Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2023, 08:40 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,634,216 times

Advertisements

terracore, About 2 years ago my cataract was removed from my left eye at the Veterans Hospital in Eugene Oregon. They gave me something to put me asleep. The next minute (it seemed), i was awake & they were done with me. When i went in everything was a blur in my left eye. When i woke & the patch was taken off i had 20/20 vision in my left eye. Yiiiiipppppeeeee My vision is wonderful in my left eye, now.

Soon the cataract will be removed from my right eye by my Ophthalmologist. She has amazing skills.
Most of my life i never needed any glasses until my left eye started blurring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2023, 08:34 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I’ve had both eyes done had not a big deal no pain, still need reading glasses because i only got the Medicare approved lenses. They want to much for the ones that correct your vision so you don’t need glasses anymore.
I paid the $6K for the multi-focal lenses and the laser surgery.

I can see better at night. I no longer need glasses for distance vision.

However I now need glasses for reading, computers, etc.

Ophthalmologist told me to put in eye drops several times a day., that my eyes are dry and the lenses will work better with eye drops. I do, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.e

It's a huge pain in the butt as I need glasses to read anything in the kitchen.

I miss being able to see things close up.

Old 03-23-2023, 05:10 AM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

Ophthalmologist told me to put in eye drops several times a day., that my eyes are dry and the lenses will work better with eye drops. I do, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.e

I gotta use 3 types of glasses. One for normal vision, one for the computer and one for reading.

Old 03-23-2023, 06:23 AM

15,957 posts, read 7,021,038 times
Quote:

^ THIS. This is what i am worried about. I do more close work than drive at night. I have been wearing those big glasses you can even wear over glasses while in the car. They reduce glare from the sun and at night from headlight. Works amazingly well.
I will get my eyes checked for vision and ask my optometrist his opinion about cataract, and lenses after. My ophthalmologist has not been very forthcoming with the information I need to be comfortable. The prescriptions my optometrist has given have been perfect. If he says i should go for it i will go see another ophthalmologist for a second opinion and one inam more comfortable with.
Science is not perfect. Nothing is.

Old 03-23-2023, 06:50 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,428,739 times
Quote:

That seems messed up. I got single lens correction so that I could see close-up only. I still wear glasses for driving but I can now read books, my cell phone, the computer without glasses. I can legally drive without glasses, but they do make things clearer. I have to have them for the Transitions lenses anyway, as the big downside is my extreme sensitivity to sunlight. I wear sunglasses over my glasses most of the time.

Are you saying that you have to use eye drops with your glasses per the doctor's recommendation? That really sound like a royal pain in the butt, especially for the $6K. I'd be mad as hell.

Old 03-23-2023, 06:56 AM

15,957 posts, read 7,021,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
That seems messed up. I got single lens correction so that I could see close-up only. I still wear glasses for driving but I can now read books, my cell phone, the computer without glasses. I can legally drive without glasses, but they do make things clearer. I have to have them for the Transitions lenses anyway, as the big downside is my extreme sensitivity to sunlight. I wear sunglasses over my glasses most of the time.

Are you saying that you have to use eye drops with your glasses per the doctor's recommendation? That really sound like a royal pain in the butt, especially for the $6K. I'd be mad as hell.
I probably will chooses what you did if i decide to get the surgery. It is not clear to me as to how this prescription works. How far can you comfortably see before needing glasses? Movies, TV? Same as before? And they will remain this way, that is you will never need to update the prescription for glasses?

Old 09-19-2023, 01:01 AM

7,709 posts, read 5,452,962 times
Quote:

For your dry eyes, research Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD)

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=h_&q=mgd+m...unction&ia=web

Old 09-19-2023, 11:12 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,010,703 times
I forgot about this thread. But then, I couldn't read the phone or computer for a few months.
Right eye cataract surgery in April. First 12 days could see for miles. Day 13 had to get sis to drive me to Dr.
Couldn't see anything. Swelling behind eye.
May, surgery in left eye. Still couldn't see that great out of right eye. Pressure behind left eye. Couldn't see out
it either. Went once a week for appts for 9wks. Used 3 diff drops 3-4x daily for 13wks.
So over it. Had to use 4" magnifying glass up against my eye to see to text on phone. Used it to see what I was cooking/eating. TV 5ft in front of me to see it. Still wear glasses 24/7 and use magnifying glass at times to see close up.
TV moved back to approx. 8ft from me.
Squinting is my new normal. And I still slap at the cat once in a while.

Old 09-20-2023, 03:01 PM

17,569 posts, read 13,344,160 times
My question is, why go to any doctor if you are not going to do whatever is recommended?

I didn't even know how much I DIDN'T SEE until after my cataract surgery! Especially night driving

Old 09-20-2023, 05:20 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
My question is, why go to any doctor if you are not going to do whatever is recommended?

I didn't even know how much I DIDN'T SEE until after my cataract surgery! Especially night driving
I just went to the eye doc and they say they can see the start of caddy's but i should be years away i guess before i gotta deal with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness