Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 08:44 PM

1,706 posts, read 1,157,537 times

Advertisements

You may have polyps. PLEASE see a doctor..................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2024, 08:54 PM

6,341 posts, read 4,915,002 times
Fellow allergy sufferer here. I've tried everything for sinus flare-ups. Anti-histamines don't work, decongestants don't work. After having no success with Flonase my doctor prescribed Budesonide nasal spray.

https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a601030.html

I used it as needed, usually a few days at a time for a sinus flare-up and it worked. I actually got relief. Occasional use was happening for a couple of years and then I had an MRI from the neck up due to an eye problem. The MRI report noted nasal polyps. I went back over previous MRI and found notes about polyps that I hadn't noticed.

I went to the ENT, got the camera up my nose, and saw pictures of grayish, slug-like growths in my sinus cavities. He recommended Budesonide. I told him I was already using it occasionally. OK, now use it twice a day, every day and come back in three months.

Next visit, polyps were receding and breathing through my nose was much easier. It's been about a year now and I'm rather pleased with the results.

Ask your ENT about Budesonide and get your sinuses checked for polyps.

Old 01-01-2024, 09:28 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,192,261 times
I had this problem too years ago in the 80's. Was told I had a deviated septum and he did surgery got a cyst out and then the headaches went away.

What I wish I knew then that I discovered later was my bed was right up against where the baseboard heater was right where my head was at the front of the bed. When I moved I noticed a big difference. The headaches went away but that surgery hurt like hell.

This could be from a new product you brought into your home. A lot of furniture, area rugs are made with glue and sometimes the glue is a little strong. You won't notice it right away.

Old 01-02-2024, 11:47 AM

7,159 posts, read 4,562,630 times
Allergy shots didn’t work for my sister as a child or me as an adult. Not having carpet and washing everything regularly helps but I have year round allergies and the spring and fall I feel like I have the flu. I developed asthma 20 years ago because of severe allergies.

Now I’m making excessive ear wax that needs to be removed every 2 months. I have an appointment with a ent the end of March because I can’t keep having my ears flushed as I don’t feel well afterwards.

Old 01-04-2024, 09:07 PM

4,167 posts, read 4,885,558 times
I used to have severe allergies and got sinus infections every year. Now I use nasal saline spray 2x per day and also take echinacea supplements which keeps everything under control. My ENT doctor says the saline spray can be safely used up to 3x per day.

Old 01-04-2024, 09:58 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,301,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
You may have polyps.

That occurred to me to but

Quote:
PLEASE see a doctor..................

They already said they saw an ENT in the first post of this thread, and that a CT scan was recommended. I don't think they ever said whether they got the CT scan...

Old 01-17-2024, 09:18 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,105,419 times
Great Feedback.

Thanks guys

Old 01-17-2024, 09:29 PM

Any of you all have any experience with Peppermint Oil? I hope it's safe to use as much as I do at times (AI said it's okay ) but usually if I rub oil on my sinus area it helps. I just normally get so busy that I forget to use it some days, or 99.9999% of the time I dont keep the bottle with me. I use it when I get home. I've got a feeling that if I keep it with me and apply it throughout the day, I would be fine but I dont know if that would cause other issues

Old 01-17-2024, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
That occurred to me to but

They already said they saw an ENT in the first post of this thread, and that a CT scan was recommended. I don't think they ever said whether they got the CT scan...
I got it, and was somewhat confused. He didnt appear to see anything that made him alarmed, which made me think it's nothing serious.

He said he saw "a little inflammation" and I have aslightly deviated septum (actually he mentioned this before the CT) Once again, he didn't really respond as if there was some issue that needed to be addressed ASAP...BUT..... it was deviated enough for him to ask me if I've ever had an injury to my nose.

That's when he gave me the run down of me options again

- Trying Flonase/Zyrtec
- Allergy Shots
- Surgery

He didnt really go into enough detail about how.exactly the surgery would help but before I have any surgical procedure, I'm going to need full details, so I'll reach out again to the ENT

Old 01-18-2024, 08:12 PM

2,677 posts, read 1,192,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Allergy shots didn’t work for my sister as a child or me as an adult. Not having carpet and washing everything regularly helps but I have year round allergies and the spring and fall I feel like I have the flu. I developed asthma 20 years ago because of severe allergies.

Now I’m making excessive ear wax that needs to be removed every 2 months. I have an appointment with a ent the end of March because I can’t keep having my ears flushed as I don’t feel well afterwards.
I don't understand why people who describe allergies, sinus infections symptoms as being described as the flu. The flu for me has always been a horrible vomiting experience with a fever.

When I was young I grew up hearing the old saying "feed a cold, starve a fever" that was because a cold was similar to sinus headaches, stuffy nose, allergies. But the flu was fever and don't dare try to eat anything because it comes right back up.

Ok just saying carry on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness