Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2023, 03:57 PM

550 posts, read 370,448 times

Advertisements

Have an older relative with eyes very sensitive to sunlight due to cataracts, but she is working with a ophthalmologist surgeon to get her dry eye condition resolved before surgery can be done. The default wrap around sunglasses handed out at eye doctor offices are one size fit all, which does not work for her slightly small adult sized head. She has a regular pair of sunglasses, but those do not block sunlight from her side vision. This winter time of year with the sun so low in the sky, the problem is even worse.

Are there wrap around sunglasses for smaller heads or ones that are adjustable? Searching Google and Amazon and other websites with a large selection of sunglasses, perhaps I am not using the right search terms, and unsure if such a product even exists. If such a product is sold, what websites or product web links?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2023, 04:38 PM

1,680 posts, read 2,569,305 times
I bought Oakley non prescription Sunglasses, Prizem Tunsten Polarized lenses matte brown tortoise Frame.

I think mine are very simliar to what Oakley now calls "Unstoppable" style.

You can sort for womens styles which fit the smaller face on the Oakley web site.

The Prizem Tunsten Polarized type are great. Expensive, yes, but far superior to any other brand dealing with sun glare. I have had them for 3 years. Bought them after cataract surgery. I carry them with me always when driving or just going for a walk on a sunny day.

PS: an hour after I checked the Oakley web site for this particular style I got an email from them offering free shipping and free returns for this style.

Last edited by Mary2014; 12-21-2023 at 05:44 PM..

Old 12-22-2023, 07:23 AM

17,663 posts, read 17,810,927 times
https://cocoonseyewear.com/

I like this brand. I have their night driving fit over glasses. They’re light yellow like glasses for electronic devices so they slightly reduce glare while allowing good night time visibility. They have a variety of sizes, lens color, and types (clip on wrap around, fit over, and other technology).

For more affordable there is Solar Shield which is owned by Foster Grant.
https://www.fostergrant.com/fits-ove...-on-sunglasses

They can be found at drug stores and discount stores like Walmart. They do come in a variety of styles and sizes.

Old 12-22-2023, 08:14 AM

3,477 posts, read 2,472,217 times
If she also has prescription eyeglasses, she could get the kinds that fit OVER those glasses. Most of them are wrap-arounds. They'd be pretty big on her head without the eyeglasses though.

You can get Solar Shields on Amazon, they're in the same range as the "As Seen on TV" brands, usually $19.99 or less.

Old 12-22-2023, 08:20 AM

2,004 posts, read 999,533 times
I got some tinted safety glasses from Amazon. I think they were like $5 for 6 pair. Bump paying hundreds for brand-name wrap-arounds. These work great for blocking side light, and I also use them when we're boating, so that wind doesn't whip around the edges and dry my eyes out that way. I can't find the exact ones I bought because that was years ago, but here's some examples. The second pair I have to go over my glasses for when I'm not wearing my contacts:

https://www.amazon.com/NoCry-Resistant-Wrap-Around-Protection-Adjustable/

https://www.amazon.com/Radians-Chief-Safety-Glasses-Clear/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness