Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2021, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,428 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!
I have a question and i would like to know if someone has the same problem as i cant find something exactly like that while searching online.

For a couple of years i have seen that each time i am lifting my left leg backwards for stretching for example, or doing butterfly strethes, or projection to this leg i am feeling a pull, or pain or something only during this exercise in my back in the same spot every time, on the left. Foe axample exactly the time i am lifting my leg the exact moment. This pain gets away right after i pull my leg down.

This has made me stop many exercises i really enjoyed doing and i feel like i cant even train some muscles of my body because of this.

What do u think it is and why is it happening? should i see a doctor? maybe its because of wrong posture or smth as i study computer science i spend most of my time in a chair. Any ideas??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 02:01 PM

5,734 posts, read 4,345,825 times
Maybe sacroiliac joint. Get a diagnosis and get some exercises from a PT

Old 06-02-2021, 05:15 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,726,378 times
It may be sciatica or some sort of degeneration in your lumbar spine/SI joint that you irritate when you are doing those exercises. It make also be that your posture makes the left side worse because you are activating the lower back muscles instead of the preferred muscles when doing those exercises. For example, sometimes if I am doing exercises with leg lifting while in table top, I can feel that my back is getting irritated. Keeping the back straight and the core activated usually helps.

Old 06-04-2021, 04:26 PM

724 posts, read 406,931 times
Yup. Sounds like sciatica. It probably progressed over time, especially if you are on a computer for much of the day. I would get it checked out so it doesn't become worse and debilitating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness