Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 05:41 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,886,374 times

Advertisements

You know who was wrong? All the people predicting that the baseball game in Arlington would be a super spreader event - remember that? Crickets...crickets...

On a smaller scale, my husband's funeral was in September 2020 (no, no trace of COVID in him). Well over 200 people, maybe more than that. Not a mask in sight and frankly I couldn't track or enforce that anyway. I was worried sick, on top of the grief, about some sort of super spreader event. Once again, not a single case of COVID.

I've very consistently stated that I track deaths, not cases, and the reason I track deaths (and hospitalizations) is because so many people I know were either asymptomatic or had a very, very mild illness - one that wouldn't even register as anything worse than a mild cold 0R ALLERGIES for that matter. So sorry - I don't much care about a mild disease. I mean, I do care a bit, but a mild disease shouldn't shut down the world economy. Good lord!

As I've also stated, I don't know anyone who either 1) died from COVID, or 2) died or even had any significant adverse reaction to the vaccine. And before someone says something snarky, yes, I do know a lot of people.

I live in a metro area of around 250,000 1.5 hours east of Dallas and 2 hours west of Shreveport, LA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2021, 05:48 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,545,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I've very consistently stated that I track deaths, not cases, and the reason I track deaths (and hospitalizations) is because so many people I know were either asymptomatic or had a very, very mild illness - one that wouldn't even register as anything worse than a mild cold 0R ALLERGIES for that matter. So sorry - I don't much care about a mild disease. I mean, I do care a bit, but a mild disease shouldn't shut down the world economy. Good lord!

Serious cases have jumped up by 2000 cases in just the last week in the USA. From 3000 to 5000. I just see another rerun of last fall and winter.

Even the projections now have deaths at around 700 per day in the USA by fall. Not as bad as the 2000 we were having last year but not great. Especially considering we *should* have substantial immunity by now and a lot of the weakest have already passed.

Old 07-18-2021, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post

My prediction: Is that the vaccines will start to wane by August, prior to the boosters being available. The boosters may have an even higher rate of adverse events associated with them than the covid vaccines in general do. It's hard to imagine anything being worse, as the number of deaths following Covid vaccination reported to VAERS now exceeds the total number of deaths reported to VAERS for all other vaccines combined over the past 30 years (Covid vaccine = 9,048 vs. all other vaccines combined = 8,886).
https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html?fb...Oo7rd_6Wqt1Mu8

Regardless, the boosters will likely somehow, be even worse; possibly due in part to ADE.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7943455/

Additionally, after the flu vaccine campaign begins in late September, we will see a rise in covid rates by October; just like we did in Sep-Oct 2020. Hopefully not as bad.

Not to sound like the cackling crone in the tent at a gypsy carnival or anything ... but remember that all my predictions last year here on CD came true. Nobody has argued that with me, they just blame my being right on everything else (holidays, protests, reopenings, mandates, etc ...) Like really; I'm not that lucky to have been "accidentally right", multiple times but whatever.

So, the takeaway is that we will have a wave starting around August, where even press releases can't claim that they are all unvaccinated. This will be followed by a bigger wave by late October. Since I don't know when the boosters will be available, I can't predict any further.

As a matter of public health; it is extremely important that Ivermectin be used widespread, in early stages of infection. It should have been being used this entire time & not as many people would be dead. It will be even more important this Fall.

*rubs hands together & cackles "hee-hee, my pretty"

Or I could be completely wrong, lol but if you think your experts know (or will use what they know) any better than any of us posters do; you will be disappointed.
I have to say something about your predictive talents. For starters, it's easy enough to "predict" that vaccines will wane in August, since they've already begun to wane in July.

Secondly, I take it you're talking about cases, not deaths, when you predict that they will rise. First of all, no one is saying the CASE NUMBERS won't rise - in fact, they are rising worldwide already and slightly in the US, so sorry but that's not a shot in the dark by a long shot. The DEATH RATE doesn't seem to be rising in countries with higher vaccination rates. Countries with lower vaccination rates, like Indonesia (about 15 percent are fully vaccinated) - well, unfortunately, their cases and deaths are going up.
https://graphics.reuters.com/world-c...ut-and-access/

Oh, just checked on new deaths and increases and my hunch was apparently right - for instance, Yemen is ATE UP with COVID and their vaccination rate is 1 percent.

Interesting that China's reported death rate is over 4 percent by the way, over double the US death rate. In fact, if you look at the countries by death rate, well, personally I wouldn't want to live in any of the countries with a death rate of 3 percent or higher - even with no COVID to factor in. And those countries all seem to have very low vaccination rates.

These are two cool charts or lists for some country by country comparison:
https://graphics.reuters.com/world-c...ut-and-access/
https://www.statista.com/statistics/...tes-worldwide/

By the way, and this is a GENERAL statement, not directed at you personally - people keep talking about how there's a two week lag between cases and deaths, and maybe there is but I want to point out that both cases and deaths have been being reported pretty much simultaneously, without a significant lag of two weeks or whatever in numbers.

Israel has a full vaccination rate of 57 percent. The US has a full vaccination rate of 49 percent. I've been looking up random countries and then looking at their death rates and get this - I can't find a country with a full vaccination rate close to 50 percent and a high death rate. Interesting. Can you find one? For instance, I just looked up Chile - it has a high full vaccination rate and a low death rate. Same with Uruguay. Same with the United Kingdom and Spain. See, I told you - random country look ups! LOL

There's been a lot of talk about Israel on this thread and others. Israel is averaging about 1 to 2 (DOUBLING - EGADS!) deaths per day - when they have a death. 99 percent of the cases in Israel are mild. Just to clarify the situation.

Old 07-18-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
Serious cases have jumped up by 2000 cases in just the last week in the USA. From 3000 to 5000. I just see another rerun of last fall and winter.

Even the projections now have deaths at around 700 per day in the USA by fall. Not as bad as the 2000 we were having last year but not great. Especially considering we *should* have substantial immunity by now and a lot of the weakest have already passed.
What's your source for "serious cases" rising by 2000 cases in the US? How do you qualify "serious?" Just curious.

I found this site to be very interesting:
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/c...ns-per-million

Old 07-18-2021, 07:17 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,216,461 times
I wonder if the vaccine hysteria is going to stop people from getting regular flu shots. Never mind Covid, this could lead to really bad flu seasons in the future.

Facebook has become the most trusted medical authority in America.

Old 07-18-2021, 07:26 AM

7,234 posts, read 4,545,735 times
Quote:
What's your source for "serious cases" rising by 2000 cases in the US? How do you qualify "serious?" Just curious.
World -o-Meter..

In any event the lies about cases increasing in the last weeks in places where many are not vaccinated have got to stop.

Both California and Massachusetts had massive gains last week and both are HIGH vaccination places. 70% of the population vaccinated.

The lowest increase in cases was South Dakota. 46% of the population vaccinated.

The cases are spreading due to population density.

https://graphics.reuters.com/HEALTH-...S/dgkvlgkrkpb/

Old 07-18-2021, 08:13 AM

19,023 posts, read 27,579,284 times
Quote:
You know who was wrong? All the people predicting that the baseball game in Arlington would be a super spreader event - remember that? Crickets...crickets...

On a smaller scale, my husband's funeral was in September 2020 (no, no trace of COVID in him). Well over 200 people, maybe more than that. Not a mask in sight and frankly I couldn't track or enforce that anyway. I was worried sick, on top of the grief, about some sort of super spreader event. Once again, not a single case of COVID.

As I've also stated, I don't know anyone who either 1) died from COVID, or 2) died or even had any significant adverse reaction to the vaccine. And before someone says something snarky, yes, I do know a lot of people.

I live in a metro area of around 250,000 1.5 hours east of Dallas and 2 hours west of Shreveport, LA.

Thank you, KAthryn. Sorry for your loss. Great post. I appreciate unintended backup.

I have friendly suggestion though. Read up on psychosomatic disease development. Also known as iatrogenic. Maybe, stop tracking deaths and discontinue ALL media for a week or two? Watch, how your worries melt away, as the result.
Be well.

Old 07-18-2021, 08:41 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,098,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Thank you, KAthryn. Sorry for your loss. Great post. I appreciate unintended backup.

I have friendly suggestion though. Read up on psychosomatic disease development. Also known as iatrogenic. Maybe, stop tracking deaths and discontinue ALL media for a week or two? Watch, how your worries melt away, as the result.
Be well.
Iatrogenic actually means a condition caused by medical treatment.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/iatrogenic

Say, a doctor recommends a surgery for you based on a misdiagnosis & you end up worse after the surgery than you were before. Or they prescribe a medication that is contraindicated for you & you wind up in the ER having an adverse reaction.

While I do agree that people in general have been succumbed to a sort of mass psychosomatic effect with the media's constant doom & gloom since this fiasco started, KA has actually been pretty level-headed through it all. Probably one of the least psychosomatic posters here.

As far as my gloom & doom predictions regarding the vaccines, that comes from my actual iatrogenic experiences & family history of adverse events following vaccination. It's not psychosomatic, I deal with real-life repercussions from vaccine injury every day.

Old 07-18-2021, 09:19 AM

5,710 posts, read 4,282,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Iatrogenic actually means a condition caused by medical treatment.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/iatrogenic

Say, a doctor recommends a surgery for you based on a misdiagnosis & you end up worse after the surgery than you were before. Or they prescribe a medication that is contraindicated for you & you wind up in the ER having an adverse reaction.

While I do agree that people in general have been succumbed to a sort of mass psychosomatic effect with the media's constant doom & gloom since this fiasco started, KA has actually been pretty level-headed through it all. Probably one of the least psychosomatic posters here.

As far as my gloom & doom predictions regarding the vaccines, that comes from my actual iatrogenic experiences & family history of adverse events following vaccination. It's not psychosomatic, I deal with real-life repercussions from vaccine injury every day.

Here's a new term, antivaxogenic, for all the people who get sick and possibly die, transmit disease to other people who then transmit get sick or possibly die, all due to believing antivax misinformation.

Old 07-18-2021, 09:44 AM

19,023 posts, read 27,579,284 times
This should help everyone with understanding and personal choices:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU6N6s31WjA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness