Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2021, 07:55 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
In UK the ratio is 12:13 last report, in Singapore the ratio is already skewed toward more infections amongst those with the mitigative shots than those without.

The UK expects the ratio to skew in a few days or weeks.

That's just one factor, among many.

Point is, though, by now it is clear that the mitigative shots provide dubious and waning protection against infection, though so far apparently still highly effective against hospitalization and death.

So there's that too.

Good Luck!
Yes, but the same data also says that even though vaccinated people in Singapore make up 75% of the people infected, few fall ill. The point of the vaccine was never to eradicate illness entirely, but to keep people who got sick from falling violently ill and dying/having long-term side effects.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2021, 08:35 AM

9,364 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
The point of the vaccine was never to eradicate illness entirely, but to keep people who got sick from falling violently ill and dying/having long-term side effects.
Agree.

But these mitigative shots were mass-marketed in mystical terms.

And it was irresponsible to give green lights for people to run amok prematurely, because of greed and lack of discipline.

Irresponsible but not useless.

All the best!

Old 07-30-2021, 08:53 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I expect all sorts of variants over the months and years. I also expect (and am glad to see happening) the death and hospitalization rates to go down, especially among those vaccinated.

Old 07-30-2021, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
Yes, but the same data also says that even though vaccinated people in Singapore make up 75% of the people infected, few fall ill. The point of the vaccine was never to eradicate illness entirely, but to keep people who got sick from falling violently ill and dying/having long-term side effects.
Thank you - and being hospitalized. So far so good here!

I don't want to get sick with anything, but I figure as long as I live, I live among various viruses and bacteria and may get sick with something or other, especially if I take unnecessary risks. So I keep my immune system in good shape, I stay active, I wear a mask when told by authorities to do so, wash my hands more often and also social distance (the easiest thing by far - LOL), and I get all recommended vaccines.

I am almost disgustingly healthy. I mean, I take zero prescription drugs and every time I tell someone this at the doctor's office, they are surprised. It makes me wonder how many people are actually taking prescription drugs and if all of them are necessary. But my husband took Losartan (it didn't work, he died of a massive heart attack anyway, at age 62) so there's that. And I know many prescription drugs ARE necessary - I'm just glad I don't have to take them.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:19 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
That's not what that means. They may be capable once infected of being equally able to spread the virus. However, that doesn't mean the vaxxed are spreading the virus as much as the unvaxxed unless infection rates are the same between vaxxed and unvaxxed which I've seen no data to support.

Seems to me may be as transmissible means what that says. I believe that is based on a party in the NE where lots of vaccinated people came down with covid and gave it to each other. Clearly there have been situations where covid has spread quickly from vaccinated people in this case to other vaccinated people. But if there are other factors for it to occur who knows.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:21 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
The CDC said that infections with the Delta variant lead more often to severe illness. That fact was already known, and has nothing to do with whether the infection was in or came from a vaccinated person with a breakthrough case.

I agree with that. I went to my local Walmart in my smallish town in Northern Oklahoma. All employees in all Walmarts are required to wear masks again starting today. About half the customers were wearing them also. Probably the most I have seen so far since the pandemic began.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:21 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
With naturally occurring viruses, mutations often result in less transmissible (and less deadly) offspring.
Delta may be an exception to the rule.
Or, it may be further proof that this virus was engineered in the Wuhan Virology Institute.
No, they are typically MORE transmissible and less deadly. It's counterproductive for a virus to mutate into a form LESS likely to spread itself.

Old 07-30-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Agree.

But these mitigative shots were mass-marketed in mystical terms.

And it was irresponsible to give green lights for people to run amok prematurely, because of greed and lack of discipline.

Irresponsible but not useless.

All the best!
People hear what they want to hear and sadly, I am realizing most people are simply not that smart or logical.

Heck even my smart dad would pass along unsubstantiated stuff that he "agreed with" on the surface. I remember one time he posted something about some verse in the Koran, and get this - that verse doesn't even exist. But did he check it before he posted it? Nope, because the post he passed on "agreed with" his overall philosophy of life. Never mind that it wasn't even true at all.

I called his hand on it - he researched it and took the post down.

And I'm not even Muslim! LOL but it was super easy to research.

Old 07-30-2021, 10:10 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle...=3536220&faf=1

This is without a doubt the most frightening article that I have read since the Pandemic started. Much more frightening than my original COVID post 3/20/2020

http:////www.city-data.com/forum/cur...ce-thread.html

I am not talking about vaccines, this is about this virus and it's ability to change and mutate rapidly.

I am certainly not talking about politics and the CDC.

I know, and respect, both Drs Nelson and their Institutions. To me, this Medscape article is a wake up call and deserves reading and respecting!
Here's a fun study re: Gamma

https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/27...27_article#r12

Out of the 44 workers, 25 were fully vaccinated & 3 vaccinated with one dose. There were 14 vaccine clinical failures out of 28 vaccinated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
With naturally occurring viruses, mutations often result in less transmissible (and less deadly) offspring.
Delta may be an exception to the rule.
Or, it may be further proof that this virus was engineered in the Wuhan Virology Institute.
It's additional proof, yes. We've have had substantial proof that the virus came from a lab since 2020.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1insider View Post
Except that those viruses (natural or otherwise) that persist and survive are the ones that are most successful at transmission. As long as we have a substantial population of unvaccinated people we can expect that mutation factory to produce more variants and the more infectious of those to spread.
Break down what you said & read it again.

"Those viruses that persist and survive are the ones that are most successful at transmission"

Does the virus persist in the unvaccinated, more than in the vaccinated? No, actually. The viral load (Delta) is just as high in the vaccinated as it is in the unvaccinated.

Do the unvaccinated viral hosts survive more than the unvaccinated hosts do? No, not according to what we are told. We are being told we are much more likely to SURVIVE an infection if we are vaccinated.

Therefore, if we are looking at who is more likely to be the host who causes the virus to both persist AND survive, leading to higher transmission; we are looking at the vaccinated population as our "mutation factory".

Old 07-30-2021, 10:13 AM

8,078 posts, read 7,436,873 times
More proof that the cockroaches will bury us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness