Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 06:14 PM

7 posts, read 6,442 times

Advertisements

Just staying calm is the best thing to do.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2021, 06:21 PM

7,074 posts, read 4,514,055 times
My friend died from Covid in November before vaccines were available. People that don’t get vaccinated will have to live with the consequences. I feel sorry for immune compromised people as they rely on herd immunity to keep safe. I don’t think we should shut down again unless we have no choice.

Old 07-16-2021, 06:37 PM

5,707 posts, read 4,278,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I will judge who I want to. But what I am saying is that as we go into the fall and winter there is zero guarantee that the vaccines will be effective.

There is no proof that the reduction in cases and deaths is because of the vaccine (and not the weather / time of year) and the next few weeks will really tell the tale.

Right now cases have gone from 10K a day in the USA to 40K and, if deaths go up as well, it will be obvious that the vaccines aren't that good.

You would be arrogant to be skipping around at the moment sure that your vaccine will keep you safe when you simply don't know and, you simply don't know if another booster will be safe.

We do know. You're just in denial. Its that simple.

Old 07-16-2021, 06:58 PM

7 posts, read 6,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark
I will judge who I want to. But what I am saying is that as we go into the fall and winter there is zero guarantee that the vaccines will be effective.

There is no proof that the reduction in cases and deaths is because of the vaccine (and not the weather / time of year) and the next few weeks will really tell the tale.

Right now cases have gone from 10K a day in the USA to 40K and, if deaths go up as well, it will be obvious that the vaccines aren't that good.
A very good knowlegable reply!!

No we dont know FOR SURE and many just blindly accept this... (I dont wanna get too heavy into it,we need this thread to stay open)

Old 07-16-2021, 07:37 PM

1,147 posts, read 861,057 times
What I see in the future is continued benefits of the vaccine take off and if a booster is required then so be it. The efficacy was proven with clinical trials but forget about the trials and look at the numbers now being admitted to the hospitals after a significant people getting vaccinated.

I see more and more people getting vaccinated and those people who were naturally infected going and getting the vaccine in order to be protected by the prevailing virus.

Finally the very few resistant to vaccinations are the ones who won't take this vaccine or any vaccine. Any advances made against the virus will be attributed to anything and everything except to the vaccine. Arguments have included that the test is inaccurate, that masks do nothing and closing down businesses only killed the economy. That the vaccine didn't do anything or worse they kill people and it was all environmental changes with better hygiene better toilets and waste disposal that really did it. Don't count out global warming as the credit for decreasing deaths in the vaccinated or solar flare activity. The creativity trying to circumvent logic is impressive.

That's what I see.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:15 PM

6,821 posts, read 10,513,511 times
I don't have a crystal ball, but I don't think we're going to see school closures again unless things get far worse than in the past, but a masking policy could return/remain in some form. I say this because I think most communities weigh the cost of an additional year of disrupted schooling as greater than the cost of 'accepting' COVID.

I think we could see a booster shot in the fall or winter. I also think due to incomplete vaccination of communities, etc., that COVID will remain with us at a higher level than hoped for a few more years, and then it may evolve into something like seasonal flu where each year people will get a vaccine, perhaps even combined with their influenza shot.

So I think individually one should go about life nearly normally, if vaccinated, but should still pursue rigorous hand washing and reasonable social distancing, etc. On a group level, I think we should continue to pursue vaccination and improved air circulation, hygiene, etc., and also updated standard policies/cultural norms/workers rights of people staying home when ill and having paid time off, and ability to work from home or flex schedule if position allows, at least to some degree. On a broader level, I think we need to continue to try to address inequity in access to affordable health care and vaccinations, misinformation that leads to poor individual health decisions and policies, revising business and government strategies that contributed to shortages, excessive burden on essential workers without adequate reward and support, and unemployment.

Old 07-16-2021, 08:42 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,569,699 times
  1. Masks: There is still little to no scientific evidence for the effectiveness of cloth face masks in the general population, and the introduction of mandatory masks couldn’t contain or slow the epidemic in most countries. If used improperly, masks may increase the risk of infection. (MOF, Lancet published article not so long ago, proving that SARS2 is predominantly aerosol infection thus, proving that masks are useless, as they DO NOT protect from aerosol infections. Ventilation and fresh air do.)
  2. Children and schools: In contrast to influenza, the risk of disease and transmission in children is rather low in the case of covid. There was and is therefore no medical reason for the closure of elementary schools or other measures specifically aimed at children.
  3. Vaccines: Real-world studies have shown a high effectiveness of covid vaccines. However, severe and fatal vaccine side effects have been reported even in young people, and the long-term safety and effectiveness of covid vaccines remains unknown. Due to safety concerns, some countries decided against the use of some types of vaccines or the vaccination of children. Based on current evidence, a previous covid infection protects just as well as full vaccination.
https://swprs.org/facts-about-covid-19/

Old 07-16-2021, 09:47 PM

1,499 posts, read 885,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Virtually everyone dying of Covid-19 today is someone who did not get vaccinated.

Surely, that cannot be a coincidence.
Agreed…..

Yes you can get Covid after vaccinated, but none of vaccinated folks are dying or on vents.

They are all the unvaccinated

Take whatever chance you want, but you may be in next years death numbers

Old 07-16-2021, 10:10 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,064,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Virtually everyone dying of Covid-19 today is someone who did not get vaccinated.

Surely, that cannot be a coincidence.
Most deaths are unvaccinated but not virtually all of them. In the month of May, 150 fully vaccinated people died. I don't know about other months.

According to the CDC, it could be more than that.

"The CDC itself has not estimated what percentage of hospitalizations and deaths are in fully vaccinated people, citing limitations in the data.

Among them: Only about 45 states report breakthrough infections, and some are more aggressive than others in looking for such cases. So the data probably understates such infections, CDC officials said."

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187

Old 07-16-2021, 11:01 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,435,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
Most deaths are unvaccinated but not virtually all of them. In the month of May, 150 fully vaccinated people died. I don't know about other months.

According to the CDC, it could be more than that.

"The CDC itself has not estimated what percentage of hospitalizations and deaths are in fully vaccinated people, citing limitations in the data.

Among them: Only about 45 states report breakthrough infections, and some are more aggressive than others in looking for such cases. So the data probably understates such infections, CDC officials said."

https://apnews.com/article/coronavir...6e7354f5d5e187
Meh............every article I have seen from hospitals says that over 99% of patients dying in their hospitals are the unvaccinated.

They cant all be making this up.

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid...e-unvaccinated

Last edited by Blondy; 07-16-2021 at 11:26 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness