Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 04:42 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times

Advertisements

I am not telling anyone to do this.
I did this many years ago 2 summers, cuz a dime sized one came back on my right cheek;
the driver''s side cheek. But has not in a decade.
Walmarts Wart Remover..I painted on lightly like clear fingernail polish. When it wore off, painted it again until it's gone.

My sister had a herpes skin tag the doctor would not touch, too close to her eye.
She did this, starved it basically...it fell off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2023, 06:07 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
I have heard that lemon juice might help, so I googled:

https://dc-dermdocs.com/7-simple-way...20warm%20water.

"Lemon juice has many health benefits such as burning fat and removing toxins from the body, but who knew lemon juice could help you achieve clear skin? Lemon juice contains Vitamin C along with an acid that can break down the melanin pigments and reduce the appearance of brown spots in a month. Cut a lemon and apply the slices directly to your brown spots. Leave the slices on for about 30 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Be sure to limit sun exposure after applying lemon to the skin to avoid irritation and peeling."

There are other suggestions at the link. At least if the above fails, it is low cost and not as harmful as the other methods. Reducing may just be enough for some.

Old 08-12-2023, 08:53 PM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
I had a big brown spot near my upper lip, and some skin tags on my eyelid. I bought one of those hand-held devices that burn them off. It leaves a scab for a couple of days, but now the spot and the skin tags are gone.
I'd be scared to do it on my eyelid. You're brave.

Old 08-12-2023, 09:39 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,565,977 times
I have done the same as others for the raised brown spots (seborrheic keratosis). Get the liquid wart remover (I prefer the one with the little brush) and apply it to the area several times a day. Let dry completely between applying. After several applications peel it off. You might have to apply for a week or two but eventually you will peel off the seborrheic keratosis. Be careful not to get the wart remover outside of the brown area.

I have been using tretinoin on my flat brown spots (age spots) for about a year and I have noticed a tiny bit of lightening but the spots are not gone. I would be interested in any other home remedies for these spots.

As far as skin tags the wart remover will remove those. You have to apply several times a day for maybe two weeks but they will eventually dry up. For the tiny skin tags I have used a pair of very sharp scissors or just pulled it off (quickly) with good results.

Old 08-12-2023, 10:07 PM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
I’ve seen so-called remedies ranging from Vaseline to certain creams on the market. The one cream I have comes in a tube but right now I can’t recall the name. Has it helped? That could be debatable but it hasn’t hurt or got deeper in color either.

I like sun for the tanning aspect but am fair skin and I burn usually before it later turns a slight tan. I do use sun screen as I’ve aged and limit my outside time by setting a timer.

Old 08-13-2023, 09:58 AM

10,888 posts, read 7,370,074 times
I notice mine have faded over time. Maybe because I'm not in the sun as much?

Old 08-13-2023, 10:59 AM

19,496 posts, read 9,525,458 times
UPDATE: cream - noticed this morning that the cream is a Gold Bond brand. I got Gold Bond a few years back when the store had it for anti bacterial use. A few of my coworkers would ask to use it. I'm not sure if Gold Bond still makes that particular lotion. I've used other GB lotions for their moisturizing benefits. It gives a nice texture without overdoing it. YMMD but it has become one of my fave brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat1116 View Post
I’ve seen so-called remedies ranging from Vaseline to certain creams on the market. The one cream I have comes in a tube but right now I can’t recall the name. Has it helped? That could be debatable but it hasn’t hurt or got deeper in color either.

I like sun for the tanning aspect but am fair skin and I burn usually before it later turns a slight tan. I do use sun screen as I’ve aged and limit my outside time by setting a timer.

Old 08-13-2023, 11:32 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
I think they must have meant freezing off a spot by using liquid nitrogen on it. I doubt an ice cube would do much of anything.
Exactly.
Here it's explained:
https://www.epiphanydermatology.com/...dermatologist/

Azelaic acid is very good for any skin pigmentation.
Something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/AOBBIY-Azelai...ref=mp_s_a_1_7

Last edited by elnina; 08-13-2023 at 11:52 AM..

Old 08-13-2023, 11:35 AM

14,454 posts, read 20,630,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I am not telling anyone to do this.
I did this many years ago 2 summers, cuz a dime sized one came back on my right cheek;
the driver''s side cheek. But has not in a decade.
Walmarts Wart Remover..I painted on lightly like clear fingernail polish. When it wore off, painted it again until it's gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I have heard that lemon juice might help, so I googled:
https://dc-dermdocs.com/7-simple-way...20warm%20water.
"Lemon juice has many health benefits such as burning fat and removing toxins from the body, but who knew lemon juice could help you achieve clear skin? Lemon juice contains Vitamin C along with an acid that can break down the melanin pigments and reduce the appearance of brown spots in a month. Cut a lemon and apply the slices directly to your brown spots. Leave the slices on for about 30 minutes and rinse off with warm water. Be sure to limit sun exposure after applying lemon to the skin to avoid irritation and peeling."
We may try lemon and wart remover. I used a nail file on the affected area not knowing whether the spot was only a surface spot or deeper. The area is red as expected. When the redness goes away I'll see what is left.

Old 08-13-2023, 12:46 PM

3,428 posts, read 2,393,301 times
I just accept that I have brown spots on my face. I'm confident enough in my existence that I don't let skin pigmentation bother me. At all, not even a little bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness