Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 07:41 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,162,875 times

Advertisements

Hi Citi Data,

I’m reaching out to see if any of you have had any hearing loss or tinnitus since you have had the Covid vaccine? I have a family member who developed both tinnitus and hearing loss after the second vaccine shot. We are hoping this is temporary but after searching online it seems like the people who have this issue still suffer from it.
Any feed back will be greatly appreciated. And please let me know what vaccine you got if you or someone you know had this issue.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2021, 02:03 AM

334 posts, read 188,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Hi Citi Data,

I’m reaching out to see if any of you have had any hearing loss or tinnitus since you have had the Covid vaccine? I have a family member who developed both tinnitus and hearing loss after the second vaccine shot. We are hoping this is temporary but after searching online it seems like the people who have this issue still suffer from it.
Any feed back will be greatly appreciated. And please let me know what vaccine you got if you or someone you know had this issue.

Thanks!
Check this Sub Reddit link. There's lots and lots of information about vaxxcine side-effects from people who are actually experiencing them. Everything from arm soreness to severe side-effects like people breaking out in hives all over their body and itching to being paralyzed. They offer plenty of solutions they've tried to get rid of the side-effects as well. Hope this helps. Good Luck...!!!

Old 10-08-2021, 08:26 AM

15 posts, read 19,733 times
I'm just stumbling on all of this. I got J&J mid-June (against my better judgement). For over a week now, I've had a headache on and off (at first I thought it was a migraine which I get rarely, like maybe once a year), some dizziness on and off, and ringing in my right ear. I did also once have vertigo (many many years ago), so I was worried maybe I was getting vertigo again.

But the ear ringing/tinnitus is a new symptom (and it's often accompanied by feeling very warm all of a sudden). Because it's now been over a week of these symptoms, I googled "feeling hot and ringing in ear" and a bunch of stuff came up about tinnitus after a cv jab. I looked further and found many reports of people developing tinnitus and/or dizziness after their jabs. Then I found a Reddit thread where someone mentioned the tinnitus started about two months after their J&J shot. I'm about 3 months post-jab. Of course it could all just be coincidence, but I also found this article that dizziness and tinnitus have now been listed as J&J side effects. https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/news/me...-5-august-2021 (this might just be in Europe; I'm not sure)

Old 10-08-2021, 08:59 AM

732 posts, read 602,530 times
I've had constant tinnitus for years. It came on without an immediate cause. Probably due to listening to too much loud music when I was younger, although the tinnitus started decades after those loud-music years. It's hard to pinpoint a cause because the functional onset of the damage is SO delayed for most people. Once you're over 50 you could point to just about anything in the last 40 years of your life and say "it must be that". Since the vaccine is something fairly recent you may be inclined to attach the tinnitus to that, and since a huge number of older people are getting vaxxed in the last year the fact that some (perhaps many) are now experiencing tinnitus could create a false impression as to the cause. It happens to a lot of people. Most people are older when it happens. Until/unless someone can show a persuasive biological effect some element of the vaccine might have on the specific neural damage that causes tinnitus, I would be very wary of anecdotal associations by people self-diagnosing. I mean, it may be true that it's a side effect but also may very well prove to be an unrelated issue for most of the folks reporting it.

Not sure if you're referring to an older person or not, but although tinnitus is more common in older people, it can affect younger ones too. My daughter, who did not expose herself to deafening music in her life, has it at 30, plus some unexplained hearing loss in one ear. This developed 2 years ago, well before her COVID vax.

That said, it is something most people who have it just learn to live with. I hope you find it either lessens or else you/they just adapt to it. I will say that one thing that makes it WAY worse is to give it extra attention.

Last edited by Jessie Mitchell; 10-08-2021 at 10:12 AM..

Old 10-09-2021, 11:16 PM

423 posts, read 282,904 times
It could be that your Eustachian Tube is blocked and just happened out of the blue and at the same time you were vaccinated. But check with your Doctor for a proper diagnosis.

Old 10-28-2021, 12:54 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
I've heard from all the sources I've followed this Tinnitus is a big side effect. I have not taken the jab and will not.

Old 10-28-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propop View Post
Check this Sub Reddit link. There's lots and lots of information about vaxxcine side-effects from people who are actually experiencing them. Everything from arm soreness to severe side-effects like people breaking out in hives all over their body and itching to being paralyzed. They offer plenty of solutions they've tried to get rid of the side-effects as well. Hope this helps. Good Luck...!!!
So so many side effects reported to death. I am on a group who works with NAC to work to get the "stuff" reduced in their bodies. Most on the group do not do the jabs, but have people in their lives who have and are dealing with issues.

Old 10-28-2021, 05:49 PM

3,439 posts, read 2,414,310 times
1. /reddit is not a reliable source for anything other than unreliable sources. It has no other function, at all, to anyone, anywhere. Think of it as the National Enquirer, for people who can't put together coherent sentences. A think-tank for the thoughtless.

2. I live in a community of over 130,000 people most of whom are over the age of 55. Over 80% of us have been either partially or fully vaccinated, some of us have had a booster. A handful have had breakthrough illness, but there are zero (none, zilch) reports of anyone suffering lingering OR severe (needing hospitalization or resulting in death) side-effects of the vaccination.

3. There have been deaths from COVID-19 prior to the vaccine, and there have been folks hospitalized due to COVID-19 prior to the vaccine. Some folks who were fully vaccinated, contracted COVID-19 prior to the vaccine and presented symptoms after the vaccine. Those folks typically get the monoclonal antibodies, and seem to recover well. But again, none of that is from the vaccine, it's from the virus that the vaccine helps reduce your risk of getting in the first place.

Old 10-28-2021, 05:54 PM

3,439 posts, read 2,414,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
So so many side effects reported to death. I am on a group who works with NAC to work to get the "stuff" reduced in their bodies. Most on the group do not do the jabs, but have people in their lives who have and are dealing with issues.
It's great that you agree that pharmaceuticals have use! NAC is an FDA-approved drug.

Old 10-28-2021, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
It's great that you agree that pharmaceuticals have use! NAC is an FDA-approved drug.
I don't believe so, NAC is available otc. I've never taken it, but I know my neighbor friend takes it daily and others on a health forum also work with it.

Just looking on some sites and some brands are sold out. Many I believe have heard about the NAC protocol.

N-Acetyl-Cysteine (NAC) is a stable and bioactive form of L-Cysteine, an amino acid that plays a key role in phase II detoxification and homocysteine metabolism.* NAC is efficiently transported into the cell, where it is readily converted to cysteine for glutathione synthesis and regeneration.* Because NAC can penetrate the blood-brain-barrier, it is especially important for maintaining healthy brain and nervous system tissues.* NAC also helps to support respiratory health by promoting normal mucus viscosity.*

• Supports Glutathione Production*
• Healthy Respiratory Function*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness