Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 08:22 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
People are essentially requesting/ordering these drugs themselves online (albeit with the authorization of some unseen "care team"). What could go wrong?

Also saw my first commercial for CBD you can order online. According to the testimonials, no one can function anymore without it!
Meh, basically it's for hair loss, or for little blue pills for guys. Can't imagine either becoming life threatening unless there were really extenuating circumstances. I imagine the RX for anxiety or whatever probably comes after a consult with a psychiatrist, much like it does with a reg doc visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2023, 08:30 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,958,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I imagine the RX for anxiety or whatever probably comes after a consult with a psychiatrist, much like it does with a reg doc visit.
You can "imagine" that, but it's just conjecture. I'm asking if anyone actually knows.

Old 11-28-2023, 11:03 AM

11,049 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Quote:
You can "imagine" that, but it's just conjecture. I'm asking if anyone actually knows.
I looked into those online docs while here in SoCal after the derm doc said my BP was way too high. Turns out none of them would prescribe a BP med since I had no primary care doc established.

So they were useless for new prescriptions. You can get refills, but so what. And they are not all that cheap, either. My impression was their ads are kind of shifty, since they want you to make an appointment and pay for it, before you find out that, no, they can't help you after all.

Now I'm inundated with their ads!

Old 11-28-2023, 11:05 AM

11,049 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Quote:
They certainly make it easier all the time to get prescription - I assume even Schedule II? - drugs. Sometimes I wonder if there's ANYONE in the country who isn't taking SOMETHING.
I'm not taking anything. But that may change sooner rather than later....

Everyone I know is on a few drugs, it seems. And these are healthy, fit seniors.

Old 11-28-2023, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
I'm not taking anything. But that may change sooner rather than later....

Everyone I know is on a few drugs, it seems. And these are healthy, fit seniors.
The number of young people, especially (and that's what shown on these commercials), seemingly unable to get through their days without some mind- or mood-altering substance (to say nothing of their cell phone addiction) is frankly disturbing.

Old 11-29-2023, 03:51 PM

I saw another commercial (either I'm watching too much TV or they bought a lot of air time or both); they call them "providers." The main ailments advertised are thinning hair, anxiety, and depression. Oh, and they offer "free shipping"!

Old 11-30-2023, 07:23 AM

Healthcare 'providers' and 'care team' are just catch all phrases to cover multiple aspects of tending to your health needs. Doctors, nurses, technicians, pharmacist, physical therapist, etc can all be health care providers.
Their website says they have licensed practitioners in Dermatology, Urology, Psychiatry, Therapy, and Primary Care.
There are a lot of things I wouldn't feel comfortable having treated using this type of virtual health care, but other things, such as hair loss, acne, or other somewhat straight forward issues I think it's a viable alternative to traditional healthcare.
It seems they don't accept insurance it's all self pay, so that's the likely money maker right there.

Old 11-30-2023, 07:27 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
When I was helping my mom a few years back find a new primary care doctor. We visited an office where they used the term "practitioner" as to who sees the patients there. I said you mean doctor? They said no we have nurses not doctors.
A nurse practitioner is an actual professional title, and requires certification. For ordinary care, I prefer an NP.

Old 11-30-2023, 05:05 PM

"Certified" can apply from everything from an LPN to an MD; they don't specify exactly who's doing what. I'm just curious what they're prescribing for depression and anxiety, specifically.

I guess no one's actually used them?

Old 11-30-2023, 06:56 PM

Quote:
"Certified" can apply from everything from an LPN to an MD; they don't specify exactly who's doing what. I'm just curious what they're prescribing for depression and anxiety, specifically.

I guess no one's actually used them?
The website list their most commonly prescribed meds for those conditions https://www.forhers.com/psychiatry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness