Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2023, 02:11 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,949,297 times

Advertisements

Every once in a while, usually when I’m working out, the same little muscle in my mid lower side back will seemingly randomly pull and give me an intense pain where it feels almost impossible to get up. I have no idea why this happens because it’s not a new movement, there is no warning, and it’s never an awkward or stressful movement. Any idea on why this happens so randomly. Im very healthy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2023, 02:24 PM

23,326 posts, read 18,890,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Every once in a while, usually when I’m working out, the same little muscle in my mid lower side back will seemingly randomly pull and give me an intense pain where it feels almost impossible to get up. I have no idea why this happens because it’s not a new movement, there is no warning, and it’s never an awkward or stressful movement. Any idea on why this happens so randomly. Im very healthy
Why do you expect people who can't even see the type of exercise you're doing at those moments or examine you to know what's going on here? Could be poor warmup/stretching/cool down routine, poor technique during the exercise, overuse/repetitive motion injury, just some little anatomical quirk making you more prone to annoying whatever structure causes the hurt. There are probably ways to prevent it. Talk to a trainer, sports medicine pro, and/or PT who can evaluate you in person.

Last edited by Parnassia; 11-04-2023 at 03:21 PM..

Old 11-04-2023, 03:33 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,949,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
Why do you expect people who can't even see the type of exercise you're doing at those moments or examine you to know what's going on here? Could be poor warmup/stretching/cool down routine, poor technique during the exercise, overuse/repetitive motion injury, just some little anatomical quirk making you more prone to annoying whatever structure causes the hurt. There are probably ways to prevent it. Talk to a trainer, sports medicine pro, and/or PT who can evaluate you in person.
Because it’s totally random. One time I was when I was getting ready to lift the squat bar off the rack. The other time it was lifting a dumbbell to bench press. Another time I wasn’t even working out. Again. They weren’t awkward or stressful movements and they were the same movements I’ve done thousands of times. It happens so rarely I don’t have much useful information to share or any patterns to share.

I’m also trying to get people to share their personal experiences or some type of insight.

Old 11-05-2023, 01:31 PM

10,571 posts, read 7,776,236 times
Old injuries tend to reoccur with little encouragement. I have a similar thing happen on my lower right side. Not sure what exactly triggers it. I think it’s carrying a heavy load such as a 10 gallon propane tank or my kayak. It’s a nagging ache that lasts for several hours, up to a couple days. So far it’s always resolved. Would hate to live with it on a permanent basis.

Old 11-07-2023, 09:54 AM

7,273 posts, read 5,150,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
The vast majority of those "kink" type injuries (frequently low back, elbow, neck at al) have to do basically with mechanics-- the way we do things- not Tony down at the garage.

Uneven muscle tension around the joint in question as a result of bad mechanics &/or isolated muscle fatigue is the culprit...and frequently it's a core muscle that's the real problem causing the muscle spasm elsewhere by altering mechanics.

A classic case is Dizzy Dean Syndrome-- The Diz got hit in the foot with a line drive (1937 AllStar Game), breaking his big toe. After that, he couldn't push off the rubber and use his legs properly, putting a strain on his pitching arm. His career was all down hill after that.

Old 11-07-2023, 10:24 AM

2,468 posts, read 2,768,168 times
At least it happens to you while working out. :P I've tweaked my back doing ordinary things like washing my hair, picking up a dog bowl, tying my shoes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness