Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 09:40 AM

22,660 posts, read 24,589,306 times

Advertisements

Got COVID in the winter of 2020, been lucky ever since, even without being vaccinated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2024, 01:44 PM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times
I got sick New Years day which started out with a cough and very tired feeling. So I took a nap. Tuesday morning I felt like I was hit with a Mack truck. I had a low grade fever, cough is worse and now my voice is gone. I call in sick to my job and go to urgent care. Negative for Covid and flu. They don't even check my temperature. Dr. comes in and listens to my lungs and said they are clear, prescribes me promethazine for my cough and tells me it's a virus going around. Long story short I missed work for the rest of week. Husband took me to our regular doctor Thursday and by that time I was feeling worse. He gave me prednisone and an antibiotic. By Saturday I felt almost normal. By Thursday my fever hit 101. Anyway the only residual effects I have left is a slight cough and hoarse voice. I also feel slightly worn out and tired. I have been taking it easy these past few weeks and not over doing anything when I get home from work. I make a simple dinner for the two of us then I relax the rest of the evening. I only just took down my Christmas decorations a couple days ago because that's how bad I felt.

Old 01-15-2024, 05:33 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,887,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
The chorus I'm in had a final christmas concert on the 21st which was also the last day of school. On the 22nd I had a hot date with my new squeeze. On the 23 we both woke up with stuffy noses. He is much sicker than I am, or he is a big baby. He doesn't want to see me until he feels better which makes no sense to me. I'm sure I caught it from the kids at my elementary school and gave it to him. I feel terrible for ruining his winter break. He has to go back to work on Jan 2 and I don't have to go until the 8th.

My daughter also has a cold with a bad cough. She's been sick for two weeks.
Well it turns out my boyfriend is not a big baby...he got the flu! He missed four days of work and has been absolutely miserable. I fought it off successfully because I got a flu shot and he didn't so it's his own darn fault even if he did get it from me.

THen I read somewhere the people who are getting sick are getting knocked back harder because social distancing/masking weakened our immune systems and left us vulnerable.

Old 01-21-2024, 05:04 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,032,631 times
Found out who I got my 3.5 week long virus from, family member who knew he was sick but sat next to me at Christmas event. It will be a looong time before I see him again for any reason, invites will be declined.

Amazingly my husband has been around me the whole time and had only 2 days where he had a slight cough. Probably because he got all the vaxx's couple weeks before I did. I am very happy he stayed well. Both of us have been wearing mask while inside stores shopping.

So much life lost in those 3.5 weeks. So happy to have energy again, did some house cleaning which was greatly needed.

Old 01-21-2024, 05:57 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
You can't be sure that's where you got it. So, you're cutting off a relative because you caught a 3-week virus (maybe from him and maybe not; they've been going around, and everyone's had them)? Wow, I thought! But then I read about all the vaxxes and mask-wearing, so that's not so surprising...

Old 01-21-2024, 06:38 PM

6,586 posts, read 4,970,443 times
I forgot about this thread! I am STILL coughing!!!! Not as bad as a month ago but it's there. I make it through half the day and have to pop a few cough drops. And I had to start the nyquil at night again. I'm sure our super dry weather isn't helping but there's still stuff in my lungs. Can't wait for rain this coming week to see if that helps.

Old 01-21-2024, 07:37 PM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Mine lasted EXACTLY two weeks... As I said, I'm pretty sure I got it from that coughing homeless guy in the library. but who knows? I'm not going to stop going to the library.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness