Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 01:00 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
I just accept that I have brown spots on my face. I'm confident enough in my existence that I don't let skin pigmentation bother me. At all, not even a little bit.
OK, that's fair.

I just want to mention this, though:

What is cryotherapy used for?

Cryotherapy is often used to treat skin lesions. Skin lesions are skin growths or patches that don’t look like the skin around them. The lesions can be:
  • Benign (not cancerous).
  • Actinic keratosis. These are precancerous skin cancers that look like scaly patches on your skin, and they can turn into cancer in the future.
  • Superficial skin cancer (skin cancer that’s on the surface of your skin).
Cryotherapy also helps save the area around the lesions and to reduce the scarring as much as possible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2023, 01:15 PM

3,437 posts, read 2,407,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
OK, that's fair.

I just want to mention this, though:

What is cryotherapy used for?

Cryotherapy is often used to treat skin lesions. Skin lesions are skin growths or patches that don’t look like the skin around them. The lesions can be:
  • Benign (not cancerous).
  • Actinic keratosis. These are precancerous skin cancers that look like scaly patches on your skin, and they can turn into cancer in the future.
  • Superficial skin cancer (skin cancer that’s on the surface of your skin).
Cryotherapy also helps save the area around the lesions and to reduce the scarring as much as possible.
Yes - I have had a couple of actinic keratosis lesions zapped with a freeze-can. But that's not just random brown spots. For random spots that the doctor doesn't suspect to be anything problematic and not even deserving of a biopsy, I leave them.

Old 08-14-2023, 08:26 AM

19,517 posts, read 9,537,245 times
I happened to look through latest Walter Drake catalog, notice they had a soap to help fade age spots. I’m not sure if that actually qualifies as a home remedy but it’s under $20.00. This does not include their S&H. etc, which usually puts me off. I rarely find much more that I want/need from these catalogs. Maybe add different colors of some of their products and I might reconsider. Anyways, thought you’d perhaps like to know other options?

Old 08-15-2023, 01:47 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,039,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I have been putting off doing this, but...

My dermatologist told me to get a concoction from a compounding pharmacy and that I should apply the cream to my face and leave it there for four days.

He also said it's likely to hurt like holy heck.

But I do have significant sun damage and he thinks this will burn it off.
Yikes, that doesn't sound good. If you can afford it, just have them lasered off. Easy, but pricey.

Old 08-16-2023, 01:19 PM

15,250 posts, read 12,960,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
Yikes, that doesn't sound good. If you can afford it, just have them lasered off. Easy, but pricey.
I may well end up taking your suggestion. But here's where we are:

A compounding pharmacy in Indiana makes the cream to treat sun-damaged skin, pre-cancers (actinic keratosis) and non-melanoma skin cancers

5% 5-fluorouracil & 0.005% calcipotriene cream in 1:1 weight ratio--Apply thin layer to sun-damaged skin 2 times a day for 4 days as tolerated and instructed. Stop if too irritating.
My dermatologist emphasized I should get in touch with him if I'm having any problems.

I may try the wart removal stuff on an inconspicuous place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness