Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 09:02 PM

297 posts, read 244,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeisureSLarry View Post
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

Hunter S. Thompson
That was also Jackie Gleason's view. I think he died fairly early if memory serves.
and don't forget to max out all your credit just before you go. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2023, 09:05 PM

297 posts, read 244,691 times
Default imnsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
Let's just say 15-30 minutes wouldn't be enough for me. And I'm of European descent and in the tropics. My skin is now a nice bronze. I spend at least 1 hour a day in the ocean (usually surfing) and more walking around. When I'm in a place with little sun, i notice my energy levels drop quickly. I love the sun.

As for Vit D supplementation, you can start low (1000-2000 iu) for a month and take your blood work, and then up as needed. I know people who take 10,000 IU a day to keep normal levels. It depends on how well you absorb it in the gut. Also, don't take it on an a empty stomach, it's best absorbed through a meal with a lot of fat.
An hour a day in strong sun w/out sunscreen is too much. You will get old and wrinkley before your time.
coconut oil makes a mile factor X4 sunscreen and doesn't have all those chemicals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness