Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 09:03 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,301,028 times

Advertisements

You wake up horny because you're a man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 10:10 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,190,813 times
An early symptom of type II diabetes is sleep disturbance. You can have your blood tested pretty easily. Google diabetes symptoms to see if any of them, besides your inability to sleep, match yours. Feeling tired is another symptom.

See your doc and describe your symptoms. If you have family history, or are overweight, I recommend seeing your doc for an evaluation.

Old 09-05-2021, 06:39 PM

318 posts, read 180,006 times
Okay thanks. There hasn't been any history that I can think of accept for an Aunt. I can get checked. Well what about waking up horny, is it just because I a man, or could this be part of the problem, why I am not sleeping long enough?

Old 09-06-2021, 12:41 AM

23,876 posts, read 33,595,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhamilton View Post
Okay thanks. There hasn't been any history that I can think of accept for an Aunt. I can get checked. Well what about waking up horny, is it just because I a man, or could this be part of the problem, why I am not sleeping long enough?

I wrote you out a pretty large reply, which you said nothing about.

Old 09-06-2021, 12:45 AM

318 posts, read 180,006 times
Thanks, sorry! I read your post. I can try midnite and see how it goes. If I try it after I sleep 4-5 hours, my main concern is that it will take at least an hour to take effect, so that is at least another hour being taking longer to sleep, so as long as that doesn't interfere with anything of course.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:25 AM

23,876 posts, read 33,595,201 times
Quote:
Thanks, sorry! I read your post. I can try midnite and see how it goes. If I try it after I sleep 4-5 hours, my main concern is that it will take at least an hour to take effect, so that is at least another hour being taking longer to sleep, so as long as that doesn't interfere with anything of course.

I keep a sheet of midnite next to the bed to take if I wake up. You want to be prepared to just take it when you wake up, otherwise your chances of falling back to sleep go down if you're like me.

Try taking one before bed, so you can see if it will help you sleep more hours before waking up. If you do wake up, take one, then close your eyes. You should be sleeping fairly quickly.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:35 AM

2,098 posts, read 2,503,354 times
OP, a few thoughts...

-It is normal that people sleep deeply and for longer periods earlier in the night. As you get towards morning, you will wake more often and have shorter cycles where you fall back asleep. This is normal!

-Make sure you are practicing good sleep hygiene. Always go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time, even on weekends. Do not spend more than 8 hours in bed. Do not nap.

-Make sure your bedroom is conducive to good sleep. It should be dark, cold, and relaxing. Some recommend against having a TV in there. I do know some people who are able to fall asleep with the TV on, and set a timer for it to go off after so many minutes.

-If your concern is waking in the early morning hours (which, remember--everyone starts to wake more often and sleep for shorter stretches as they near morning), you might try having an audiobook ready to go that you can program to play for 15 minutes then have it automatically shut off. If you're still awake after 15 minutes, listen to a little more. It will help your mind relax to focus on something else rather than having anxiety over not sleeping, and you may just fall asleep!

-Try to exercise daily. It will make you more tired. Even going for a nice 30 minute walk is good.

-Do not eat too close to bedtime. Do not take naps during the day.

Old 09-14-2021, 10:39 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,065,244 times
Quote:

Does anyone have any idea what I can do? My gf suggested weed, and that helped knock me out for 10 hours on my day off. But I do not want to have to do that every night and I don't even like weed much though. It was my first time trying it, and it's just not for me I don't think.

But is there anything else that can help that well, or no?

Might want to try valerian root capsules, from which the drug valium is derived.

Old 09-14-2021, 11:01 AM

1,187 posts, read 996,098 times
I skimmed through most of the replies, so I may have missed this, but I don't think so. Seems no one has suggested that maybe it's sleep apnea? I would ask my doctor to do a sleep study on me to see if you have sleep apnea. That would be the first and most logical thing that may be causing the tiredness and the less hours of sleep.

That being said, as you get older your sleep patterns do change. Have you tried meditation? Most medicines including natural ones are for putting you to sleep, not keeping you asleep. Some have longer acting affects than others. Actually most of the things people have already suggested are mostly to put you to sleep, not keep you there. My husbands doctor said there's not much they can do about keeping someone asleep. He has the same issue as you do, just not 100% of the time.

Try the sleep study and see what they have to say!

Old 09-14-2021, 11:20 PM

2 posts, read 777 times
I manage to get a sleep for 4-5 hours everyday. But some day i am unable to as I am distracted with thoughts or anxiety.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness