Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 03:06 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,516,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
Several nutrients have been associated with bad outcomes - Low D(especially winter months), C, Selenium, zinc, glutathione(NAC to restore)

Omega3s + spectrum E will also thin the blood some and help the heart
NAC by itself won't replenish glutathione, you still need glutamine and glycine. You can get glutathione infusions at many health clinics. I have tried them after hangovers (how they're marketed around here) but don't seem to do much for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2023, 05:50 PM

14,975 posts, read 12,191,568 times
https://www.wiley.com/en-jp/Unravell...-9781119891307

Here's IMO the best, most complete and objective read on the topic of Long Covid I've read to date.

Old 12-02-2023, 06:56 PM

547 posts, read 335,240 times
https://covid19.nih.gov/news-and-sto...id-19-severity

Previous research has found that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, reduces the diversity of bacteria in the gut microbiome of people with the disease. Researchers wanted to know whether the variety of microbes present can predict how sick someone with COVID-19 may become.

The researchers found that gut microbiomes in people with more severe COVID-19 had fewer unique species of microbes, indicating an overall microbe community with less diversity. Additionally, the gut microbe networks in people with severe COVID-19 were disrupted more than those who had more moderate cases.

Based on the analysis, the researchers built a computer model that successfully predicted who had moderate or severe COVID-19 in a separate group of 38 people with COVID-19.

Interestingly, the researchers also found two strains of gut bacteria that were nearly wiped out in people with severe COVID-19. These strains are also severely reduced in people diagnosed with Long COVID. This suggests that microbiomes with fewer of those microbes may be an early warning sign of Long COVID.

more at link...

Old 12-02-2023, 07:29 PM

9,448 posts, read 11,204,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
You should check out the people experiencing Long Covid, they are in dire straits
https://twitter.com/search?q=%23long...d_query&f=live
https://twitter.com/SawyerBlatz/stat...80934526173586

"I wake up just to suffer. What's the point?
#LongCovid"\

I wonder if you were suffering the same if you wouldn't seek out Doctors who are willing to treat it, despite their opposing beliefs on vaccines. I know I would be giving some treatments a try, off label prescriptions are perfectly legal and done all the time

They can certainly be sued by their clients if there is malpractice, but Sharyl Attkisson sought out Doctors who have shown clinical success, she interviews several of them in the video I posted

Start in at 1:39 for patient testimonies
https://rumble.com/v3hrjvo-the-covid...-pierre-k.html
I am sooooo glad my wife and I were not caught up in the temporary insanity of believing Dr. Guido and his co-conspirators. About ANYTHING. Being consistently inconsistent is not settled science. No mask needed. Wear it if ya got it. You HAVE to wear it. Now you don't need it. Etc.

The 20-20 hindsight I keep hearing is this was like a cold, the death rate statistically was low, and the complications from the shot--not a vax, a shot--are myriad and can be ghastly. When you empower lifer bureaucrats to call the shots--no pun intended--you have a problem, Houston. A very big problem.
Rarely mentioned is how many people and corporations got very very rich off this gig.

Look at Sweden. The ONE place that got it right.

Old 12-09-2023, 04:39 PM

547 posts, read 335,240 times
they are sniffing around the right place

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/...g-covid-relief

Experimental drug that alters gut microbiome shows promise for long-COVID relief

A randomized controlled trial in Hong Kong finds that the synbiotic drug SIM01 relieves multiple symptoms of long COVID, or post-acute COVID-19 syndrome (PACS).

SIM01 contains strains of anaerobic Bifidobacterium bacteria (which are probiotics) and soluble fibers (prebiotics) to alter the gut microbiome and possibly modify immune response.

Old 12-11-2023, 08:27 PM

3,462 posts, read 2,446,040 times
I'm seeing two different things in a web search:

1. that COVID affects the gut microbiome and gut health.
2. that gut health affects COVID.

Seems to me the best way to combat it - currently - is

1. do whatever is practical to prevent getting sick in the first place (if your grandkids are sick, don't have them over for Christmas - if you work in close proximity to sick people - wear a mask. Wash your hands often, either way, eat healthy foods, get exercise, breathe fresh air when/if you can)
2. Reduce your risk of severe symptoms if you get infected anyway - currently, vaccine is the best bet at prevention of severe symptoms IF you get sick - and treatments of symptoms if you get them.

If you eat healthy in the first place, your gut health should be - healthy. If it's not, then it's because something is wrong.

Gut health is not the end-all/be-all to human health, any more than grapeseed oil is the cure-all for human health. Someone who breaks their leg didn't break their leg because of bad gut health, and "correcting" their gut health won't fix the broken leg. People with perfect gut health still catch colds, and get the flu, and get cancer, and tuberculosis, and if a rabid dog bites them, they can get rabies. And adjusting their gut health won't treat any of that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness