Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2021, 09:51 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Results

Each study group included 596,618 persons. Estimated vaccine effectiveness for the study outcomes at days 14 through 20 after the first dose and at 7 or more days after the second dose was as follows: for documented infection, 46% (95% confidence interval [CI], 40 to 51) and 92% (95% CI, 88 to 95); for symptomatic Covid-19, 57% (95% CI, 50 to 63) and 94% (95% CI, 87 to 98); for hospitalization, 74% (95% CI, 56 to 86) and 87% (95% CI, 55 to 100); and for severe disease, 62% (95% CI, 39 to 80) and 92% (95% CI, 75 to 100), respectively. Estimated effectiveness in preventing death from Covid-19 was 72% (95% CI, 19 to 100) for days 14 through 20 after the first dose. Estimated effectiveness in specific subpopulations assessed for documented infection and symptomatic Covid-19 was consistent across age groups, with potentially slightly lower effectiveness in persons with multiple coexisting conditions.
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2101765

Please, pay attention to SHORT TERM after vaccination. Study is not for long period and, to be honest, results are rather not stellar, with reasonably low efficiency. And short term. Hence, boosters. Question is, how much vaccine can one, actually take? Without following long term adverse results? Does ANYONE have a LONG TERM research done on that? No. Does ANYONE know, what the results will be? No. As in - know, not guess or assume. This is why new vaccines take around five years for approval.

TEL AVIV—About half of adults infected in an outbreak of the Delta variant of Covid-19 in Israel were fully inoculated with the Pfizer Inc. vaccine, prompting the government to reimpose an indoor mask requirement and other measures to contain the highly transmissible strain.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/vaccina...ak-11624624326

Israel is example because they had about the highest vaccination rate in the world. Yes, it is a new strain but, there are already : eta, iota, kappa and lambda strains assigned. They are called VOI, or variants of interest for SARS 2. Easy Google search. So how much vaccination will human body take, each time having immune system influenced, before it goes into immunodeficiency response? Anyone has research on that?
The reason why there are no long term studies on COVID 19 vaccinations is because the vaccines haven't been used widely and long enough for there to be quality long term studies. And so what if we have to get a booster shot? Personally it doesn't bother me, but then I get the flu shot every year. In the past I forgot to get it one year and got the flu but every year that I get the flu vaccine, I don't get the flu - any flu. So there's that.

So basically here's how I respond to any vaccine I've ever gotten: Well. Few side effects, if any. Don't get whatever illness I've been vaccinated for. However, if I don't get a vaccine, I often do get whatever disease (flu and tetanus come to mind immediately - I've had both when I wasn't vaccinated but have never had any disease I was vaccinated for).

Research is still being done and I'm OK with that. It's a new world, a new disease, all that good stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2021, 10:30 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Your link cites the same AP analysis I linked to. The AP analyzed available government data for the month of May only. An average of 5 fully vaccinated people died per day that month according to the data the CDC told the AP was incomplete and likely understated.

I have no reason to doubt that the majority of deaths are unvaccinated but you said 'virtually everyone' which was misinformation. You made that up.

The most surprising to me was to learn that NO ONE is actually tracking vaccinated vs unvaccinated deaths. Even the CDC admitted that.
It's not misinformation, and I didn't make anything up.

The CDC has also done their own study and says that 99.5% of deaths were in the unvaccinated. It covers cases since January one month after the first shots were given.

Additionally, health care professionals are all reporting the same thing when they are interviewed.

State of MD reported 100% of deaths in June were in the unvaccinated.

That's about as close to virtually everyone as you can get and certainly far greater than just a majority.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...h=49f8e900493d

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimam...h=a05aad85782e

Old 07-17-2021, 10:57 AM

1,147 posts, read 861,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Results

//www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2101765[/url][/i]

Please, pay attention to SHORT TERM after vaccination. Study is not for long period and, to be honest, results are rather not stellar, with reasonably low efficiency. And short term. Hence, boosters. Question is, how much vaccine can one, actually take? Without following long term adverse results? Does ANYONE have a LONG TERM research done on that? No. Does ANYONE know, what the results will be? No. As in - know, not guess or assume. This is why new vaccines take around five years for approval.
Every vaccine is different and so there isn't any universal single vaccine which means all results can vary based on the specific vaccine and the specific variant of the virus one is talking about.

Yes, the studies can detect short term safety issues with regards to the virus and efficacy to specific virus variants. All pre-release vaccine studies do not address the very long term safety issues. We just finished one long term safety study post release of 12 years following on HPV vaccine. That is the normal way that vaccines are evaluated.

A large part of the reason why vaccines take 5 years to complete is because the stages or phases of study for approval are sequential and not simultaneous. They also use small amount of people that normally is about 5 or 10,000 people. With COVID vaccines like Pfizer all the phases were done all at once and the study was expanded to 30,000 people to get more safety issues out of the way. Because there is a small number of people used in the classical studies it isn't unusual to see some short term effects that were missed with studies after the vaccine was released. Increasing the number of participants in the initial studies aided in detecting short term side effects equivalent to the 5 year classical studies.

One does not know for sure what the safety record will be at five or ten years until we wait five or ten years. One can not predict. History shows that most vaccine adverse events occur immediately or short term over weeks. Some vaccines have even been removed from the market after studies eventually showed them to be unsafe because of short term effects. We have not seen any significant AE's over the long term with vaccines. I do not recall any vaccine being withdrawn nor show adverse effects because of long term studies. There is no expected long term effects with the mRNA vaccines.

If one waits for long term studies that take ten years then the vaccine might not be effective against the prevailing variant at the time and one would see millions of death during that time. It really doesn't make sense to wait for long term studies to release a vaccine.

The ones who want to wait are the people inciting natural herd immunity as a mode of dealing with a deadly virus because they feel it doesn't impact them. They feel that it is safe for them to wait until long term studies are undertaken. They don't care about the people with high risk at dying and all they care about is their low risk and imagined risk of adverse events with a new vaccine. If it were killing people in their age group then rest assured with wouldn't be hearing about questions about long term safety with a vaccine. They would be running to get vaccinated.

Old 07-17-2021, 11:02 AM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
If no is is tracking vaccinated vs unvaccinated deaths, how do we know that an average of 5 vaccinate people died per day in May?

Also, I haven't read the link but what specifically did they die from?
The Associated Press received government data on COVID deaths from the month of May and analyzed it. The CDC admitted to AP that they are not doing it.

What the AP reported is the same analysis referenced in Blondy's link. She made up the statement that virtually everyone was unvaccinated. Spreading misinformation.

The deaths were from COVID-19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Most deaths are unvaccinated but not virtually all of them. In the month of May, 150 fully vaccinated people died. I don't know about other months.

According to the CDC, it could be more than that.

"The CDC itself has not estimated what percentage of hospitalizations and deaths are in fully vaccinated people, citing limitations in the data.

Among them: Only about 45 states report breakthrough infections, and some are more aggressive than others in looking for such cases. So the data probably understates such infections, CDC officials said."

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

Old 07-17-2021, 11:46 AM

3,211 posts, read 2,976,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I think you guys are really arrogant. Many people have gotten covid with vaccines and died. In addition they have died from the vaccine.

It's not arrogance, Arya, it's science, it's statistics, it's the truth, and it's quite obvious that the vaccines prevent covid.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
It's not arrogance, Arya, it's science, it's statistics, it's the truth, and it's quite obvious that the vaccines prevent covid.
History will judge the people who didn't take the vaccine as just stupid. It's like somebody saying I'd rather ride a horse than take a Model T Henry Ford car. Was the Model T perfect? No. Is the mRNA vaccine perfect? No. One builds a better mouse trap.

A banker's note to the guy making a contraption to replace horses.

"You're crazy if you think this fool contraption you'd been wasting your time on will ever displace the horse."

There's several different contraptions out there, several different vaccines out there. People are against the concept rather than the actual product. They are against vaccines. Many pretend to be against a specific vaccine but when one myth is debunked then out of nowhere they spring up with another. One soon realizes that it isn't an exercise in logic but one of beliefs that is outside the realm of scientific discussion. Science depends on logic to reach conclusions. The conclusions that some people reach are not logical and simply bizarre.

Old 07-17-2021, 12:35 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,262,232 times
Stop worrying. 99.7%

Old 07-17-2021, 12:47 PM

11,049 posts, read 6,639,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
It's not a coincidence. But some people prefer an alternative universe apparently.
Well, Arya Stark lives in "Game of Thrones".

Her brother came back from the dead. I'd call that an alternate universe!

However, she and I agree on disliking mammograms, so we might both die there too. But cancer isn't catching....

So I'm vaccinated....albeit that obscure Chinese one you don't hear about....

Old 07-17-2021, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-steed View Post
Wel lI gues it really matters how we look at this......... Alot of different opinions on this,probably more than anything else....
There's a lot of different ways to look at it which is why I implied a historical perspective. Historical perspective in the sense of how other vaccines faired in past at this point in time. It is exceedingly rare for a vaccine to go terribly wrong after release. I also chose the timeline of this point after reports have all been evaluated for its short term safety record. The only thing that is realistically in question is the long term safety record which historically has not been a problem with past vaccines. I also took into account the pandemic which took on historical proportions. Tie that in with the dramatic decline in deaths with the vaccine.

That's where I get my opinion of what the historical opinion of those who do not take the vaccine for no reason other than medical should be.

You want to take an economical perspective or a libertarian civil rights perspective? History will view it from a medical pandemic perspective. It's like the black plague. Did you hear about the shop owners who didn't want their shop closed because of the black death? Not mentioned. One heard of the doctors running around with bird masks with garlic in the beak. One heard of the number of deaths.

Old 07-17-2021, 06:16 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,099,317 times
No, not "virtually all cases are unvaccinated" right now. Come with research data, not press releases, if you disagree.

My prediction: Is that the vaccines will start to wane by August, prior to the boosters being available. The boosters may have an even higher rate of adverse events associated with them than the covid vaccines in general do. It's hard to imagine anything being worse, as the number of deaths following Covid vaccination reported to VAERS now exceeds the total number of deaths reported to VAERS for all other vaccines combined over the past 30 years (Covid vaccine = 9,048 vs. all other vaccines combined = 8,886).
https://wonder.cdc.gov/vaers.html?fb...Oo7rd_6Wqt1Mu8

Regardless, the boosters will likely somehow, be even worse; possibly due in part to ADE.

Quote:
Given past data on multiple SARS-CoV-1 and MERS-CoV vaccine efforts have failed due to ADE in animal models (75, 81), it is reasonable to hypothesize a similar ADE risk for SARS-CoV-2 antibodies and vaccines. ADE risks may be associated with antibody level (which can wane over time after vaccination) and also if the antibodies are derived from prior exposures to other coronaviruses.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7943455/

Additionally, after the flu vaccine campaign begins in late September, we will see a rise in covid rates by October; just like we did in Sep-Oct 2020. Hopefully not as bad.

Not to sound like the cackling crone in the tent at a gypsy carnival or anything ... but remember that all my predictions last year here on CD came true. Nobody has argued that with me, they just blame my being right on everything else (holidays, protests, reopenings, mandates, etc ...) Like really; I'm not that lucky to have been "accidentally right", multiple times but whatever.

So, the takeaway is that we will have a wave starting around August, where even press releases can't claim that they are all unvaccinated. This will be followed by a bigger wave by late October. Since I don't know when the boosters will be available, I can't predict any further.

As a matter of public health; it is extremely important that Ivermectin be used widespread, in early stages of infection. It should have been being used this entire time & not as many people would be dead. It will be even more important this Fall.

*rubs hands together & cackles "hee-hee, my pretty"

Or I could be completely wrong, lol but if you think your experts know (or will use what they know) any better than any of us posters do; you will be disappointed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness