know how to explain it but it feels like there’s so much food in me that it didn’t all fit in the stomach…like it’s sitting on top of the stomach. I can’t determine whether I’m bloated because I have belly fat. And while I have been having diarrhea the past couple days, that could be due to not eating as much (that has happened to me before when I’ve gone on a diet).

Could the loss of appetite be due to anxiety? Possibly. But I need to know for certain.
Anxiety alone can cause the issues you are having. It`s a good thing you are going on Monday....it will relieve alot of your stress.

Old 01-26-2024, 08:24 AM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Do you drink coffee? If you usually drink coffee, maybe lay off until your doctor's appt. I know for me, coffee and anxiety can do a real number on an empty stomach.

Old 01-26-2024, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Do you drink coffee? If you usually drink coffee, maybe lay off until your doctor's appt. I know for me, coffee and anxiety can do a real number on an empty stomach.
I’m not a coffee drinker. But I appreciate the suggestion.

Old 01-26-2024, 01:28 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
How long have you been post-menopausal?

Old 01-26-2024, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
Anxiety alone can cause the issues you are having. It`s a good thing you are going on Monday....it will relieve alot of your stress.
I hope to God you’re right. Even if it’s the worst, at least I’ll know. I’m sitting here, unable to focus on work, thinking very dark thoughts.

Old 01-26-2024, 04:36 PM

23,310 posts, read 18,852,325 times
Quote:
I hope to God you’re right. Even if it’s the worst, at least I’ll know. I’m sitting here, unable to focus on work, thinking very dark thoughts.
And reading this thread isn't helping .

Old 01-26-2024, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
How long have you been post-menopausal?
About 12 years.

Old 01-26-2024, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
And reading this thread isn't helping .
Actually it is helping, it’s providing an outlet for me to release my emotions and to read encouraging messages.

Old 01-28-2024, 06:31 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Yes that’s what I had and the biopsy is no big deal and done in the doctor’s office. I had it done 3 different times over the course of a few years and each time was negative. Then it never happened again.

Back after we moved to this town in 2008, I was having issues with a bad pap, the biopsy hurt like heck for me, I'm usually not so sensitive about things like needles, in fact, I had gotten eight trigger point injections in my low back for about two or so years, but that vaginal biopsy was one of the most miserable procedures I've ever had. In fact, I don't understand why they do not give some sort of pain killer or numbing something or another like Dr Pimple Popper/ Doctor Sandra Lee gives people before she does a biopsy.

I also had the HPV test and a few biopsies done as routine, around 2010 they were done more often because my hub had an HPV tonsil cancer in August 2009. We pretty much knew I'd be infected with the HPV that caused his cancer. Men can't be tested for it so my gyno watched me.

There were husband and wives with oral/throat/ lung cancers caused by HPV from their other half who was fighting cancer. Getting the cancer diagnosis depended on the persons stress and health level.

Before diagnosis, my hub had fallen off the top deck of his car carrier while delivering in Pennsylvania a few hours from home. He thinks when he was getting into a car to drive it off the truck. Thankfully, his shoulder hit the trailer on the way down which broke his fall. His shoulder was fractured, so was his eye sockets and skull. A year later he had his shoulder fixed, then we noticed he had a swollen gland over his right carotid artery December 2008, my daughter went in for tonsils being removed during the time he started with the lump over the carotid. In July he and my daughter went to Tennessee from NJ, when he came back, the gland was the size of a golf ball. His dermatologist sent him for an ultrasound on his way home.

Quote:
Actually it is helping, it’s providing an outlet for me to release my emotions and to read encouraging messages.

I agree. I've been on City-Data a long time, back before there was a health section. It was made because a health section was needed by members who wanted to ask about symptoms while deciding whether to go to a doctors appointment. I wish people would not give negative feed-back such as "We're not a doctor," "You should not ask for medical info here, just go and see a doctor....."

Hopefully in the end you're fine or will be fine. No one, including the doctor, knows why your body was doing X,Y, Z until they check you out. Could be t was just a freak thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness