Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 10:20 AM

547 posts, read 327,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
DanBev,age 90.was in reasonable good shape bowel movement until on Dec 21 Moderma booster shot crippled my legs,downhill since.
CANNOT get bowel to work properly or at all.Have tried everything,neighbor mentiong mineral oil now on secong day,morning,noon and night along with cologe with no effect..
My eyesight is blurry from some of prescribed meds which had an opiate in it which at the time I took for two weeks and quit and has not reversed,worse along wiith memory'very sad have had put home in trust to daughter and she and husband live with me becase I am crippled with very limited mobility.
I did have temporary help but could not afford it for long at $20 per hour.
Any help will be apprecia5ted.

covid and covid injections harm the gut bacteria -- esp the bifid family that inhabits the large intestine/colon. we've had great success with one capsule per day of bacillus coagulans (swanson brand). you also might consider other probiotics, whether foods or capsules.

two of my elderly neighbors started taking bacillus coagulans and their bm's returned to normal. one was habitually constipated, the other had persistent diarrhea. also helped other non elderly friends/family, if you go this route, be patient, it takes a few weeks to turn the gut around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2024, 03:31 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Like someone else said, I can't believe I'm posting this online but I go #2 twice a day, both times in the morning. So far everything seems normal! One big and one small. Sometimes I don't do the small one, but I make up for it with the larger one. Lord have mercy!

Old 01-09-2024, 04:56 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,645,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
covid and covid injections harm the gut bacteria -- esp the bifid family that inhabits the large intestine/colon. we've had great success with one capsule per day of bacillus coagulans (swanson brand). you also might consider other probiotics, whether foods or capsules.

two of my elderly neighbors started taking bacillus coagulans and their bm's returned to normal. one was habitually constipated, the other had persistent diarrhea. also helped other non elderly friends/family, if you go this route, be patient, it takes a few weeks to turn the gut around.
I agree probiotics help a lot. We ferment our own sauerkraut and man does that ever make a difference.

Old 01-10-2024, 10:51 AM

1,126 posts, read 609,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Like someone else said, I can't believe I'm posting this online but I go #2 twice a day, both times in the morning. So far everything seems normal! One big and one small. Sometimes I don't do the small one, but I make up for it with the larger one. Lord have mercy!
Ding ding ding ding ding.

Winner for the most detailed answer

Old 01-10-2024, 11:10 AM

735 posts, read 408,490 times
A minimum of twice a day. Yesterday I ate a sh1t ton of beans so I #2'ed 5 times

Old 01-10-2024, 05:13 PM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times
I am all over the board.

Old 01-11-2024, 09:11 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
Ding ding ding ding ding.

Winner for the most detailed answer
Haha. You should lurk on an Ozempic/Wegovy-related Facebook or Reddit group. Poop is the topic of choice, and I've learned more about it than I ever wanted or needed to know.

Old 01-13-2024, 06:06 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,937,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
How many times do you ummm...
I've always thought that being "regular" is a sign of good health (digestive anyways).
Yes; as noted. I bet you have a lot of other good basic wisdom too. It gets ingrained young if we're lucky.
Quote:
... is there a pattern if you are healthy VS unhealthy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheka View Post
regular bm's are CRITICAL ... abnormal BM schedule is red alert ...
All of a sudden (so to speak) these questions all have new meaning.

KETO. I did a hard burn throughout 2023 (~25% of start weight over 8 months).
The only deleterious effect(s) I've experienced have been in the wake of weaning back to my 'new normal' menu and daily regimen.
As evidenced by my rejoining the Y just prior, I'm ready now to actually do that work; the swim and circuits phase of this whole adventure ...

About midway through the period I had a colonoscopy which I'm blaming for gut bio changes that increased the inevitable keto dehydration constipation.
Annoying to be certain but really not more.

Note: If my witchey friends had only been able to man-splain what they were saying at that time...

In addition to that adventure there were two purge episodes. The first of these, at the start, was a simple stupid and self induced food poisoning.
I don't recommend it but it really was a great jump start.

The other episode, at the very end (last Friday), was related to common methods used to deal with lingering constipation. NBD.
In my case however, I had a bit of backfire of some nasty acid UP into the stomach. At eight days in though I believe it's all er, passed.

Last edited by MrRational; 01-13-2024 at 06:24 PM..

Old 01-14-2024, 05:08 AM

30,416 posts, read 21,228,470 times
Sometimes i blow up 3 times in a hour. And i also skip a day. Sometimes it is pudding and mush and other times more normal.

Old 01-14-2024, 01:10 PM

30,311 posts, read 51,921,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Sometimes i blow up 3 times in a hour. And i also skip a day. Sometimes it is pudding and mush and other times more normal.
Aaaaaaand now I'm never eating chocolate pudding again. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness