Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2023, 04:36 PM

12 posts, read 10,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
THIS! OP if you "work from home" you are generating higher electromagnetic fields in your house for hours every workday. Actually, more than you would be if you didn't work from home. Just creating this thread (a non work-related use of an electronic communication device) subjects you to even more of that same radiation!

So ironic it's laughable. It would be somewhat interesting to go back in time to measure the electromagnetic radiation that was present in your house before you started secluding yourself and compare that to the present. Bet it's gotten "worse", not "better". As for some sort of protective Faraday cage, you can go one better than the classic tin foil hat.

https://ipefx.com/product/1000-1200-...01e0f586d4ea2a
If this is true then the magnetic fields are much weaker than Earths. Why don't compasses point towards computers? They always point North, being influenced by Earth's magnetic field. If they were as strong as Earth's magnetic field or stronger then a compass would never work.

Old 12-17-2023, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
4 heart conditions? I'm curious what those might be, and what your baseline pulse is.

Highly unlikely insurance would pay. Assuming you're living at a high latitude, have you considered moving closer to the equator?

I wasn't aware of the geomagnetic storm on the 12th. My fitbit info from that day doesn't report anything unusual. All metrics, including heart rate variation and resting heart rate, were in my "personal range".

The geminid meteor shower was the 13th and 14th and I spotted a couple of them. They move so fast!
Supraventricular tachycardia, inappropriate sinus tachycardia, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome and cardioinhibitory syncope. My resting heart rate has been out of range since the 12th. My usual resting heart rate is ~55 but for the past few days it's been 75-85.

Old 12-17-2023, 05:23 PM

23,319 posts, read 18,890,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicqueen View Post
If this is true then the magnetic fields are much weaker than Earths.
Actually, the opposite is true. A variable, directional, electromagnetic force generated by a household magnet or electronics can be magnitudes stronger than the earth's relatively weak magnetic field.

This might be of interest, but you've already convinced yourself about the evils of the earth's magnetic field so doubt science will change your mind:

https://www.wired.com/story/can-your...-your-compass/

Old 12-17-2023, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Actually, the opposite is true. A variable, directional, electromagnetic force generated by a household magnet or electronics can be magnitudes stronger than the earth's relatively weak magnetic field.

This might be of interest, but you've already convinced yourself about the evils of the earth's magnetic field so doubt science will change your mind:

https://www.wired.com/story/can-your...-your-compass/
Then why don't compasses point towards computers and phones then? Using this logic, compasses would never work properly.

Old 12-17-2023, 06:33 PM

7,947 posts, read 9,164,633 times
As per your first post admitting that you are anxious about the geomagnetic storms you have probably just worked yourself up.

Anxiety can cause the same arythmias you have been diagnosed with.

https://www.topdoctors.co.uk/medical...t-on-our-heart

Old 12-17-2023, 07:48 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,219,965 times
https://www.wired.com/story/the-trut...wn-in-america/

13,000-square-mile National Radio Quiet Zone—an area larger than the combined landmass of Connecticut and Massachusetts—which limited cell service and all kinds of wireless.

This radio silence zone is popular with people with a mysterious illness called electromagnetic hypersensitivity who described feeling ill when exposed to iPhones and smart meters, refrigerators and microwaves.

Old 12-17-2023, 08:25 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,423,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
https://www.wired.com/story/the-trut...wn-in-america/

13,000-square-mile National Radio Quiet Zone—an area larger than the combined landmass of Connecticut and Massachusetts—which limited cell service and all kinds of wireless.

This radio silence zone is popular with people with a mysterious illness called electromagnetic hypersensitivity who described feeling ill when exposed to iPhones and smart meters, refrigerators and microwaves.
The OP isn't complaining about feeling ill when exposed to phones, smart meters, refrigerators, and microwaves. So apparently the OP isn't suffering from that mysterious illness and wouldn't benefit from moving to a National Radio Quiet Zone.

The OP's "problem" sounds more like the tin foil hat variety than the scientific medical variety.

Old 12-18-2023, 07:19 AM

13,636 posts, read 10,040,055 times
Chain mail, it's heavy, but if you don't run around too much...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_mail

Old 12-18-2023, 08:02 AM

29,748 posts, read 34,415,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicqueen View Post
Supraventricular tachycardia, inappropriate sinus tachycardia, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome and cardioinhibitory syncope. My resting heart rate has been out of range since the 12th. My usual resting heart rate is ~55 but for the past few days it's been 75-85.
Could this be because you're stressed and panicking about magnetic fields rather than from the magnetic fields themselves?

Old 12-18-2023, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Could this be because you're stressed and panicking about magnetic fields rather than from the magnetic fields themselves?
Read the studies I posted in my OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness