Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 08:59 AM

7,263 posts, read 5,143,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaByrd View Post
I had a heart attack in October, and if I hadn't been able to call 911, I would have been one of those deaths. It was coronary artery disease. Not the vax.

(Really, I don't know why misinformation is allowed on this website. People are entitled to their own opinions, not their own facts.)
I didn't want to get involved in this orgy of fantasies, but I had to answer your suggestion of misinfo about covid & vax-- vaccinated/non- infected people are slightly more likely to get cardiomyopathy than infected/non-vaxxed people (any viral infection or vax can cause cardiomyopathy)....Cardiomyopathy is associated with PVCs, and PVCs are associated with sudden death.....It ain't misinformation.

As long as I'm here, let me straighten things out: sudden death is just that- sudden and almost always caused by the heart going into V tach/ V fib or sudden cardiac standstill.....An acute heart attack may cause those, but death in an acute MI is more often from pump failure and takes more than a few minutes, ie- not "sudden."..The only other non-traumatic cause of sudden death is the cataclysmic rupture of a major blood vessel (like the aorta) causing extreme, total hypoperfusion (shock).

Those suddenly lethal cardiac dysrhythmias are caused by a premature contractures (usually a PVC) occurring randomly at a most unfortunate point in the cardiac electrical cycle setting up a chaotic discharge of the ventricular muscle. PVCs occur in everybody, more common as we age and even more common when there is significant CAD...

.It's kinda like stopping the swinging pendulum in the grandfather clock by shooting a BB gun at it from across the room...You may hit it frequently and alter the swing, but only stop the swing with a perfectly directed & timed shot.

When a pt has PVCs, we want to diagnose and treat any underlying CAD, but only treat the PVCs themselves when they are very frequent, multifocal, symptomatic or occurring in salvoes. Pts on beta-blockers have a markedly decreased risk of sudden death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2024, 12:43 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Hey, I wasn't there but all I know is that not only was there zero evidence that my husband ever hit the brakes, he also didn't spill a single drop of the coffee he had in his hand and had just stopped to get. Thankfully, it happened as he was pulling out of the convenience store so he wasn't going fast, and people who knew him ran up to the truck, but he was already gone.

The paramedics worked on him for nearly two hours but the medical examiner told me he died instantly. She also said that she wished she could tell everyone this but she can't - but she could tell me that he never knew what hit him. In her exact words, she said one second he was driving his truck, and the next second he was standing before his Maker. It was a shock to me but I am glad for him that it happened that way.

Old 01-17-2024, 01:07 PM

88,605 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Hey, I wasn't there but all I know is that not only was there zero evidence that my husband ever hit the brakes, he also didn't spill a single drop of the coffee he had in his hand and had just stopped to get. Thankfully, it happened as he was pulling out of the convenience store so he wasn't going fast, and people who knew him ran up to the truck, but he was already gone.

The paramedics worked on him for nearly two hours but the medical examiner told me he died instantly. She also said that she wished she could tell everyone this but she can't - but she could tell me that he never knew what hit him. In her exact words, she said one second he was driving his truck, and the next second he was standing before his Maker. It was a shock to me but I am glad for him that it happened that way.
It definitely can happen. No time to realize what's happening for some. My friend's dad walked into the house and said, "Gee, it feels warm in here", and then dropped to the floor, dead.

A woman my sister knew from the historical society was working on a book about the churches in one of the cities. She lived with her son. He came home from work, greeted her as she sat typing at her computer, then went to take a shower. He came out and found her with her head on the keyboard. Just died that way. (Someone she had been working and doing the research with finished the book.)

Lucky for them, but harder on the people they leave behind so suddenly.

Old 01-18-2024, 01:25 AM

7,263 posts, read 5,143,446 times
"I want to die suddenly and quietly like my uncle...not screaming in terror like all his passengers."
--Rodney Dangerfield
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness