Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 08:05 AM

61 posts, read 53,592 times

Advertisements

I am almost 49 and will have a normal period maybe once every few month. For example I got my period at 29 days but the bleeding was strange. Dark red and brown with ovulation like substance mixed in. It never got that heavy like it usually does for a 2 days or so. Spotting some brown up until 10 days. 6 days no blood. Yesterday my breast were hurting. Today I just noticed light blood again like my period is starting. Only 16 days after my last period started. I noticed I’m more tired lately. More OCD. More grossed out by every little thing. Feet hurt. I notice a few days before any bleeding I wake up congested and feel like I can’t get enough air. Is this all part of menopause?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2023, 08:14 AM

3,262 posts, read 4,998,620 times
At age 49, you're probably going through menopause. If you're concerned, talk about it with your doctor.

Old 10-24-2023, 08:22 AM

36,416 posts, read 16,023,456 times
I agree perimenopausal, ready for menopause. Congratulations! J/K. those are all symptoms.

Old 10-24-2023, 08:36 AM

10,889 posts, read 7,376,511 times
My cycle used to average 42 days. When it got shorter with heavier bleeding in my late 40s, I talked to my ob/gyn.

Drama, cancer fear, hysterectomy...turned out to be a benign cyst on one ovary, but they'd already ripped out everything. They do waaaaay too many unnecessary hysterectomies.

So talk to your doctor, but get a second opinion (or maybe a younger doctor) if they suggest surgery.

Old 10-24-2023, 09:51 AM

3,432 posts, read 2,398,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy75 View Post
I am almost 49 and will have a normal period maybe once every few month. For example I got my period at 29 days but the bleeding was strange. Dark red and brown with ovulation like substance mixed in. It never got that heavy like it usually does for a 2 days or so. Spotting some brown up until 10 days. 6 days no blood. Yesterday my breast were hurting. Today I just noticed light blood again like my period is starting. Only 16 days after my last period started. I noticed I’m more tired lately. More OCD. More grossed out by every little thing. Feet hurt. I notice a few days before any bleeding I wake up congested and feel like I can’t get enough air. Is this all part of menopause?
You're describing things that have happened to you within the past few months. So I'm assuming you've made an appointment with your OB/GYN already. Let us know what the result of that appointment is! I'll bet it's the perimenopause that everyone else is saying on this thread so far.

Old 10-24-2023, 06:38 PM

457 posts, read 496,663 times
If your concerned, talk with your doctor. Otherwise, it’s perimenopause. Google “perimenopause” and see how many symptoms there are. It’s insane.

I am smack dab in the middle of it myself.

Old 10-25-2023, 05:14 AM

880 posts, read 764,489 times
Probably peri menopause.

Old 10-25-2023, 07:05 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,181,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tla921 View Post
If your concerned, talk with your doctor. Otherwise, it’s perimenopause. Google “perimenopause” and see how many symptoms there are. It’s insane.

I am smack dab in the middle of it myself.
Same.

In July, I had my first period in almost 7 months. I'm 52, so I really thought it might keep going to the 12 month officially menopause mark, but no, since I was going on an international vacation, of course.....here came my period.

OP, expect your period to be all over the map from now on. For example, since I had my period in July for the first time in 7 months, I've had cycles of 24,27 and now 39 days. I once went 60 days after having several cycles right at 28 days like clockwork. My OB/Gyn told me not to focus on the irregular cycles (timing), but rather, to be more concerned about irregular bleeding (a period lasting significantly longer than usual, significantly heavier flow or passing large clots etc). That's what I've personally been looking for, but haven't seen, so I'm not concerned. If you're concerned, talk to your doctor, but don't be surprised if the first thing they recommend is an Ultrasound (both transvaginal and abdominal) and then, if still unsure, a biopsy (which they will do in office) and has been described by people as ranging from "no big deal at all" to "incredibly painful".

Last edited by Texas Ag 93; 10-25-2023 at 07:15 AM..

Old 10-25-2023, 07:17 AM

3,374 posts, read 1,964,723 times
I think we should all be seeing our gynocologists regularly so the first thing is to make an appointment to put your mind at ease or to address anything that might need attention.

Having said that, when I was going through menopause/perimenopause I never knew when my period was coming and that was really inconvenient. Always be prepared. The good news is that once you're done with it, you're done!

Old 10-25-2023, 08:36 AM

8,752 posts, read 5,046,098 times
For some peri menopause can effect every part of your body....even your hair. For me, PMS was worse then menopause. I guess you suffer on one end or the other. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness