Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 06:51 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

How should we approach this issue FROM A HEALTH PERSPECTIVE, with what we know now? How should we be prepared, both personally, as a region, a country, the world? Your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2021, 09:12 AM

4,873 posts, read 3,603,191 times
Full mask mandates, mandatory vaccination to enter public places, and remote schooling until kids are vaccinated while community transmission is high.

Old 07-16-2021, 09:43 AM

11,054 posts, read 6,648,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMiller View Post
Full mask mandates, mandatory vaccination to enter public places, and remote schooling until kids are vaccinated while community transmission is high.
Probably this, as unpleasant as it sounds. The schooling issue will be so difficult for parents.

Now that more young people are being affected, the ante is up.

Everyone here is masked and getting vaccinated. What else can we do!

Old 07-16-2021, 11:51 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,979,734 times
My family and I are vaccinated....that's how we are prepared.

My thoughts: Get vaccinated.

Old 07-16-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
My family and I are vaccinated....that's how we are prepared.

My thoughts: Get vaccinated.
That's how I feel too.

I'll go one step further - if you need a booster, get a booster. This is a work in progress. We haven't dealt with a full blown pandemic in the modern age before. There are bound to be missteps and miscalculations as we all learn from this.

Meanwhile, I've been vaccinated since March and feel fantastic.

Old 07-16-2021, 05:00 PM

Grace. Good lord, give some grace.

This virus isn't political. Quit using it for political ends and just chill out.

Old 07-16-2021, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I think you guys are really arrogant. Many people have gotten covid with vaccines and died. In addition they have died from the vaccine.
Sorry you feel that way. The evidence is overwhelming that the vaccine is effective. Is it 100 percent effective? No. No vaccine is. Oh well.

Don't get it if you don't feel comfortable with it but don't judge others who do choose to get it. I did fine with it and still - so far, so good, so no regrets. But you do you.

I don't even know anyone who has been hospitalized with covid - so that's one perspective.

Old 07-16-2021, 05:25 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Sorry you feel that way. The evidence is overwhelming that the vaccine is effective. Is it 100 percent effective? No. No vaccine is. Oh well.
I will judge who I want to. But what I am saying is that as we go into the fall and winter there is zero guarantee that the vaccines will be effective.

There is no proof that the reduction in cases and deaths is because of the vaccine (and not the weather / time of year) and the next few weeks will really tell the tale.

Right now cases have gone from 10K a day in the USA to 40K and, if deaths go up as well, it will be obvious that the vaccines aren't that good.

You would be arrogant to be skipping around at the moment sure that your vaccine will keep you safe when you simply don't know and, you simply don't know if another booster will be safe.

Old 07-16-2021, 05:35 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,442,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I will judge who I want to. But what I am saying is that as we go into the fall and winter there is zero guarantee that the vaccines will be effective.

There is no proof that the reduction in cases and deaths is because of the vaccine (and not the weather / time of year) and the next few weeks will really tell the tale.

Right now cases have gone from 10K a day in the USA to 40K and, if deaths go up as well, it will be obvious that the vaccines aren't that good.

You would be arrogant to be skipping around at the moment sure that your vaccine will keep you safe when you simply don't know and, you simply don't know if another booster will be safe.
Virtually everyone dying of Covid-19 today is someone who did not get vaccinated.

Surely, that cannot be a coincidence.

Old 07-16-2021, 05:35 PM

13,075 posts, read 7,515,583 times
Maskup in crowded, confined or low ventilated areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness