Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 11:59 AM

9,114 posts, read 6,155,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongevitySeeker View Post
I was not at all offended by your post because I realize that you don't know very much about me.

I'm very conscientious about my whole lifestyle, not just the eating part. This thread was about animal protein, and not meant to encompass every important lifestyle aspect.

But since you brought it up:

1) My diet consists of a "whole-foods-plant based" diet, and is very nutritious.

2) I eat a small measured amount of nuts everyday - a good variety

3) I'm active. I get both daily aerobic exercise and I workout with weights.

4) I don't smoke or drink

5) I'm a healthy weight (BMI 19)

6) Your list forgot to include stress control. I seldom have any reason to be stressed but still I meditate every day, which I enjoy.

It was so wonderful to read that you agree with me that while vegetarians are more likely to live longer than the general population, their life expectancy is no higher than that of similarly health-conscious meat eaters. It's not eliminating animal products from you diet that makes you live longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2022, 02:39 PM

761 posts, read 445,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I wasn't suggesting that George Burns should have given up smoking; I was merely using the fact that he lived to be 100 while doing so every day as what I thought was an obvious rebuttal to the poster who used their mother's meat-eating lifestyle as "evidence" that eating meat is healthy.

And for the record, I've never proselytized about veganism or even suggested to others that they should give up eating meat. In fact, I despise the vegans who do so. Not to mention the people who do so about religion and try to get me to pray to an invisible man in the sky, or go on and on about how "Lucifer" was involved in the creation of the Covid vaccine.
Proselytizing is more about trying to convert someone from one religion, belief, non-belief or opinion to another. But listing 7 ways animal protein is damaging to your health is not a belief or opinion. There's science to back it up.

And it fits in with what this board is about, stimulating conversation and suggesting things that will likely have an impact on one's health.

And there hasn't been any serious scientific challenge to the 7 ways that were listed.

As further proof, look at the overall health status of U.S. citizens, the vast majority of whom are omnivores.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0505143829.htm

The heart attack mortality rate is very high in the U.S. and is the highest compared to other high income countries.

And that's just one of many degenerative diseases.

Last edited by LongevitySeeker; 07-16-2022 at 02:51 PM..

Old 07-16-2022, 05:17 PM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Read some cancer forums and you'll find plenty of vegans there.

Old 07-16-2022, 07:17 PM

1,119 posts, read 606,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
Read some cancer forums and you'll find plenty of vegans there.
Ummmm that is irrelevant. You do realize that you can get cancer from your environment right? Second hand smoke, pollution, asbestos, etc. Heck you can even get cancer from Johnson and Johnson baby powder... and everyone has used that as a kid.

So what does that have to do with eating veggies?

Old 07-16-2022, 07:30 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,070,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Yeah, I am not buying that propaganda.
How dare you question your veganazi overlords? Off to gulag you go!

Old 07-16-2022, 07:32 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,070,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
It was so wonderful to read that you agree with me that while vegetarians are more likely to live longer than the general population, their life expectancy is no higher than that of similarly health-conscious meat eaters. It's not eliminating animal products from you diet that makes you live longer.
Wasn’t there some early hominids that were vegan? I wonder what happened to them…

Old 07-16-2022, 08:11 PM

6,569 posts, read 4,962,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post
Ummmm that is irrelevant. You do realize that you can get cancer from your environment right? Second hand smoke, pollution, asbestos, etc. Heck you can even get cancer from Johnson and Johnson baby powder... and everyone has used that as a kid.

Read the OP. They went vegan to prevent cancer.

I'm well aware there are many causes and that was exactly my point, if you read cancer forums you will find every type of person has gotten cancer.

You forgot Zantac

Old 07-16-2022, 08:22 PM

35 posts, read 24,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HodgePodge View Post

I am not interested in living to be 103.

I will smoke cigs (coffin nails) unless it is making my lungs hurt.
Then I will not inhale as much and use my 2 mg nicotine pills until my lungs are clear. I also use Clear Lung pills and Endurance pills and Oregano Oil in the hot shower to remove the flem. I drink 2 shots of Captain Morgan Rum daily in hot tea at night and maybe 5 lite COLD beers daily unless it gives me gout. then I quit.
I drink the Chocolate protein shakes with zero sugar. I try to eat like a diabetic do 15 grams of sugar or less daily if I can and 120 grams of carbs. Caulifour makes my farts stinky like broccillo but is has that fiber. I also quit alcohol every 3 months for 3 months.

420 is good in edible or cookie form and psychedelic shrooms are good fiber.

Old 07-17-2022, 06:17 AM

6,931 posts, read 6,864,193 times
OK, to bring a couple more aspects of this into the discussion which no-one has mentioned yet:

Much of our meat, foul and fish these days are laced with antibiotics and hormones. I know this is an unpopular topic with the meat etc industries and they do everything they can to place a good perspective on their industries but it is true, there are many procedures which are used by agriculture which add toxic substances to our food. That all goes into our body and creates stress on our organs of filter and eliminations - liver, kidneys, etc. It gets taken up into our bloodstream and circulates our body - often lodging in various places and causing lumps and bumps and upset to our natural bodily processes. All of this to bring the animals to market quicker and ensure they dont get diseases which will mean they cannot be sold for food. Not to mention the toxins which flood the body of an animal which knows it is on its way to market and is about to get killed. These toxins stay in the bloodstream and liver of the animal as it is being processed. We eat all of that.

Yes, even GM plants, corn , soya, etc are "messed with" to increase the yield and bring products to market quicker. Crops as well as fruit is sprayed with anti-bug preparations and that dried liquid stays in the well near the stalk when the fruit is picked and also (probably) on the skin of the fruit. All of that goes into fruit juices, and other processed foods made from those farmed fruits.

The other point which is going to be controversial is that animals are Gods creatures, No?
Regardless of the Bible saying we have 'dominion' over the animals and birds, they are still God's creatures. It does not say that we can eat them and abuse them before we kill them. We waste much of what we put on our plate. That is not respectful of the food energy we put into our bodies.

Old 07-17-2022, 07:24 AM

6,988 posts, read 4,809,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie69 View Post
I am not interested in living to be 103.

I will smoke cigs (coffin nails) unless it is making my lungs hurt.
Then I will not inhale as much and use my 2 mg nicotine pills until my lungs are clear. I also use Clear Lung pills and Endurance pills and Oregano Oil in the hot shower to remove the flem. I drink 2 shots of Captain Morgan Rum daily in hot tea at night and maybe 5 lite COLD beers daily unless it gives me gout. then I quit.
I drink the Chocolate protein shakes with zero sugar. I try to eat like a diabetic do 15 grams of sugar or less daily if I can and 120 grams of carbs. Caulifour makes my farts stinky like broccillo but is has that fiber. I also quit alcohol every 3 months for 3 months.

420 is good in edible or cookie form and psychedelic shrooms are good fiber.
I realize this poster is no longer a member. I just wanted to point out that 2 shots of rum and 5 beers a day is hardly “eating like a diabetic.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness