Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 04:46 PM

37,239 posts, read 41,460,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
I really wish they would release more information on the possible cause of the blood clots. What the news is reporting is very vague.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:22 PM

4,186 posts, read 5,091,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
My impression is that a more immediate systemic immune response, such as fever, fatigue, chills, etc. is a better indicator of a robust immune system than a delayed, local injection site response is.
Yes, but isn't a robust immune response something you don't want ?
i.e. cytokine storm...

Old 03-22-2021, 06:24 PM

4,186 posts, read 5,091,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I really wish they would release more information on the possible cause of the blood clots. What the news is reporting is very vague.
An overly robust immune response ?
Blood clots were seen in many natural infections...

Old 03-22-2021, 06:27 PM

37,239 posts, read 41,460,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
An overly robust immune response ?
Blood clots were seen in many natural infections...
They are claiming a rare autoimmune phenomenon that is treatable.

Old 03-22-2021, 06:54 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,895,314 times
27 documented blood clots out of 20 million vaccinations, 9 fatal. Driving your car for a month is more dangerous than an AZ injection. However this is all academic for the Americans on here because we are unlikely to see many Americans use the AZ shot (or Novavax for that matter).

Old 03-22-2021, 07:41 PM

10,659 posts, read 7,874,788 times
Quote:
i.e. cytokine storm...
I don't believe this has been known to happen with a vaccine? It's in response to an infection.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:46 PM

10,222 posts, read 7,631,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arktikos View Post
My impression is that a more immediate systemic immune response, such as fever, fatigue, chills, etc. is a better indicator of a robust immune system than a delayed, local injection site response is.
No, that's an allergic reaction. If someone has an immediate, allergic reaction to the virus vaccine (or any vaccine), they should not get the 2nd dose, I read.

Covid arm is not an allergic reaction. It's an immune system response, and is an indication of a robust immune system in the person. No reason not to get the 2nd dose.

Covid arm, while a response to the vaccine, is not a big deal. Something is shot into the muscle of the arm. Impossible for any intrusion into the body not to cause something...an instantaneous sting from the needle, an ache in that muscle, whatever. Like exercising with weights after a long time not exercising will get the muscles sore. Not a big deal.

I'm of an age where I remember the miracle of the polio vaccine. They were injections and sugar cubes, as I recall. Before then, polio was a feared disease, leaving people with a deformed leg or something. I had a teacher with one leg that was so skinny it looked like a twig. She had to wear a heavy metal brace on it. She'd had polio. I also remember so many kids, incl myself, getting measles. That, too, is a thing of the past. To me, vaccines are a good thing.

Old 03-22-2021, 10:55 PM

10,222 posts, read 7,631,096 times
Quote:
i.e. cytokine storm...
Having a robust immune system is a good thing, IMO. In any case, it's not a big deal. A few days with redness and maybe some itching.

It's just what happens with some people. It's not a bad thing, is what I read.

I've had the flu vaccine only a few times. I never had a reaction, either immediate or later. That's just the way my body responds to it, I guess. It is what it is. If I had a small response for a few days, that wouldn't bother me, unless it was an allergic reaction.

Some women find childbirth very hard, while for others, it's easier. Bodies react differently.

Old 03-23-2021, 12:51 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,413,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
I imagine for the same reason that same majority of doctors would be hesitant to accept liability if something were to go wrong had she gone forth with the vaccine. As a country, we are well into vaccinating the public at large.

Why are manufacturers still held harmless, and why have none of the vaccines received full FDA approval?

My employer provides 6 months paid if we contract COVID-19. We don't get anything additional beyond our 5 sick days if we have severe side effects due to receiving the vaccine.
Doctors do not have to accept liability for something going wrong if go forth with the vaccine - doctors could be liable for discouraging the current best practice of getting the vaccine and results in significant issue from an infection.

Existing law is that vaccine manufactures can not be sued unless “willful misconduct” by the company. Health and Human Services ruled that the 2005 Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act applied to COVID vaccines that provides legal protection to companies making or distributing critical medical supplies, such as vaccines and treatments, unless there is willful misconduct.

Also US law prevents suing anyway under 42 U.S. Code § 300aa–22 - Standards of responsibility
Quote:
No vaccine manufacturer shall be liable in a civil action for damages arising from a vaccine-related injury or death associated with the administration of a vaccine after October 1, 1988, if the injury or death resulted from side effects that were unavoidable even though the vaccine was properly prepared and was accompanied by proper directions and warnings.
The vaccines have been given EUA, full approval takes years. Few want to wait years for a vaccine that is impacting everyone right now. Th e country and the economy are in better shape the sooner we can get back to the new normal. No one wants to be wearing masks and social distancing for years. Many do not feel safe to go out until they are vaccinated. Feel free to wait years for full approval but in the meantime respect those that want to get vaccinated. If you don't get vaccinated, be ready to be subject to rules that protect others so you can't infect others.

BTW - Who cares what your employer gives you and your statement is likely false - most employers follow the guidelines. Giving 6 months pay is ludicrous, it would encourage low risk employees to get infected.

Last edited by ddeemo; 03-23-2021 at 01:08 AM..

Old 03-23-2021, 08:12 AM

3,666 posts, read 1,625,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Even if your number were right, which they are not. Find any scientific evidence for your numbers.

542k dead and millions hospitalized from COVID itself.

So where are accurate vaccine adverse reactions numbers tallied and reported?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness