Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 06:10 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times

Advertisements

I have been reading that people who have already had covid have more side effects from the vaccine than people who never had covid. I had the Pfizer vaccine a couple of weeks ago and only had some minor side effects. But I highly suspect I had covid early in the pandemic from trips to Boston where there are Wuhan students at the music conservatory. I'm also reading that the second vaccine dose gives more side effects. In another week I should get the second dose.

Second COVID Shot Packs the Big Punch
— First dose also worse for those with previous COVID, but "small price to pay" for protection

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...clusives/91157

Old 02-13-2021, 06:54 PM

9,131 posts, read 6,180,105 times
I received the second shot of the Pfizer vaccine last week and have had no side effects.

As with everything in medicine and affecting the body, everyone's reactions will be personal and different.

Before I received the first shot, I had the covid anitbody test twice and it was negative both times - no antibodies, so I probably never had covid. But still I had no reactions or side effects to the two vaccinations.

The media w****s have to get clicks or sell newspaper or whatever they do to make money. None of my friends have had any reaction or side effects from the vaccines, either Moderna or Pfizer.

Don't worry about it.

Old 02-13-2021, 07:01 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,897,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post

Don't worry about it.
I'm not worried. I'm just curious.

Old 02-13-2021, 11:51 PM

472 posts, read 325,691 times
Wait 3 to 4 years, then tell me you have no side effects. Both the Pfizer and Maderna vaccines use brand new mRNA technology. These are experimental vaccines that were authorized by the FDA for emergency use based on just two months of clinical trial data. There are unknown risks regarding auto immune diseases, pathogen priming / antibody dependent enhancement, risk of infertility for women of child bearing age, and according to immunologist J. Bart Classen, possibly even neurological disorders (from the mRNA vaccines) that may take years to come to light. Unfortunately, the technocrats and the media are being quiet about the risks and this post will probably get deleted. Childrenshealthdefense.org has a great article. For the record, I am not 'anti-vaccine'. I am anti-experimental vaccines that have not been fully tested. Most vaccines are tested for 5 years before they ever hit the market. Personally I am waiting for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which at least uses the old (tested) DNA technology.

Old 02-14-2021, 12:55 AM

1,500 posts, read 886,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillie767 View Post
I received the second shot of the Pfizer vaccine last week and have had no side effects.

As with everything in medicine and affecting the body, everyone's reactions will be personal and different.

Before I received the first shot, I had the covid anitbody test twice and it was negative both times - no antibodies, so I probably never had covid. But still I had no reactions or side effects to the two vaccinations.

The media w****s have to get clicks or sell newspaper or whatever they do to make money. None of my friends have had any reaction or side effects from the vaccines, either Moderna or Pfizer.

Don't worry about it.
That unusual...that you know no one with side effects from vaccine, esp Moderna..

My hubby age 81 had his second dose of Moderna yesterday....he has had a miserable 24 hours since...dizzy, headaches, aches pains esp leg weakness....this is a guy who climbs trees and does all the yard work..

I very nearly had to call 911 a few hours ago..he couldn’t get himself up the couch he was so weak, then I followed him down the hall to get him to bed....I hung onto his shirt as he looked like he might fall..he is a big guy, I am not....if he fell I could never get him up..
In the bedroom he was attempting to take off his fleece pants...standing up and bending over..I said no way, sit on side of bed, so if you lose balance you will fall back onto the bed...he barely got the pants down, was unable to lift his legs up onto the bed..
Again...dizzy, weak etc..

I tucked him in..just checked and he is asleep..hopefully tomorrow will be better..if not I will have to hire male help..

Just talked to my sister..we are nurses,,everyone she knows who got Moderna have varying degrees of side effects...
Am glad I got Pfizer..

Nothing to be blasé about..it can hit you hard

Old 02-14-2021, 09:38 AM

10,557 posts, read 7,755,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
Wait 3 to 4 years, then tell me you have no side effects. Both the Pfizer and Maderna vaccines use brand new mRNA technology...
It's not "brand new". These vaccines have been used in humans since 2009 and have been studied for even longer.

Regarding the short term side effects that are the subject of this thread, my wife has developed "Covid arm" from Moderna vaccine. Her shoulder has a large, itchy red raised area on it around where shot was administered.

I had the same shot two days ago and so far just have a bit of shoulder soreness.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:34 AM

1,200 posts, read 619,478 times
I know several people who wished they never got the Covid vaccine since they are experiencing severe side effects (if you want to know the side effects I will post them) after having the vaccine 2 to 3 weeks later.

Personally I would never get the vaccine but that's me. I enjoy researching in my spare time and what I have read scares the heck out of me!

Good luck!

Old 02-14-2021, 10:37 AM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
My mom got her maderna vaccine 2 weeks ago, her arm is still sore and she feels like she has a bad cold. her second shot is march 4th.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:21 AM

9,131 posts, read 6,180,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
That unusual...that you know no one with side effects from vaccine, esp Moderna..

My hubby age 81 had his second dose of Moderna yesterday....he has had a miserable 24 hours since...dizzy, headaches, aches pains esp leg weakness....this is a guy who climbs trees and does all the yard work..

I very nearly had to call 911 a few hours ago..he couldn’t get himself up the couch he was so weak, then I followed him down the hall to get him to bed....I hung onto his shirt as he looked like he might fall..he is a big guy, I am not....if he fell I could never get him up..
In the bedroom he was attempting to take off his fleece pants...standing up and bending over..I said no way, sit on side of bed, so if you lose balance you will fall back onto the bed...he barely got the pants down, was unable to lift his legs up onto the bed..
Again...dizzy, weak etc..

I tucked him in..just checked and he is asleep..hopefully tomorrow will be better..if not I will have to hire male help..

Just talked to my sister..we are nurses,,everyone she knows who got Moderna have varying degrees of side effects...
Am glad I got Pfizer..

Nothing to be blasé about..it can hit you hard
Sorry about your husband having a bad reaction to the vaccine. Maybe it hits older people harder - same as having covid hits older people harder. I and my friends and family are all fine. The worst reaction was the always mentioned "slight soreness at the injection site."

Old 02-14-2021, 11:25 AM

1,465 posts, read 1,083,473 times
Close to 50 Million people have already taken the vaccine in the US. Important to put things into perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.