Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 11:17 AM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post

The notion that the vaccines would cause more people to be hospitalized for covid, or flu, is nonsense IMO.
It would seem like nonsense if you don't understand that mRNA vaccines are completely different from traditional vaccines. The mRNA vaccines can actually cause the immune system to tolerate the covid spike protein, which is the opposite of what was intended.

With traditional vaccines that would never happen. But with mRNA, the body's own cells create the protein antigen. Therefore, the immune system gets mixed signals, and eventually may learn that the spikes are ok and should not be destroyed.

I have seen a lot of research claiming that the vaccinated are more often hospitalized with covid than the unvaccinated. The medical authorities, on the other hand, say the opposite. There has not been enough quality research to decide, and there is so much bias towards publishing the research that makes the vaccines look good.

The mRNA vaccines were developed in a hurry, not adequately tested for safety, and without a deep understanding of how gene therapy differs from normal vaccine technology.

Old 01-07-2024, 11:28 AM

3,055 posts, read 2,032,631 times
I got a virus Dec 23 and it has lasted 2 weeks, no fever but 1 week of very bad respiratory illness, not quite as bad as Covid August 2022 but I know this one is highly contagious because I was fully up to date on every vax including RSV at the time I got it.

I looked up my state statistics and wow hospitalizations for "virus" jumped up dramatically in December and up even higher for 1st week January 2024.

Best result is my husband did not get my virus even though we both attended Christmas recital that was the likely infection site (not a single person coughed). He is also up to to date on all vax/rsv but did his a month earlier than I did.

Our younger family had virus before Christmas (21st), recovered and now husband has another virus, probably what I have/had. They also had all vax and self-tested and say theirs did not show up as Covid. I did not test myself because no fever made me think it wasn't Covid.

I can say this recent virus will take down less healthy, older people. Both I and younger guy who got it are very healthy people. Stay safe as you can, out of crowds, this one is definitely airborne.

Old 01-07-2024, 11:59 AM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
I see more and more people wearing mask, again.

Old 01-07-2024, 01:09 PM

1,135 posts, read 612,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Here the mask wearing has increased... but very very slightly.

By far most people are not wearing them here. My measurement is on public transit... out of 100 ppl, I would say an average of 5 people are wearing. More than in the Summer where it would be maybe 1.

I'm on the fence on masks now. I rather not wear them, but I am around seniors everyday so I am paranoid about getting Covid or flu.

I did however get the newest Pfzier booster. It's a no brainer when it comes to getting a vaccine that is free and will help you fight the virus if you get it.

Just like anything in life, you have to put your trust in the science.

You don't know for sure if that surgeon knows what he/she is doing, but you put your trust in the system that he is well educated and experienced enough to cut into you and make you better.

Old 01-07-2024, 01:29 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,776,049 times
I never stopped masking in public. Knock on wood, haven't come down w/anything in many, many years.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:22 PM

35,053 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
I never stopped masking in public. Knock on wood, haven't come down w/anything in many, many years.
People should do what makes them comfortable, or what people with them ask.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:25 PM

35,053 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
I was at a movie today at my synagogue. There were about six people masked out of about fifty present.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:46 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,419,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
Here the mask wearing has increased... but very very slightly.

By far most people are not wearing them here. My measurement is on public transit... out of 100 ppl, I would say an average of 5 people are wearing. More than in the Summer where it would be maybe 1.

I'm on the fence on masks now. I rather not wear them, but I am around seniors everyday so I am paranoid about getting Covid or flu.

I did however get the newest Pfzier booster. It's a no brainer when it comes to getting a vaccine that is free and will help you fight the virus if you get it.

Just like anything in life, you have to put your trust in the science.

You don't know for sure if that surgeon knows what he/she is doing, but you put your trust in the system that he is well educated and experienced enough to cut into you and make you better.
Everyone who calls it "the science" has no idea what science is. If Fauci or the CDC declared something, that doesn't make it science. Real scientists disagree and debate, but that was not allowed with the covid vaccines.

Most of the people who "trust the science" don't know what science is, and don't know how the covid mRNA vaccines work. Not knowing and not caring and trusting authorities is laziness. If you want to be lazy, or don't have the time or interest, that is fine, but don't call everyone who disagrees anti-science.

Old 01-07-2024, 08:33 PM

1,135 posts, read 612,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Everyone who calls it "the science" has no idea what science is. If Fauci or the CDC declared something, that doesn't make it science. Real scientists disagree and debate, but that was not allowed with the covid vaccines.

Most of the people who "trust the science" don't know what science is, and don't know how the covid mRNA vaccines work. Not knowing and not caring and trusting authorities is laziness. If you want to be lazy, or don't have the time or interest, that is fine, but don't call everyone who disagrees anti-science.
Okay you read a few articles on the interweb. I'm pretty certain Fauci has more cred that you or that dude that wrote the article.

The point is this - every major government body has endorsed the vaccine. The government does not "guess" on this science. it relies on all the LEADING scientific evidence. Fauci and his colleagues did not get to their position because of some silly conspiracy nonsense. If the smartest scientists who do it for a LIVING says it's the best solution, I will TRUST the science.

So unless you intend to enroll for 10 yrs of study in the science, I'm pretty sure I won't put too much credence in your intense "unlazy" study of the issue

Old 01-07-2024, 10:23 PM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Covid data tracker:

Maps, charts, and data provided by CDC, updates Mondays and Fridays by 8 p.m. ET

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...tatracker-home

So far there is no evidence that JN.1 causes more severe cases of COVID or poses any more of a risk to public health than other circulating variants.
While the new strain spreading in the U.S. is not necessarily more deadly, it does appear to be more contagious.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/jn...-variant-covid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness