Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 09:37 PM

1,555 posts, read 778,215 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am a 44 year old male. Tomorrow, I will be getting getting the Bivalent booster Pfizer along with the seasonal Flu shot. It was recommended that I can get both at the same time. My concerns are the normal side effects. Would my side effects be more intensified because I am getting both at the same time? I am off Sunday, Monday and Wednesday from work but also took Tuesday off just in case I need to rest.

Old 09-10-2022, 10:56 PM

949 posts, read 787,956 times
I got Moderna's version at 5:00PM on Tuesday. My arm began hurting around 11:00PM. I went to bed around midnight and woke up a few hours later feeling like I had done a triathalon. Every muscle ached. The next day, I felt like I had a mild flu with the body aches somewhat reduced. Thursday, I was about 90% normal.

The first booster really made my arm very sore. This one, not so bad. However, the flu-like feeling seemed to be a bit worse.

I don't like getting the flu shot until the end of October. Immunity supposedly fades. I opt to take the shot later for better protection in February and March.

Old 09-10-2022, 11:05 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
I have had 4 Moderna shots. I don't trust a company that delayed medication in order to affect elections. Arm was a little sore after each shot. My husband got the flu like symptons and went to bed.

My daughter and her husband got Pfizer. Both have had Covid and he for some reason had to deal with blood clots in his legs.

Old 09-10-2022, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmiller9 View Post
I got Moderna's version at 5:00PM on Tuesday. My arm began hurting around 11:00PM. I went to bed around midnight and woke up a few hours later feeling like I had done a triathalon. Every muscle ached. The next day, I felt like I had a mild flu with the body aches somewhat reduced. Thursday, I was about 90% normal.

The first booster really made my arm very sore. This one, not so bad. However, the flu-like feeling seemed to be a bit worse.

I don't like getting the flu shot until the end of October. Immunity supposedly fades. I opt to take the shot later for better protection in February and March.
I am ok with arm pain (not a big deal). I am concerned about a low grade fever and/or feeling fatigued/tired for long periods of time. I know I can take Ibuprofen. Immunity for flu shot should last till the next season. Why would take the flu shot in February and March? December to February are peak times for flu.

Old 09-10-2022, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have had 4 Moderna shots. I don't trust a company that delayed medication in order to affect elections. Arm was a little sore after each shot. My husband got the flu like symptons and went to bed.

My daughter and her husband got Pfizer. Both have had Covid and he for some reason had to deal with blood clots in his legs.
Pfizer was the first company to produce the Covid-19 vaccine though. Never heard of the delayed medication. It has to go through FDA authorization first. Are you saying both companies delayed it?

Old 09-11-2022, 03:08 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Area Man View Post
Hello. I am a 44 year old male. Tomorrow, I will be getting getting the Bivalent booster Pfizer along with the seasonal Flu shot. It was recommended that I can get both at the same time. My concerns are the normal side effects. Would my side effects be more intensified because I am getting both at the same time? I am off Sunday, Monday and Wednesday from work but also took Tuesday off just in case I need to rest.

Personally I would NOT get 2 vaccines together, especially two that can have nasty side effects.

You should plan to be down at least 24 hours after getting it. I would get one on a Friday if I was off the weekend because most people do have a reaction. Best thing to do is time it so that you're not working or have no plans, can stay in bed if need to.

Quote:
I am ok with arm pain (not a big deal). I am concerned about a low grade fever and/or feeling fatigued/tired for long periods of time. I know I can take Ibuprofen. Immunity for flu shot should last till the next season. Why would take the flu shot in February and March? December to February are peak times for flu.

IMO you're very early with the flu shot. I'd wait until November or close to it before getting one unless my area got hit bad with early flu.

I personally do not get a flu shot. Never have, do not plan to get one. My grandson stopped getting them after nursery school. Amazing that he's been pretty healthy since we stopped them. He used to come down with every cold going around when he had one.

Good luck. Post back to let us know how it goes.

Old 09-11-2022, 04:07 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Personally I would NOT get 2 vaccines together, especially two that can have nasty side effects.

You should plan to be down at least 24 hours after getting it. I would get one on a Friday if I was off the weekend because most people do have a reaction. Best thing to do is time it so that you're not working or have no plans, can stay in bed if need to.

IMO you're very early with the flu shot. I'd wait until November or close to it before getting one unless my area got hit bad with early flu.

I personally do not get a flu shot. Never have, do not plan to get one. My grandson stopped getting them after nursery school. Amazing that he's been pretty healthy since we stopped them. He used to come down with every cold going around when he had one.

Good luck. Post back to let us know how it goes.
I got the flu shot and a covid shot at the same time last year. Result was two sore arms.

The most common side effect of the covid vaccine is a sore arm.

Feeling bad enough to miss work happens about 37% of the time.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3536...0second%20dose.

The flu vaccine would not cause your grandson to "come down with every cold going around". All kids get fewer colds as they get older. Those in daycare get more.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722603/

"Children can catch colds from siblings, parents, other family members, playmates or caregivers. Children with older siblings and those who attend daycare have more colds. Once you’ve had a cold virus, you become immune to that virus, so children get fewer colds as they get older. By the time they start school, children who attended daycare will have fewer colds than other children."

Old 09-11-2022, 05:29 AM

23,865 posts, read 33,540,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I got the flu shot and a covid shot at the same time last year. Result was two sore arms.

The most common side effect of the covid vaccine is a sore arm.

Feeling bad enough to miss work happens about 37% of the time.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/3536...0second%20dose.

The flu vaccine would not cause your grandson to "come down with every cold going around". All kids get fewer colds as they get older. Those in daycare get more.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2722603/

"Children can catch colds from siblings, parents, other family members, playmates or caregivers. Children with older siblings and those who attend daycare have more colds. Once you’ve had a cold virus, you become immune to that virus, so children get fewer colds as they get older. By the time they start school, children who attended daycare will have fewer colds than other children."

According to people who actually said they had the new vaccine, they were down about 24 hours.

I prefer to go with personal input then reading links thanks.

As for my grandson, that's what happened. No flu shot, his health was great, he was still in school but didn't catch anything from anyone after not having a flu shot, so he doesn't get one.

He hasn't had the flu either

Old 09-11-2022, 05:37 AM

5,865 posts, read 11,921,592 times
I got the Pfizer shot on Wednesday. I opted not to get the flu shot at the same time. I had no reactions other than the sore arm. I wasn't so lucky when I got the original booster last December - I had a major flare up of my arthritis. This time I did not experience that.

Old 09-11-2022, 06:27 AM

949 posts, read 787,956 times
Quote:
I take the flu shot at the end of October to make sure it lasts through March.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...e-within-weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.